Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football > Other College Football
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 09-11-2019, 12:23 AM   #484
NDCrusader
Legend

Cash: 2,000,000,101,022,747,648.00
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 2,000,000,101,022,747,648.00
Donate
NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLax View Post
I really cannot make heads or tails of the logic you're trying to present. You are correct that he has played two games so my bad on the over-exaggerating that.

Still, this muddles how a Stanley or McGlinchey level OT would obviously be tabbed a starter on this team without a second thought. There is no question that an OT with Top 10 pick talent would beat out any of the currently rostered players... that is flat out axiomatic. So the competition angle makes no sense whatsoever.

But all of this is sort of besides the point, which is that being a "tout" about how a kid who has proven nothing is a certain top 10 pick is pretty crazy. How about this? I'll bet you any amount of money you want that he is not a top 10 pick in the 2022 NFL draft and I'll give you 5-to-1 odds. Let me know what level you're comfortable betting at. I'll take any action from $1 to 5 beers at the next ND game to whatever you are willing to put in escrow for two years.
I don't know why you are introducing Stanley or McG to this or that they would start on this team??? Would either start as a true freshman? What I said about ND and Walter Rouse is that he wouldn't start for this team this year, nor would any other OT from the 2019 class for that matter. Are you saying that any kid who ends up a Top 10 pick at OT would've come into ND as a summer enrollee and beat out Eich & Hainsey this year? I don't think we are on the same wavelength here.

And if I'm a "tout", you're a chince. 5:1 odds on a Top 10 scenario call in 3 years??? Gee thanks Beav!

How about 25:1 he goes first 3 rounds when he comes out barring injury of course. That's still not good enough odds for a lowly 3*/#37 OT but maybe I'm seeing something that isn't there.

But either way, I'm not opening an escrow account.
NDCrusader is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 09-11-2019, 10:09 AM   #485
IrishLax
Playing with fire...

Cash: 209,658.90
Bank: 608,621,601,556,192,821,248.00
Total Bankroll: 608,621,601,556,193,083,392.00
Donate
IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!
Washington Nationals Washington Redskins Washington Capitals Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDCrusader View Post
I don't know why you are introducing Stanley or McG to this or that they would start on this team???
Because they are, obviously, recent examples of what Top 10 draft pick tackle play looks like.

Quote:
And if I'm a "tout", you're a chince. 5:1 odds on a Top 10 scenario call in 3 years??? Gee thanks Beav!

How about 25:1 he goes first 3 rounds when he comes out barring injury of course. That's still not good enough odds for a lowly 3*/#37 OT but maybe I'm seeing something that isn't there.

But either way, I'm not opening an escrow account.
So let's get this straight... you stated as fact that he would be a Top 10 pick in the '22 draft. Not that he might be, or had a chance to be. That *barring injury* he would be a Top 10.

Then given 5-to-1 odds on that, you pivot to him being picked in the first three rounds and needing 25-to-1 on that. So which is it? Is he going to be a Top 10 pick, or does he have a less than 5% chance of being a Day 2 pick?

Either way, that's enough on this topic. It's not really important. I just didn't understand where you were coming from initially, and wanted to clarify. I think we're getting further away not closer.
IrishLax is offline   Reply With Quote