Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football Recruiting
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 06-27-2020, 11:52 AM   #169
EddytoNow
Vbuck Redistributor

Cash: 1,010,023,837.31
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 1,010,023,837.31
Donate
EddytoNow should be giving advice to Kelly!EddytoNow should be giving advice to Kelly!EddytoNow should be giving advice to Kelly!EddytoNow should be giving advice to Kelly!EddytoNow should be giving advice to Kelly!EddytoNow should be giving advice to Kelly!EddytoNow should be giving advice to Kelly!EddytoNow should be giving advice to Kelly!EddytoNow should be giving advice to Kelly!EddytoNow should be giving advice to Kelly!EddytoNow should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishandy View Post
I questioned Tommy at first, but he had a good game plan against Iowa State. He is a younger coach and he's been a student athlete at ND. I want to see what Tommy does his first year and see if he keeps the up tempo offense that Chip Long had.

Exactly. Offensive skill recruits also want to see Tommy's offense before signing up to ND for the next four to five years. They want to see for themselves if they will fit into the offensive scheme. You can only tell them so much. At some point they've got to be able to see what is taking place on the field.
EddytoNow is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 06-27-2020, 02:24 PM   #170
irishandy
Junior

Cash: 2,000,092,379.96
Total Bankroll: 2,000,092,379.96
Donate
irishandy should be giving advice to Kelly!irishandy should be giving advice to Kelly!irishandy should be giving advice to Kelly!irishandy should be giving advice to Kelly!irishandy should be giving advice to Kelly!irishandy should be giving advice to Kelly!irishandy should be giving advice to Kelly!irishandy should be giving advice to Kelly!irishandy should be giving advice to Kelly!irishandy should be giving advice to Kelly!irishandy should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddytoNow View Post
Exactly. Offensive skill recruits also want to see Tommy's offense before signing up to ND for the next four to five years. They want to see for themselves if they will fit into the offensive scheme. You can only tell them so much. At some point they've got to be able to see what is taking place on the field.
Chip Long could also put up points. One thing though that always annoyed me is when ND's offense gets off to a fast start they've let up sometimes. I am not a fan of blowing out an academy school, but anyone else yes. If Michigan or USC has the chance to keep kicking us when were down do you think they will let up?
irishandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 08:14 PM   #171
NDdomer2
I'll Allow it

Cash: 21,167.66
Bank: 1,082,493,458,422,666,100,736.00
Total Bankroll: 1,082,493,458,422,666,100,736.00
Donate
NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Los Angeles Lakers Detroit Red Wings Notre Dame

I think it would also be foolish to discount large classes as having an impact, there is something to strength in numbers and creating depth and some (maybe necessary) roster turnover.

ND not, or rarely, ever taking large classes makes it even more important to have a high hit rate and/or focus on the elite if they truly want to improve recruiting.
Old 06-27-2020, 08:40 PM   #172
Luckylucci
Community Moderator

Cash: 201,649,171.03
Total Bankroll: 201,649,171.03
Donate
Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDdomer2 View Post
I think it would also be foolish to discount large classes as having an impact, there is something to strength in numbers and creating depth and some (maybe necessary) roster turnover.

ND not, or rarely, ever taking large classes makes it even more important to have a high hit rate and/or focus on the elite if they truly want to improve recruiting.
Well, it’s not foolish because it’s not realistic. Its understandable folks feel that way but then graduation rates go down. That’s not something that is going to happen, to the same degree as others, so I don’t see the point in belaboring. And I don’t mean that in a rude way but it’s part of their mission statement.
Luckylucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 11:55 PM   #173
NDdomer2
I'll Allow it

Cash: 21,167.66
Bank: 1,082,493,458,422,666,100,736.00
Total Bankroll: 1,082,493,458,422,666,100,736.00
Donate
NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Los Angeles Lakers Detroit Red Wings Notre Dame

I'm not talking ND I'm saying those classes ranked higher because of numbers. It's rightfully so. But it doesn't make my statement any less true, if they want top 5 classes the hit rate and talent need to be elite.
Old 06-28-2020, 01:24 AM   #174
Ndaccountant
Old Hoss

Cash: 1,100,000,000,000,011,904.00
Bank: 1,317,439,176,815,518,208.00
Total Bankroll: 2,417,439,176,815,529,984.00
Donate
Ndaccountant should be giving advice to Kelly!Ndaccountant should be giving advice to Kelly!Ndaccountant should be giving advice to Kelly!Ndaccountant should be giving advice to Kelly!Ndaccountant should be giving advice to Kelly!Ndaccountant should be giving advice to Kelly!Ndaccountant should be giving advice to Kelly!Ndaccountant should be giving advice to Kelly!Ndaccountant should be giving advice to Kelly!Ndaccountant should be giving advice to Kelly!Ndaccountant should be giving advice to Kelly!
Cleveland Indians Cleveland Browns

Numbers play a role, but the numbers were always going to be the numbers. The execution in this class is why I, for one, am disappointed. They bungled quite a few things and it didnt have to be the way that its shaping up to be.
Ndaccountant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:44 AM   #175
NDMIA
Senior

Cash: 100,000,031,480.00
Total Bankroll: 100,000,031,480.00
Donate
NDMIA should be giving advice to Kelly!NDMIA should be giving advice to Kelly!NDMIA should be giving advice to Kelly!NDMIA should be giving advice to Kelly!NDMIA should be giving advice to Kelly!NDMIA should be giving advice to Kelly!NDMIA should be giving advice to Kelly!NDMIA should be giving advice to Kelly!NDMIA should be giving advice to Kelly!NDMIA should be giving advice to Kelly!NDMIA should be giving advice to Kelly!

https://247sports.com/college/notre-...ing-148717537/

Had a bunch of driving to do the last two days so I listened to the II and ISD podcasts. I also checked out this clip above this morning. Really interesting thoughts from all of the different analysts. The long story short is ND definitely misses Chip Long on the trail. HOWEVER, it’s much more complicated than just Chip Long is a great recruiter. II pointed out that the Irish have only had Pat Coogan commit since Chip Long left but ISD also mentioned that they believe ND has been hit by the Coronavirus harder than almost any other school. ND was maybe less than 10 days away from having 15-20 plus 4-5* recruits on campus in late March before the Coronavirus and Mike Frank believes Will Shipley would be Irish if he visited in March. Also, the offensive line recruiting was looking really good where Rucci, Tengwall, Spindler, Dellinger, and Milum would’ve all been on campus. There’s no way ND doesn’t impress at least one or two of those guys. Deion Colzie would also likely have made it to campus which might allow for him to remain committed. It’s just a really unprecedented time for ND recruiting.

As Luckylucci has said, there’s also something systemically wrong with the recruiting operation that is showing its weakness right now during coronavirus. I don’t think it is actively bad recruiters or lazy recruiters on staff but rather there’s some issues that we don’t know about that is really hurting the operation. They’ve been incredibly slow to shift to coronavirus recruiting and ISD mentioned they’ve cast an incredibly small net at some positions which is confusing. ISD also mentioned that ND did itself no favors by taking such a long time to hire Mike Mickens which didn’t allow for him to get on the trail before it was too late. He’s still done a remarkable job but they basically mentioned they’ve had him hired with both hands tied behind his back.

Lastly, Kevin Sinclair mentioned that he doesn’t hear Tommy Rees’ name being mentioned nearly as often as Chip Long’s was on the trail. That’s not to say he isn’t doing his job and he’s done well recruiting QB’s but I don’t see the Chip Long-level of dog that he was on the trail. Hopefully that’s proven wrong over time but I think that Chip Long being so crazy about recruiting really helped push other staff members to be better recruiters as well because he set such a strong example. ND needs a vaccine to come soon so kids can take visits and then we can get an idea of what this staff is capable of. I think 2022 will be a class that’ll be much more interesting to follow.
NDMIA is offline   Reply With Quote