Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Outside The Lines > The Leprechaun Lounge
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 07-09-2019, 10:47 PM   #435
Irish#1
Living Your Dream!

Cash: 4,001,762,082,668,714.00
Bank: 29,015,491,820,362,060.00
Total Bankroll: 33,017,253,903,030,772.00
Donate
Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!
New York Yankees Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Notre Dame

Would have been a hell of a president. Just ahead of his time. When he worked at IBM, he was their top salesman. His last year at IBM he met his quota for the year in January.

Last edited by Irish#1; 07-10-2019 at 10:23 PM..
Irish#1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 07-10-2019, 01:20 PM   #436
bigedefense
Freshman

Cash: 12,579.98
Bank: 38,395,549,069.41
Total Bankroll: 38,395,561,649.39
Donate
bigedefense should be giving advice to Kelly!bigedefense should be giving advice to Kelly!bigedefense should be giving advice to Kelly!bigedefense should be giving advice to Kelly!bigedefense should be giving advice to Kelly!bigedefense should be giving advice to Kelly!bigedefense should be giving advice to Kelly!bigedefense should be giving advice to Kelly!bigedefense should be giving advice to Kelly!bigedefense should be giving advice to Kelly!bigedefense should be giving advice to Kelly!
New York Yankees Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAre#1 View Post
Not exactly a famous person, but my father, the reason I consider myself a Notre Dame fan, died recently. It's something I've been needing to get off my chest for, what seems like, the longest time.

I'm probably a youngin' here, born in '91. But I've seen Notre Dame football home, away, and at bowl games. I've been to home and away basketball games. Throughout my entire life, my dad and I always shared a Notre Dame bond. In the late 40s, he and his two brothers were the first generation of his Irish family to be born in America. I'll never forget the stories of Notre Dame he told me. He spoke of greatness. Not just championships, but of an underdog upsetting greats like Oklahoma (which, he listened to on a radio with my grandmother) or UCLA in basketball. I never missed a Notre Dame football game with him. When we lived on the East Coast, if we couldn't order the game on ESPN+, we'd listen to it online, which only happened a handful of times. I remember him telling me of Faust getting destroyed by Johnson, only for Parseghian to comment that "Notre Dame will rise again." I remember, the only time abandoning the Irish, going to my room during the 2006 ND @ MSU game, only to run out, screaming in glee, when Lambert returned an INT for a TD. During my college years, away from home, we stayed in touch during the games. And if I couldn't watch the game live, we agreed to ignore football for the day and have the experience simultaneously. To put this in perspective, we had numerous Saturday's where we spent the entire day watching the sport. So, our interest went beyond ND football. We both liked college football, period.

Recently, my mother and father moved near my maternal grandparents, and I eventually followed suit. My maternal grandfather died late last year. Although I saw him frequently, and I hate to say this, his death didn't tear me apart. I loved him, yes. No doubt about it, but he was my grandfather. He didn't exactly define anything I do in life. Having said that, he's a graduate of the University of Michigan, and was a huge Wolverine. My father and I never watched football with him, even though we both knew he watched Michigan every Saturday. In fact, my father and I both hold the controversial opinion that Notre Dame should schedule Michigan State over Michigan on a yearly basis, but I digress. Having said that, with the Michigan v Notre Dame game looming overhead, my view has shifted drastically. My mother has, foolishly, agreed to watch the game with me. She knows that I haven't been able to do anything Notre Dame related since the death of my father. Any time I watch or read anything related to Notre Dame football, I can't help myself and I begin to cry. I can only imagine how difficult the position I've put her in. Unlike my father, a Catholic who, at the end of the day, would eventually wish for the Catholic team to win, my mother is a Protestant who doesn't agree with the Catholic Church in any regard. I'm not religious, so that doesn't bother me, but, for some reason, even she agrees to be Irish for just one day in September.

Sorry to spam the thread with, admittedly, irrelevant deaths, but this is the only place I thought of to post this. Years, maybe even a decade, ago, I was a member of a site called NotreDameFans.com (was that it? I just remember that markmaysucks.com would redirect to the homepage) and posted on the forums there. I never migrated anywhere. Go Irish!

Great post! Others may think of it as SPAM, but I think ALL NOTRE DAME fans are special people and a cut above! I have never met a true ND fan that wasn’t a good person.

I am so sorry that you lost your Dad. You and he sound a lot like my Dad and I were. (I am guessing the big difference is, you are a man. From the moment I entered this world, I was a Daddy’s girl. My Mom had to be taken to surgery right after she gave birth to me, so the nurse handed me to my Dad. Then my Mom battled Postpartum Depression so my Dad took care of me by himself for the first six years of my life. I don’t think I missed a ballgame with my Dad!

Folks always say that the first year after losing someone we love is the roughest. We have all those moments that suddenly become “first one without ___”. I admit, as I was sitting at my Dads funeral, I couldn’t help but think, will I watch NOTRE DAME play ever again? I would tell myself that I couldn’t! That was “our thing” and without Dad, I just could t do it. It went that way up until kickoff! I watched and I told myself I was going to keep “our” streak going.
I won’t lie to you and tell you that it gets better and time heals all wounds. It does t, for me at least. What has happened is, I am able to handle it better. I still love my Dad just as much as I did that moment he took his last breath, as I am sure you feel and will feel the same.

If you ever need a friend (a cyber ND friend is a real thing my Dad would say. He thought of these guys on here as his closest friends! To listen to him talk, you would have thought they lived next door!), you can message me on here or DM me and I will send you my email or cell #. We are all ND family in my opinion!

GO IRISH
Old 07-10-2019, 05:56 PM   #437
NDCrusader
Legend

Cash: 2,000,000,101,022,936,320.00
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 2,000,000,101,022,936,320.00
Donate
NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!

Rip Torn passed yesterday. Had no idea he was 88. Looked 50 something just 15 years ago.

RIP Rip!
NDCrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 10:24 PM   #438
Irish#1
Living Your Dream!

Cash: 4,001,762,082,668,714.00
Bank: 29,015,491,820,362,060.00
Total Bankroll: 33,017,253,903,030,772.00
Donate
Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!
New York Yankees Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Notre Dame

RIP Rip.
Irish#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:26 AM   #439
ulukinatme
Holtz/Triumph in 2016!

Cash: 276,176.71
Bank: 7,218,781,401,503,863,808.00
Total Bankroll: 7,218,781,401,504,140,288.00
Donate
ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!
Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDCrusader View Post
Rip Torn passed yesterday. Had no idea he was 88. Looked 50 something just 15 years ago.

RIP Rip!
He's been in a lot of stuff...Men in Black, Hercules, the Larry Sanders Show, Robocop...but Dodgeball will always be my favorite role of his.

ulukinatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 05:29 PM   #440
ACamp1900
Mr. Congeniality

Cash: 100,101,109,470,486,432.00
Bank: 1,536,963,013,909,545.25
Total Bankroll: 101,638,072,484,395,984.00
Donate
ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Los Angeles Angels Cleveland Browns Pittsburgh Penguins Kansas Newcastle United USA

Jim Bouton, former MLB pitcher and author of the controversial book, "Ball Four" passed away...
Old 07-15-2019, 11:56 AM   #441
Bishop2b5
SEC Exchange Student

Cash: 5,299,854,236.98
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 5,299,854,236.98
Donate
Bishop2b5 should be giving advice to Kelly!Bishop2b5 should be giving advice to Kelly!Bishop2b5 should be giving advice to Kelly!Bishop2b5 should be giving advice to Kelly!Bishop2b5 should be giving advice to Kelly!Bishop2b5 should be giving advice to Kelly!Bishop2b5 should be giving advice to Kelly!Bishop2b5 should be giving advice to Kelly!Bishop2b5 should be giving advice to Kelly!Bishop2b5 should be giving advice to Kelly!Bishop2b5 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Alabama

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mma...cid=spartanntp

Pernell "Sweet Pea" Whitaker, Olympic gold medalist and winner of world boxing championships in 4 different weight divisions, was struck and killed by a car last night. Preliminary reports are that no drugs, alcohol or speeding were involved, and the likely cause was that he was wearing dark clothing and crossing the street in an unlit area and the driver of the car didn't see him in time. Whitaker was one of the top pound-for-pound boxers in the world during the late 80's.

Last edited by Bishop2b5; 07-15-2019 at 12:12 PM..
Bishop2b5 is offline   Reply With Quote