Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Outside The Lines > The Leprechaun Lounge
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 04-14-2019, 05:00 PM   #211
ACamp1900
Mr. Congeniality

Cash: 100,001,109,467,911,008.00
Bank: 538,089,246,844,431.62
Total Bankroll: 100,539,198,714,755,440.00
Donate
ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Los Angeles Angels Cleveland Browns Pittsburgh Penguins Kansas Newcastle United USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizards8507 View Post
So you're the one guy who subscribes to CBS All Access but you were trying to dunk on Netflix and Disney+?
Huh? I like Netflix,... and I don’t subscribe, my brother in law had it on,...

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 04-15-2019, 07:43 AM   #212
Irish#1
Living Your Dream!

Cash: 512,049,207,583.79
Bank: 11,439,890,395,968,448.00
Total Bankroll: 11,440,402,445,176,032.00
Donate
Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!
New York Yankees Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Notre Dame

Heard a comment on the radio about Billions. Decided to download and watch to see what it was all about. Paul Giamatti and Damian Lewis are the main characters. The wife and I ended up binge watching the first six episodes. Very good show. Highly recommend it.
Irish#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:08 AM   #213
Whiskeyjack
Logic & Reason

Cash: 5,000,158,805.99
Bank: 252,153,730,705,018,784.00
Total Bankroll: 252,153,735,705,177,632.00
Donate
Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!
Notre Dame

My wife and I started watching Mad Men over the last week. Got through the first three episodes. Very well done, but I have a hard time wanting to watch more since there's no one to root for. Virtually every character is morally depraved. That's apparently intentional on Matthew Weiner's part--to show how a nostalgic and stylish era of American history was really rotten--but it's tough to keep people coming back without at least a few sympathetic protagonists.
Old 04-15-2019, 11:11 AM   #214
IrishLion
I am Beyonce, Always.

Cash: 73,911.70
Bank: 745,983,386,822,211,072.00
Total Bankroll: 745,983,386,822,284,928.00
Donate
IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!
Cincinnati Reds Cincinnati Bengals Cincinnati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
My wife and I started watching Mad Men over the last week. Got through the first three episodes. Very well done, but I have a hard time wanting to watch more since there's no one to root for. Virtually every character is morally depraved. That's apparently intentional on Matthew Weiner's part--to show how a nostalgic and stylish era of American history was really rotten--but it's tough to keep people coming back without at least a few sympathetic protagonists.
Stick it out for some of the 'redemption' arcs.

They are very well done, and really are hard-earned, both for the characters and the viewer.

It's also neat to the see the characters and themes progress alongside the different eras of history that the show stretches through.
IrishLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:21 AM   #215
zelezo vlk
Legend

Cash: 113,765,068,057.29
Bank: 201,037,723,635,173.25
Total Bankroll: 201,151,488,703,230.53
Donate
zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!
St Louis Cardinals Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLion View Post
Stick it out for some of the 'redemption' arcs.

They are very well done, and really are hard-earned, both for the characters and the viewer.

It's also neat to the see the characters and themes progress alongside the different eras of history that the show stretches through.
This.

Personally I find the second half of the show much more enjoyable.
zelezo vlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 12:22 PM   #216
Luckylucci
Community Moderator

Cash: 201,600,513.72
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 201,600,513.72
Donate
Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish#1 View Post
Heard a comment on the radio about Billions. Decided to download and watch to see what it was all about. Paul Giamatti and Damian Lewis are the main characters. The wife and I ended up binge watching the first six episodes. Very good show. Highly recommend it.
I really liked it, but my wife lost interest somewhere during season 4 and I haven't been able to get her re-engaged. Maybe at a slow point this summer I'll give it another go.
Luckylucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 12:50 PM   #217
Irish#1
Living Your Dream!

Cash: 512,049,207,583.79
Bank: 11,439,890,395,968,448.00
Total Bankroll: 11,440,402,445,176,032.00
Donate
Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!
New York Yankees Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckylucci View Post
I really liked it, but my wife lost interest somewhere during season 4 and I haven't been able to get her re-engaged. Maybe at a slow point this summer I'll give it another go.
My wife usually doesn't care for shows where there are a lot of characters and connections you have to stay on top of, but she likes this one.
Irish#1 is offline   Reply With Quote