Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Outside The Lines > The Leprechaun Lounge
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 06-28-2019, 11:08 AM   #92
TDHeysus
HTML/CSS/JS/jQuery

Cash: 979,221,068,073.14
Bank: 1,861,701,605,717,870,848.00
Total Bankroll: 1,861,702,584,938,939,136.00
Donate
TDHeysus should be giving advice to Kelly!TDHeysus should be giving advice to Kelly!TDHeysus should be giving advice to Kelly!TDHeysus should be giving advice to Kelly!TDHeysus should be giving advice to Kelly!TDHeysus should be giving advice to Kelly!TDHeysus should be giving advice to Kelly!TDHeysus should be giving advice to Kelly!TDHeysus should be giving advice to Kelly!TDHeysus should be giving advice to Kelly!TDHeysus should be giving advice to Kelly!
Los Angeles Dodgers Los Angeles Lakers Oakland Raiders Detroit Red Wings Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACamp1900 View Post
Haven't been the same since... strange as I get older knowing it's just a game but looking back it shaped some of my childhood (by ending it really lol) and it admittedly stuck with me for years afterwards.
That game sticks with me too(eventhough I didnt watch it)....it was just after beating the Charlie Ward-led 'fast break' FSU team 24-17. A week before the FSU game I got the Irish leprehcaun tattooed on my back (shoulder).

I couldnt watch the BC game because my father (who was a general contractor) had me helping him with a side job for a friend of his. We were replacing a roof, and I had the radio on and heard what happened as a 'sports update'; the radio station we were listening to was a 'pro-USC' station and I thought, "the station is just fucking around". Of course that was just what I was trying to tell myself.

Another thing that happened that day, my father fell thru the roof because of some rotted rafters - he wasnt hurt; to this day I still rib him about 'the day he fell thru the roof'.....he usually responds with, you mean the day ND lost to BC?

My father has always been a USC fan.

Last edited by TDHeysus; 06-28-2019 at 12:02 PM..
TDHeysus is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 06-28-2019, 11:52 AM   #93
Edge
Walk-On

Cash: 1,000.79
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 1,000.79
Donate
Edge should be giving advice to Kelly!Edge should be giving advice to Kelly!Edge should be giving advice to Kelly!Edge should be giving advice to Kelly!Edge should be giving advice to Kelly!Edge should be giving advice to Kelly!Edge should be giving advice to Kelly!Edge should be giving advice to Kelly!Edge should be giving advice to Kelly!Edge should be giving advice to Kelly!Edge should be giving advice to Kelly!

1984 South Carolina at the stadium
Gamecock win
Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 12:07 PM   #94
ACamp1900
Mr. Congeniality

Cash: 100,001,109,467,927,824.00
Bank: 669,046,345,149,794.38
Total Bankroll: 100,670,155,813,077,600.00
Donate
ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Los Angeles Angels Cleveland Browns Pittsburgh Penguins Kansas Newcastle United USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pac View Post
It was 1975 vs Georgia Tech. My son was always told that we wasn't good or smart enough to play college football. He proved them all wrong and became a walk-on under Era Parseghian. When I walked through the tunnel there was no doubt that the stadium was the most beautiful thing my eyes had ever laid eyes on (even with my wife standing literally right next to me). We waited the whole game and my son still hadn't played a down. Finally. The whole stadium started chanting his name and he was put in for the last two plays. He then got the final sack of the game and they carried him off the field!
I started reading this like, “ I know PAC is roughly my age,.... wtf is this???” Lol
Old 06-28-2019, 12:28 PM   #95
Irishize
Sophomore

Cash: 5,395.82
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 5,395.82
Donate
Irishize should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishize should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishize should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishize should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishize should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishize should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishize should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishize should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishize should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishize should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishize should be giving advice to Kelly!

Mine was the first game of the Davie Era in 1997 as well as the first game w/ the new stadium expansion. The pep rally was held in the stadium. An ND student did a Matt Foley impression for “motivation”.

It was a beautiful day. ND eked out a win over GT. Powlus was playing his final season at QB. Could’ve been worse.

Wish I had seen a Holtz-coached Irish game. I did get to see him coach USCe when they visited Arkansas to play in LR. His team lost on a blocked FG w/ time expiring. The Gamecock fans were calling for the firing of DC Charlie Strong.
Irishize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 12:40 PM   #96
zelezo vlk
Legend

Cash: 113,765,068,302.65
Bank: 249,965,140,586,118.81
Total Bankroll: 250,078,905,654,421.44
Donate
zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!
St Louis Cardinals Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishize View Post
Mine was the first game of the Davie Era in 1997 as well as the first game w/ the new stadium expansion. The pep rally was held in the stadium. An ND student did a Matt Foley impression for “motivation”.

It was a beautiful day. ND eked out a win over GT. Powlus was playing his final season at QB. Could’ve been worse.

Wish I had seen a Holtz-coached Irish game. I did get to see him coach USCe when they visited Arkansas to play in LR. His team lost on a blocked FG w/ time expiring. The Gamecock fans were calling for the firing of DC Charlie Strong.
I have a poster of ND from that game, I believe.
zelezo vlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 01:20 PM   #97
Irish#1
Living Your Dream!

Cash: 512,049,208,046.99
Bank: 13,945,162,558,037,150.00
Total Bankroll: 13,945,674,607,245,196.00
Donate
Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!
New York Yankees Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post
Especially that game, that night game atmosphere was electric. I was there with my cousin for his first game.

I remember USC received the opening kickoff and drove the length of the field, then ND took over and it only took one play. Kizer to Fuller, 75 yards, 7-7. The place went wild.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tadman95 View Post
The best part of that play was Fuller dusting Adoree Jackson who the announcers had been fawning over up to that point.
We're sitting between the goal post in the south EZ about a quarter of the way up with the teams back to us. Ever have one of those plays where you see it before it happens? Before Kizer planted his feet, I jumped up and yelled, "He's got him". After all of the high fives and excitement wore down a tad, they looked at me and asked, "How in the hell did you call that?" lol

Last edited by Irish#1; 06-28-2019 at 01:26 PM..
Irish#1 is offline   Reply With Quote