Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2018 Recruiting Profiles
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 01-13-2020, 01:38 PM   #1569
stlnd01
Team MVP

Cash: 50,084,650.26
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 50,084,650.26
Donate
stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!

It’s also just kind of a scuzzy thing to do generally, blocking a kid’s transfer.
Maybe if a serious player is jumping to your rival (tho Navy let Gilman come to ND). It might be worth the trouble and PR hit. But in this case it’d just look petty to keep a backup QB from going to BC because we play them in a couple years.
stlnd01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 01-13-2020, 01:49 PM   #1570
spoonidentity
Walk-On

Cash: 165,698.12
Bank: 582,195,821,537.32
Total Bankroll: 582,195,987,235.44
Donate
spoonidentity should be giving advice to Kelly!spoonidentity should be giving advice to Kelly!spoonidentity should be giving advice to Kelly!spoonidentity should be giving advice to Kelly!spoonidentity should be giving advice to Kelly!spoonidentity should be giving advice to Kelly!spoonidentity should be giving advice to Kelly!spoonidentity should be giving advice to Kelly!spoonidentity should be giving advice to Kelly!spoonidentity should be giving advice to Kelly!spoonidentity should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlnd01 View Post
It’s also just kind of a scuzzy thing to do generally, blocking a kid’s transfer.
Maybe if a serious player is jumping to your rival (tho Navy let Gilman come to ND). It might be worth the trouble and PR hit. But in this case it’d just look petty to keep a backup QB from going to BC because we play them in a couple years.

This is the interesting part. Navy and Ken N. would not endorse Alohi's waiver request for immediate eligibility. That's part of the reason why the NCAA denied it and he had to sit a year.

It will be interesting to see if ND supports PJ. If they endorse his waiver request then he may be immediately eligible at BC. I believe the other high profile transfers (Fields to OSU and Martell to UM) had the prior institution support whereas the ones who did not were not granted eligibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post
SIAP, or if I'm just ignorant on the topic/don't fully understand the transfer process, but why wouldn't BK block, or attempt to block, PJ going to BC? Knowing it is highly likely he will be playing against us in 2022, as it is his fifth year of eligibility, why would he let it happen?

IIRC, didn't he block Golsen from a potential Texas transfer since we played them the following year?

I have three theories.
1. 2022 is so far down the road he just doesn't care, doesn't want the headache.
2. He respects and cares about PJ enough that he just wants the kid to be happy and if that's BC, go ahead.
3. BK things so little of PJ and his abilities he could care less about potentially facing him in a few years. PJ won't be worthy to tie Buchner's shoelaces.

Am I over thinking this whole thing? Just seems odd we would allow a kid to transfer to a future opponent when he will still have eligibility.

My thought: If we see PJ get immediate eligibility then it's #2 for sure - at the very least ND and Coach BK would have to support the transfer. The converse is not true - nothing else can be for ascertained definitely because the NCAA or other parties may intervene.
spoonidentity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 02:31 PM   #1571
NDdomer2
I'll Allow it

Cash: 24,465.65
Bank: 1,195,160,247,034,042,908,672.00
Total Bankroll: 1,195,160,247,034,042,908,672.00
Donate
NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Los Angeles Lakers Detroit Red Wings Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkIrish View Post
I think everyone agrees that BK should get credit for getting 4 star production from 3 star talents.

What many of us are frustrated with is the inability to get elite production from the elite talents. It's in a large part what holds us back from being a consistent playoff contender and championship caliber team.
im not disagreeing that our lack of elite QB play has been the big difference for a few seasons for BK/ND. The other years I dont know if it would made much difference, although it always hides some flaws.

I just wonder did the services/BK miss on their evaluations of some of those guys more than not developing them. I think we can all agree Wimbush wasn't actually the #5 prospect.

QB is the hardest position to evaluate. Look how many NFL teams miss and they have fully grown men with years of college film.

Last edited by NDdomer2; 01-13-2020 at 02:58 PM..
NDdomer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 07:46 PM   #1572
ThePiombino
The OG "TP"

Cash: 118,532.47
Bank: 17,169,753,284,757,710,848.00
Total Bankroll: 17,169,753,284,757,827,584.00
Donate
ThePiombino should be giving advice to Kelly!ThePiombino should be giving advice to Kelly!ThePiombino should be giving advice to Kelly!ThePiombino should be giving advice to Kelly!ThePiombino should be giving advice to Kelly!ThePiombino should be giving advice to Kelly!ThePiombino should be giving advice to Kelly!ThePiombino should be giving advice to Kelly!ThePiombino should be giving advice to Kelly!ThePiombino should be giving advice to Kelly!ThePiombino should be giving advice to Kelly!
San Francisco Giants San Francisco 49ers New York Rangers Notre Dame Italy

My biggest concern with him going to an opponent is not so much having to play against him as it is him giving up the secret sauce. Then again, all indications are he had no idea what the recipe was...

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
ThePiombino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 08:37 PM   #1573
Luckylucci
Community Moderator

Cash: 201,650,213.97
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 201,650,213.97
Donate
Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePiombino View Post
My biggest concern with him going to an opponent is not so much having to play against him as it is him giving up the secret sauce. Then again, all indications are he had no idea what the recipe was...

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
I’ve often thought about this and the possible impact. I would think the opposing teams can see every play the offense has run over any period of time they’d like. And the numbers can breakdown tendencies. So, it’s not like that information is hard to come by. However, the more time a defense has the more structural change they can prepare for even if it’s one game.
Luckylucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 02:22 PM   #1574
NDohio
Starter

Cash: 79,101,464.05
Bank: 128,751,228,454,089,408.00
Total Bankroll: 128,751,228,533,190,880.00
Donate
NDohio should be giving advice to Kelly!NDohio should be giving advice to Kelly!NDohio should be giving advice to Kelly!NDohio should be giving advice to Kelly!NDohio should be giving advice to Kelly!NDohio should be giving advice to Kelly!NDohio should be giving advice to Kelly!NDohio should be giving advice to Kelly!NDohio should be giving advice to Kelly!NDohio should be giving advice to Kelly!NDohio should be giving advice to Kelly!
Cincinnati Reds Denver  Broncos Tottenham Hotspur

All this talk of recruiting and developing ELITE level QBs got me thinking about the NFL and where the best QBs played their college ball. It's quite interesting actually.
The powerhouse programs, the ones we as ND fans aspire to become, do not have a lot of QBs on this list. Clemson is the most interesting one in having Watson and then following that up with future NFL player Lawrence. That's the gold standard for back to back players. Other than that I am not sure who I would look at on this list and be envious of their QBs. Obviously Oklahoma, but that is a whole different story.

Recruiting, evaluating, and developing QBs is hard...

Allen, Brandon Arkansas
Allen, Josh Wyoming
Allen, Kyle Houston
Anderson, Drew Murray State

Barkley, Matt USC
Beathard, C.J. Iowa
Blough, David Purdue
Bortles, Blake UCF
Boyle, Tim Eastern Kentucky
Brady, Tom Michigan
Brees, Drew Purdue
Bridgewater, Teddy Louisville
Brissett, Jacoby NC State

Carr, Derek Fresno State
Cousins, Kirk Michigan State

Dalton, Andy TCU
Daniel, Chase Missouri
Darnold, Sam USC
Dobbs, Joshua Tennessee
Dolegala, Jake Central Connecticut

Fales, David San Jose State
Finley, Ryan NC State
Fitzpatrick, Ryan Harvard
Foles, Nick Arizona

Garoppolo, Jimmy Eastern Illinois
Gilbert, Garrett SMU
Glennon, Mike NC State
Goff, Jared California
Grier, Will West Virginia
Griffin, Ryan Tulane
Griffin III, Robert Baylor

Haskins Jr., Dwayne Ohio State
Henne, Chad Michigan
Hill, Taysom BYU
Hodges, Devlin Samford
Hoyer, Brian Michigan State
Hundley, Brett UCLA

Jackson, Lamar Louisville
Jones, Daniel Duke

Keenum, Case Houston
Kelly, Chad Ole Miss
Kessler, Cody USC
Kizer, DeShone Notre Dame

Lock, Drew Missouri
Lynch, Paxton Memphis

Mahomes, Patrick Texas Tech
Manning, Eli Ole Miss
Mannion, Sean Oregon State
Mariota, Marcus Oregon
Mayfield, Baker Oklahoma
McCarron, AJ Alabama
McCown, Josh Sam Houston State
McCoy, Colt Texas
McSorley, Trace Penn State
Minshew II, Gardner Washington State
Moore, Matt Oregon State
Mullens, Nick Southern Mississippi
Murray, Kyler Oklahoma

Prescott, Dak Mississippi State

Rivers, Philip NC State
Rodgers, Aaron California
Roethlisberger, Ben Miami (OH)
Rosen, Josh UCLA
Rush, Cooper Central Michigan
Ryan, Matt Boston College

Schaub, Matt Virginia
Sloter, Kyle Northern Colorado
Smith, Geno West Virginia
Stick, Easton North Dakota State
Stidham, Jarrett Auburn
Sudfeld, Nate Indiana

Tannehill, Ryan Texas A&M
Tanney, Alex Monmouth (IL)
Taylor, Tyrod Virginia Tech
Trubisky, Mitchell North Carolina

Watson, Deshaun Clemson
Wentz, Carson North Dakota State
Wilson, Russell Wisconsin
Winston, Jameis Florida State
NDohio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 02:42 PM   #1575
NDdomer2
I'll Allow it

Cash: 24,465.65
Bank: 1,195,160,247,034,042,908,672.00
Total Bankroll: 1,195,160,247,034,042,908,672.00
Donate
NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Los Angeles Lakers Detroit Red Wings Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDohio View Post
All this talk of recruiting and developing ELITE level QBs got me thinking about the NFL and where the best QBs played their college ball. It's quite interesting actually.
The powerhouse programs, the ones we as ND fans aspire to become, do not have a lot of QBs on this list. Clemson is the most interesting one in having Watson and then following that up with future NFL player Lawrence. That's the gold standard for back to back players. Other than that I am not sure who I would look at on this list and be envious of their QBs. Obviously Oklahoma, but that is a whole different story.

Recruiting, evaluating, and developing QBs is hard...
would be interesting to see their individual recruiting rankings, overall average recruiting ranking or bell curve.

I just mentioned this in previous post here - Not an easy position to evaluate and predict development.