Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football > Other College Football
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

View Poll Results: As of August 4th, how should CFB be handled this fall?
Shut it down now, don't waste time and money on figuring out a way. 10 15.63%
Protect the athletes in a bubble. Keep them safe and out of the general student body. 11 17.19%
Allow each school to proceed, but shut it down the moment an outbreak occurs 2 3.13%
Delay for a month, too many risks right now but could still play later if conditions are safe 8 12.50%
Full steam ahead, but allow players to opt in and opt out without losing scholarship 20 31.25%
Full steam ahead 13 20.31%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-04-2020, 07:53 PM   #15
JurDocDuLac
Walk-On

Cash: 20,000,000,000,052,228.00
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 20,000,000,000,052,228.00
Donate
JurDocDuLac should be giving advice to Kelly!JurDocDuLac should be giving advice to Kelly!JurDocDuLac should be giving advice to Kelly!JurDocDuLac should be giving advice to Kelly!JurDocDuLac should be giving advice to Kelly!JurDocDuLac should be giving advice to Kelly!JurDocDuLac should be giving advice to Kelly!JurDocDuLac should be giving advice to Kelly!JurDocDuLac should be giving advice to Kelly!JurDocDuLac should be giving advice to Kelly!JurDocDuLac should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckylucci View Post
There would obviously be details that need to be worked out but I believe the driving force should be the players. If they are comfortable, I don't think we should be taking the decision away from them. Something like an opt in or out, keep scholarships, and if a program has a certain number of opt outs then the season is cancelled.
Absolutely.

But wouldn´t the NCAA have to put their pants on to come up with player-centric policies?

They cannot even come up with a uniform testing protocol (seem to turn a blind-eye to finding problems). And I don´t think the conferences are doing much about these issues either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndaccountant View Post
…While death of young people is rare, I am not personally convinced that it is as risk free (or risk reduced) as others seem to convey. It's just seems like they are gambling with the health of young people just to get a payday. ]
Especially when they will not put insurance, opt-out and scholarship-extension policies in place that protect the players best interest.
JurDocDuLac is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 08-05-2020, 01:43 AM   #16
DogDaysIrish
Freshman

Cash: 522.46
Bank: 893,594,061.97
Total Bankroll: 893,594,584.43
Donate
DogDaysIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!DogDaysIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!DogDaysIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!DogDaysIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!DogDaysIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!DogDaysIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!DogDaysIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!DogDaysIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!DogDaysIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!DogDaysIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!DogDaysIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!
Cleveland Indians Cleveland Cavaliers Cleveland Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by notredomer23 View Post
I meant at risk groups as in those with underlying conditions. They will be interacting with students. The 3 most prevalent underlying conditions for death from COVID are high blood pressure, diabetes, and heart disease. Do we really think more than a small percentage of students have any of that?

The case fatality rate based off data from Texas for those 20-29 is 0.07%. Let me reiterate that. 99.93% of people 20-29 beat COVID. And if I had to guess, that 0.07% were at risk (and that doesn't take into account the massive amount of asymptomatic in this age group that go untested).
They're all at risk ya dumb ass. You kids make me giggle. You all think you're incapable of being affected by anything. My own son included. Bunch of dumb asses. Take this seriously. You have no idea what the long term affects will be....myself either, but why play with it? Take the precautions. Quit following that orange jackass sending crap through the media.
DogDaysIrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 02:08 AM   #17
Ndaccountant
Old Hoss

Cash: 461.40
Bank: 2,851,919,565,498,788,864.00
Total Bankroll: 2,851,919,565,498,789,376.00
Donate
Ndaccountant should be giving advice to Kelly!Ndaccountant should be giving advice to Kelly!Ndaccountant should be giving advice to Kelly!Ndaccountant should be giving advice to Kelly!Ndaccountant should be giving advice to Kelly!Ndaccountant should be giving advice to Kelly!Ndaccountant should be giving advice to Kelly!Ndaccountant should be giving advice to Kelly!Ndaccountant should be giving advice to Kelly!Ndaccountant should be giving advice to Kelly!Ndaccountant should be giving advice to Kelly!
Cleveland Indians Cleveland Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogDaysIrish View Post
They're all at risk ya dumb ass. You kids make me giggle. You all think you're incapable of being affected by anything. My own son included. Bunch of dumb asses. Take this seriously. You have no idea what the long term affects will be....myself either, but why play with it? Take the precautions. Quit following that orange jackass sending crap through the media.
I read this post as if you were Red.

Ndaccountant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 09:22 AM   #18
fightingirish26
Koon Lite

Cash: 50,000,068,097.87
Bank: 76,460,710,192,381.81
Total Bankroll: 76,510,710,260,479.69
Donate
fightingirish26 should be giving advice to Kelly!fightingirish26 should be giving advice to Kelly!fightingirish26 should be giving advice to Kelly!fightingirish26 should be giving advice to Kelly!fightingirish26 should be giving advice to Kelly!fightingirish26 should be giving advice to Kelly!fightingirish26 should be giving advice to Kelly!fightingirish26 should be giving advice to Kelly!fightingirish26 should be giving advice to Kelly!fightingirish26 should be giving advice to Kelly!fightingirish26 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Philadelphia Flyers Notre Dame Manchester City USA

UConn cancelled their football season
fightingirish26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 09:59 AM   #19
Some Irish Bloke
Five foot nothin'

Cash: 607,291,202,066,125.88
Bank: 111,095,729,042,747.62
Total Bankroll: 718,386,931,108,873.50
Donate
Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!
Detroit Tigers Detroit Pistons Green Bay Packers Detroit Red Wings Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightingirish26 View Post
UConn cancelled their football season
Waiting for them to cancel their program.......
Old 08-05-2020, 10:14 AM   #20
Pops Freshenmeyer
Senior

Cash: 5,020,192.94
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 5,020,192.94
Donate
Pops Freshenmeyer should be giving advice to Kelly!Pops Freshenmeyer should be giving advice to Kelly!Pops Freshenmeyer should be giving advice to Kelly!Pops Freshenmeyer should be giving advice to Kelly!Pops Freshenmeyer should be giving advice to Kelly!Pops Freshenmeyer should be giving advice to Kelly!Pops Freshenmeyer should be giving advice to Kelly!Pops Freshenmeyer should be giving advice to Kelly!Pops Freshenmeyer should be giving advice to Kelly!Pops Freshenmeyer should be giving advice to Kelly!Pops Freshenmeyer should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post
Waiting for them to cancel their program.......
They probably should consider that option. No sarcasm.
Pops Freshenmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 10:24 AM   #21
zelezo vlk
Legend

Cash: 113,765,087,856.96
Bank: 13,649,418,299,894,364.00
Total Bankroll: 13,649,532,064,982,220.00
Donate
zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!
St Louis Cardinals Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears

But think of all the football tradition of Bob Diaco trying to force a rivalry!
zelezo vlk is online now   Reply With Quote