Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Professional Teams
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 09-09-2019, 02:36 PM   #2367
BGIF
Varsity Club

Cash: 204.74
Bank: 3,190,670,589,506,304,512.00
Total Bankroll: 3,190,670,589,506,304,512.00
Donate
BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!

Per NY Post

Quote:
Ben Heller was in the Yankees’ clubhouse Sunday, although he isn’t expected to be activated until the Yankees are in Detroit on Tuesday.

The right-hander underwent Tommy John surgery early last season and pitched well for SWB in his rehab stint. In nine games, he allowed just one run over 11 innings, walking three and striking out 13.

“It wasn’t a smooth recovery,’’ Heller said. “I’m proud of the work I put in to get back.”

Because he’s on the 60-day IL, the Yankees will need to make a move on their 40-man roster to make room for Heller, who was acquired in the deal that sent Andrew Miller to Cleveland in 2016.
BGIF is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 09-09-2019, 02:48 PM   #2368
BGIF
Varsity Club

Donate
BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!

Yankees Outfield

Turns out Tauchman has been getting treatment for the strained calf before yesterday's game. There is the possibility that he could go on IL and be lost for the season.

Stanton still isn't a viable option at this point.

Hicks has not recovered and is not an option.

Looks like Judge, Gardner, Maybin, Frazier, and Wade are the possibilities.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:35 PM   #2369
BGIF
Varsity Club

Donate

Red Sox Out

Yanks beat the Sox 5-0 as Paxton won his 8th straight shutting out Boston through 6.2 innings on 4 hits. Britton, Gearrin, and Lyons completed the shutout.

Romaine's HR was all the offense needed. Urshela added an HR and a double.

The Stros kept pace winning 15-0 the night after winning 21-1.
Old 09-10-2019, 08:05 AM   #2370
Irish#1
Living Your Dream!

Cash: 4,000,512,082,664,349.00
Bank: 23,336,087,632,230,872.00
Total Bankroll: 27,336,599,714,895,220.00
Donate
Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!
New York Yankees Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGIF View Post
Turns out Tauchman has been getting treatment for the strained calf before yesterday's game. There is the possibility that he could go on IL and be lost for the season.

Stanton still isn't a viable option at this point.

Hicks has not recovered and is not an option.

Looks like Judge, Gardner, Maybin, Frazier, and Wade are the possibilities.
Must have a tear if it could put him on the IL.
Irish#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 07:29 PM   #2371
BGIF
Varsity Club

Donate

CC Sabathia would’ve quit months ago if Yankees weren’t so good
By Dan MartinSeptember 10, 2019

Quote:
BOSTON — CC Sabathia threw another bullpen session Monday and his right knee held up fine, so the Yankees left-hander is still scheduled to take the mound Wednesday in Detroit.

As rough as the season has been for the 39-year-old, Sabathia said he’s happy he even has the option to pitch — and added he likely would have had season-ending surgery already if the Yankees didn’t have a chance to win the World Series.

Asked if the thought of another title has helped keep him going through four IL stints this year alone, Sabathia said: “It’s the only thing. I think if this team wasn’t in a position to win a championship, I probably would have had the surgery a long time ago.”

Sabathia has talked about having his knee replaced once his playing days are over — which he hopes isn’t for another month-plus.

“This is way better than I thought,” Sabathia said of how 2019 is ending up. “I didn’t think I was gonna get to this point, not with this knee. I think we knew coming into this season it was gonna be a battle. To still be able to have a chance to make starts is all I wanted.”

The rest of the regular season will be a balancing act for Sabathia, who wants to stay sharp for the playoffs as well as give his knee rest. But he knows he could suffer another setback at any point.

“There’s nothing really to manage,” Sabathia said. “If you wheel me around in a wheelchair … there’s nothing I can do. It flares up when it flares up. I feel good right now and knock on wood it continues to feel good.”

Sabathia was also agreeable to the idea Aaron Boone floated about possibly coming out of the bullpen in the postseason.

“It doesn’t matter,” Sabathia said. “Whatever my role is in the postseason, I’m good for it.”

And he doesn’t believe warming up in the pen will be an issue.

“My [pregame] warm-up is pretty much like a reliever anyway,” he said.

Sabathia called Sunday’s pregame ceremony held by the Red Sox “awesome.”

He was presented a “52” panel from the Green Monster by David Price.

“Price is like a little brother to me,” Sabathia said. “To give me a little piece of Fenway is pretty cool.”

Sabathia will be followed by Domingo German on Wednesday as the Yankees look to limit German’s innings in September — and get him used to a bullpen spot.

German was told of the plan on Sunday and noted he did the same thing in a game in April, when he tossed two scoreless innings after Sabathia threw five shutout innings.

The right-hander’s routine is not expected to change and if he’s used as a reliever in the playoffs, German said he was “fine” with it.

“We’re trying to win a championship,” German said through an interpreter. “The game will be the same.”

Gio Urshela was back in the lineup at third base on Monday after being activated from the 10-day IL on Sunday. He homered and doubled in the 5-0 victory.

Jordan Montgomery (Tommy John surgery) is slated to start for Double-A Trenton on Tuesday, followed by Luis Severino (strained lat) on Wednesday.

The Yankees finished 14-5 against the Red Sox this season, the most wins by a team versus Boston since Detroit went 15-3 in 1973. “Since the first series, they just dominated us,’’ Boston manager Alex Cora said.

Boone said he was surprised by Dave Dombrowski’s ouster as Boston’s president of baseball operations late Sunday less than a year after the Red Sox won the World Series.

“It’s shocking,” Boone said. “A guy like Dave who’s had such a great career in this game and the recent success he had here. I think it caught me and a lot of us off guard.”
Old 09-13-2019, 02:47 AM   #2372
BGIF
Varsity Club

Donate

Yanks Win Two But Costly

Happ pitched well in the first game but didn't make it through 5. Pulled with a pitch count of 99. Green got the win in relief. Encarnacion, strained oblique, Happ, bicep tendinitis, both left for NY for medical examination.

CC opened the night cap and passed Smoltz on the All-Time Strikeout list. German got his 18th win in relief. Urshela hit HR #20.

Sanchez left with a strained groin muscle.

Dodgers won. Stros and Rays didn't.

NY up 2 in the Loss Column over LAD and Stors
Old 09-13-2019, 02:59 AM   #2373
BGIF
Varsity Club

Donate

Cumulative Injured List By Team
Cash totals for players who have been or are currently on the injured list.

Yankees lead MLB with 33 players on the IL to date. Philllies are next with 27.

Yankees lead MLB with 2494 Days Lost. Phillies are next with 1725, 765 Days Less.

Yankees lead MLB with $79,214,919 Spent On DL Players. Mets are next with $47,460,499.

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/disabled...mulative-team/