Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Outside The Lines > The Leprechaun Lounge
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 07-09-2019, 12:47 PM   #10298
IrishLion
I am Beyonce, Always.

Cash: 80,861.62
Bank: 927,536,577,663,967,104.00
Total Bankroll: 927,536,577,664,048,000.00
Donate
IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!
Cincinnati Reds Cincinnati Bengals Cincinnati

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACamp1900 View Post
You're right, that makes me feel so much better. You can pump sunshine all you want, we still lost to mexcio and there is NEVER a silver lining there if you care about this team... ever. The WC failure made this all the more important, mexcio didn't play well all tourney and should have been out twice imo, we played above the expectations of many heading into the final and... still lost. I'm not happy, not even pissed, I'm mostly just defeated... I have to be one of the oldest USMNT fans around, I've been watching religiously and such since the early 90s, my passion is just shot. I don't know what to tell you.
I haven't been a fan of the USMNT that long... started paying real attention to the national team in 2010 for that World Cup, and still didn't really know anything about the game.

But I feel like I've seen enough of the young guys, and the potential star power that might have a chance at developing, to know that the USMNT is in a much better place than it was in 2010 or even 2014, even with the terrible qualifying miss for WC 2018.

The talent is there to finally look respectable compared to the rest of the world, but they need stability in terms of developing the team for that to come to fruition, and it needs to be a sustained effort for a few years.
IrishLion is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 07-09-2019, 02:34 PM   #10299
BabyIrish
Marble Mouth

Cash: 13,230,096,027.46
Bank: 519,639,220,935.33
Total Bankroll: 532,869,316,962.79
Donate
BabyIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!BabyIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!BabyIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!BabyIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!BabyIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!BabyIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!BabyIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!BabyIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!BabyIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!BabyIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!BabyIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLion View Post
I haven't been a fan of the USMNT that long... started paying real attention to the national team in 2010 for that World Cup, and still didn't really know anything about the game.

But I feel like I've seen enough of the young guys, and the potential star power that might have a chance at developing, to know that the USMNT is in a much better place than it was in 2010 or even 2014, even with the terrible qualifying miss for WC 2018.

The talent is there to finally look respectable compared to the rest of the world, but they need stability in terms of developing the team for that to come to fruition, and it needs to be a sustained effort for a few years.
I’ve been following since 02 WC. The 02 team was the best I’ve seen out of any US Team. I personally think we have the talent to rival that 02 team. We’ll see if it happens but I’m optimistic.
Old 07-09-2019, 03:30 PM   #10300
ACamp1900
Mr. Congeniality

Cash: 100,001,109,467,927,040.00
Bank: 669,046,345,149,794.38
Total Bankroll: 100,670,155,813,076,832.00
Donate
ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Los Angeles Angels Cleveland Browns Pittsburgh Penguins Kansas Newcastle United USA

Ryan Christie is easily one of Celtic's best players now (tearing up it again in their UCL qualifier right now)... if not their very best. Crazy because most fans threw a fit when he came in and for a long while there he was a complete liability.
Old 07-10-2019, 10:40 AM   #10301
Rogue219
Sophomore

Cash: 2,611.39
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 2,611.39
Donate
Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Pittsburgh Pirates San Antonio Spurs Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Penguins West Virginia Liverpool USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by notredomer23 View Post
We were without 3 of our 5 best players too. It's not like Mexico brought their B squad to play our A squad.
Even with this being said, having been better in the first half, all the tactics and everything else baked into the conversation: Mexico has enough quality and depth to outplay the U.S.

The USMNT is a step back from them. I do feel they have made some strides in the last month and look more settled under the new boss, but the gap is there between the US and Mexico full strength vs full strength on paper.

For now.
Rogue219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 02:03 PM   #10302
Rogue219
Sophomore

Donate
Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Pittsburgh Pirates San Antonio Spurs Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Penguins West Virginia Liverpool USA

Old 07-10-2019, 02:32 PM   #10303
NorthDakota
I'm with Hillary 2020

Cash: 1,000,000,000,019,182.12
Total Bankroll: 1,000,000,000,019,182.12
Donate
NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!
Minnesota Twins Washington Wizards Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Notre Dame Liverpool Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue219 View Post
Lmaoooo its gonna be lit next year when he scores a couple of goals against Man City or something and that's what wins Pool the League.

Divock Origi is love, Divock Origi is life.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:30 AM   #10304
Rogue219
Sophomore

Donate

Having seen City without Fernandinho at times last year only to see them sign a more than capable back up for him this summer already just goes to show what everyone else is dealing with. They're not going away and they're gunning for Europe now more than ever. City is going to be a force, and I don't see how Liverpool think they can overtake them without getting a couple of players in this summer to bolster the squad.

We'll see how it goes. Liverpool closed a big gap last season. Someone like Spurs could potentially do the same this season with the right kind of moves.

Same with Juventus. They're doing it a different way, making relationships with agents and signing guys on free transfers but paying them very good wages.

The big guys are not lying down, especially the ones like City, Juventus, PSG and Bayern who have won all there is to win domestically.