Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football Recruiting
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

View Poll Results: What Two DTs would you prefer?
Michael Sawyers and Pete Mokwuah 30 41.10%
Michael Sawyers and Daniel Cage 8 10.96%
Daniel Cage and Pete Mokwuah 35 47.95%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-24-2014, 09:50 AM   #15
Wingman Ray
AD in waiting

Cash: 1,289,879,292.52
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 1,289,879,292.52
Donate
Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!Wingman Ray should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntr View Post
Sawyers is visiting on the 31st. It's in his thread.
My mistake. I confused him with Griffin.
Wingman Ray is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 01-24-2014, 09:55 AM   #16
#1rish
Count On Me

Cash: 522,220,828.74
Bank: 6,353,913,035,133,562.00
Total Bankroll: 6,353,913,557,354,391.00
Donate
#1rish should be giving advice to Kelly!#1rish should be giving advice to Kelly!#1rish should be giving advice to Kelly!#1rish should be giving advice to Kelly!#1rish should be giving advice to Kelly!#1rish should be giving advice to Kelly!#1rish should be giving advice to Kelly!#1rish should be giving advice to Kelly!#1rish should be giving advice to Kelly!#1rish should be giving advice to Kelly!#1rish should be giving advice to Kelly!
New York Yankees New Orleans Saints New Jersey Devils Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman Ray View Post
My mistake. I confused him with Griffin.
Griffin cancelled his visit because admissions wouldn't let him in due to his lack of language requirement.
#1rish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:56 AM   #17
Luckylucci
Community Moderator

Cash: 201,611,594.04
Total Bankroll: 201,611,594.04
Donate
Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!

So from looking at the results so far everybody clearly wants Mokwuah as the #1 DT and the decision is coming down to Sawyers vs. Cage. Great idea on the thread BTW.
Luckylucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:28 PM   #18
dwshade
Banned

Cash: 33,736.24
Total Bankroll: 33,736.24
Donate
dwshade should be giving advice to Kelly!dwshade should be giving advice to Kelly!dwshade should be giving advice to Kelly!dwshade should be giving advice to Kelly!dwshade should be giving advice to Kelly!dwshade should be giving advice to Kelly!dwshade should be giving advice to Kelly!dwshade should be giving advice to Kelly!dwshade should be giving advice to Kelly!dwshade should be giving advice to Kelly!dwshade should be giving advice to Kelly!

Mokwuah and Cage. Mokwuah is the big inside guy and I think Cage has more versatlilty and upside than Sawyers.
dwshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:53 PM   #19
woolybug25
#1 Vineyard Vines Fan

Cash: 1,031,666,759,381.94
Bank: 1,384,350,594,694,308,608.00
Total Bankroll: 1,384,351,626,361,068,032.00
Donate
woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!woolybug25 should be giving advice to Kelly!
St Louis Cardinals Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears Detroit Red Wings Notre Dame

Hear me out here... what if we only took one or even none? Would it really be that bad?

Say we had NSD magic and we could land Quick, JuJu, McKenzie and Alexander. Would you trade one of those simply for a body at DT?

If we are going to more of 4-3 look, don't we have plenty of depth with guys like Day, Jones, Springman, Hays, Trumbetti, Rochelle, Dickerson, etc that could all transition into a 4-3 DT if need be? We also have guys like Ishaq that can always pick up some of the slack at DE if we need to move one inside?

Just wondering your thoughts, as none of the guys we are talking about seem to be elite recruits. Where does filling depth with "bodies" trump landing stud prospects like those listed above?

How would people feel if we, say... landed McKenzie, Quick, JuJu and Sawyers for instance? Would you sacrifice one of the other guys to fit a guy like Cage into the class? Seems like bizzaro-world where we pass on a guy like JuJu in order to take a 3 star DT we offered a week ago in desperation.
woolybug25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:59 PM   #20
Whiskeyjack
Mittere Margaritas Ante Porcos

Cash: 5,000,184,901.10
Bank: 749,332,975,853,120,768.00
Total Bankroll: 749,332,980,853,305,728.00
Donate
Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!
Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolybug25 View Post
How would people feel if we, say... landed McKenzie, Quick, JuJu and Sawyers for instance? Would you sacrifice one of the other guys to fit a guy like Cage into the class?
Would we take both McKenzie and Quick? Especially if Quick verbals first, since McKenzie has all sorts of red flags. Not to mention that in his four years at ND Kelly hasn't successfully utilized an explosive slot WR yet.

I'd probably take IM/ MQ + Mokwua, with his high upside at DT, over both IM + MQ and no Mokwua.

Quote:
Seems like bizzaro-world where we pass on a guy like JuJu in order to take a 3 star DT we offered a week ago in desperation.
Wouldn't happen to Juju. Might happen to McKenzie, though.

Last edited by Whiskeyjack; 01-24-2014 at 01:04 PM..
Whiskeyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:07 PM   #21
ShakeDown
MexiCAN

Cash: 17,737.80
Bank: 40,233,463,621,980,839,936.00
Total Bankroll: 40,233,463,621,980,856,320.00
Donate
ShakeDown should be giving advice to Kelly!ShakeDown should be giving advice to Kelly!ShakeDown should be giving advice to Kelly!ShakeDown should be giving advice to Kelly!ShakeDown should be giving advice to Kelly!ShakeDown should be giving advice to Kelly!ShakeDown should be giving advice to Kelly!ShakeDown should be giving advice to Kelly!ShakeDown should be giving advice to Kelly!ShakeDown should be giving advice to Kelly!ShakeDown should be giving advice to Kelly!
Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolybug25 View Post
How would people feel if we, say... landed McKenzie, Quick, JuJu and Sawyers for instance? Would you sacrifice one of the other guys to fit a guy like Cage into the class? Seems like bizzaro-world where we pass on a guy like JuJu in order to take a 3 star DT we offered a week ago in desperation.
JuJu wants in, he's in. Doesn't matter if it's after we've recieved LOIs from IM, Sawyers, Cage, Quick et al.