Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football Recruiting
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 10-24-2016, 11:33 AM   #1
CIrishWin
Walk-On

Cash: 20,248.78
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 20,248.78
Donate
CIrishWin is a fountain of informationCIrishWin is a fountain of informationCIrishWin is a fountain of informationCIrishWin is a fountain of informationCIrishWin is a fountain of informationCIrishWin is a fountain of informationCIrishWin is a fountain of informationCIrishWin is a fountain of informationCIrishWin is a fountain of informationCIrishWin is a fountain of informationCIrishWin is a fountain of information

Recruiting Focus

People keep saying ND is focusing recruiting on wrong side of the ball. I know we are a national brand but could the problem be not focusing a few areas where there is a great deal of talent.

For Example Focus on 4 and 5 stars in MI, OH, IN, IL, CA, TX, LA, PA, NJ, FL, GA only.

Could this stop the debate on why we taking some 3 stars that do not pan out and I already know this would mean no A. Jones or C.J. Prosise and some more productive player but I am looking at this complaint of the "next man up" not being ready. I think it would create more competition in practice and not such a call off from year to year
CIrishWin is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 10-24-2016, 12:24 PM   #2
T Town Tommy
Alabama Bag Man

Cash: 29,496.63
Bank: 686,278,598,871.53
Total Bankroll: 686,278,628,368.16
Donate
T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!T Town Tommy should be giving advice to Kelly!
Cincinnati Reds New Orleans Saints Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIrishWin View Post
People keep saying ND is focusing recruiting on wrong side of the ball. I know we are a national brand but could the problem be not focusing a few areas where there is a great deal of talent.

For Example Focus on 4 and 5 stars in MI, OH, IN, IL, CA, TX, LA, PA, NJ, FL, GA only.

Could this stop the debate on why we taking some 3 stars that do not pan out and I already know this would mean no A. Jones or C.J. Prosise and some more productive player but I am looking at this complaint of the "next man up" not being ready. I think it would create more competition in practice and not such a call off from year to year
Forget the stars. Focus on talent evaluation and how that player fits in your system. If they meet the criteria and matrix you have set for the position and if you feel they are a good fit for the team then offer them. If they are from a state you mention then great. If they are from somewhere else it should not matter. Once they arrive then you start coaching then up.
T Town Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 12:28 PM   #3
irishff1014
Legend

Cash: 6,401,573,948.86
Total Bankroll: 6,401,573,948.86
Donate
irishff1014 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishff1014 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishff1014 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishff1014 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishff1014 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishff1014 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishff1014 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishff1014 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishff1014 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishff1014 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishff1014 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Atlanta Braves Washington Redskins Notre Dame

Stars are flashy for people to look at. I know i am not great looking at film but even i can see good talent in some of the videos. But also look at the offer list. If you see a high 3* with offers from schools like Bama,FSU,OSU,USC,UCLA,ND and other schools that tells you a little something.
Old 10-24-2016, 01:00 PM   #4
Luckylucci
Community Moderator

Cash: 201,611,092.82
Total Bankroll: 201,611,092.82
Donate
Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!

The defensive woes are less about overall talent, than they are eligibility gaps at certain position groups and player development. We've seen very little in the way of player development over the last couple of years. HS talent, in very few scenarios, is college ready talent. They need to be coached up. That clearly wasn't being done. It was under our previous DC, and I have no doubt in my mind, that the next DC will be able to do so.

The talent is there it just needs to get better while here.
Luckylucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 01:24 PM   #5
ND NYC
Starter

Cash: 1,524.26
Total Bankroll: 1,524.26
Donate
ND NYC should be giving advice to Kelly!ND NYC should be giving advice to Kelly!ND NYC should be giving advice to Kelly!ND NYC should be giving advice to Kelly!ND NYC should be giving advice to Kelly!ND NYC should be giving advice to Kelly!ND NYC should be giving advice to Kelly!ND NYC should be giving advice to Kelly!ND NYC should be giving advice to Kelly!ND NYC should be giving advice to Kelly!ND NYC should be giving advice to Kelly!

always wondered what the short list would be of guys who had both ND and Bama offers in the Kelly era.
ND NYC is offline   Reply With Quote