Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Outside The Lines > The Leprechaun Lounge
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 01-08-2020, 03:42 PM   #7050
Whiskeyjack
Mittere Margaritas Ante Porcos

Cash: 5,000,199,817.75
Bank: 1,687,648,070,577,005,824.00
Total Bankroll: 1,687,648,075,577,205,760.00
Donate
Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!
Notre Dame

Beat Divinity 2 about a week ago. Amazing game, very much deserves its high ratings, but it's a heavy lift. Let me know if you intend to take the plunge so I can make things easier for you.

Inspired by Lion's recent posting, I jumped back into my NG+ run on God of War. Will probably finish that up, write a short treatise on why Lion's load-out is clearly suboptimal, and then pick back up with my 3rd playthrough of TW3 on Death March.

Then I've got to decide whether to buy The Outer Realms, Disco Elysium, or just wait until Cyberpunk drops in April.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 01-08-2020, 03:57 PM   #7051
IrishLion
I am Beyonce, Always.

Cash: 41,977.50
Bank: 4,176,602,773,813,201,920.00
Total Bankroll: 4,176,602,773,813,243,904.00
Donate
IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!
Cincinnati Reds Cincinnati Bengals Cincinnati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
write a short treatise on why Lion's load-out is clearly suboptimal
INFINITY GAUNTLET FTW.

Speaking of gear and proper load-outs, I'm still playing through Horizon Zero Dawn.

I managed to cheese my way into Gaia Prime by climbing the rock wall outside, and got my hands on a power cell way earlier than I was supposed to.

I am now the proud owner of Shield Weaver armor, with most of the story still to play.
IrishLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 11:20 AM   #7052
koonja
Team Cleveland Steamers

Cash: 60,768,873.87
Bank: 288,883,829,634,730.00
Total Bankroll: 288,883,890,403,603.88
Donate
koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!
Notre Dame

Days Gone might be my final winter purchase.

Anyone have an opinion on that one? I like the story mode where I don't have to be online.
Old 01-13-2020, 11:39 AM   #7053
ulukinatme
Holtz/Triumph in 2016!

Cash: 291,171.72
Bank: 17,598,336,596,807,325,696.00
Total Bankroll: 17,598,336,596,807,616,512.00
Donate
ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!
Notre Dame

Quote:
Beat Divinity 2 about a week ago. Amazing game, very much deserves its high ratings, but it's a heavy lift. Let me know if you intend to take the plunge so I can make things easier for you.

Inspired by Lion's recent posting, I jumped back into my NG+ run on God of War. Will probably finish that up, write a short treatise on why Lion's load-out is clearly suboptimal, and then pick back up with my 3rd playthrough of TW3 on Death March.

Then I've got to decide whether to buy The Outer Realms, Disco Elysium, or just wait until Cyberpunk drops in April.
Outer Worlds has been really good. People say it's short, but I've been taking my time with it and exploring all the different options in quests/dialog. I've got probably 40 hours in it and I'm not halfway done. If you can get it on sale, I would say it's worth it. If you liked New Vegas, I think you'll like it.
ulukinatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 12:06 PM   #7054
greyhammer90
the drunk piano player

Cash: 1,915,866,314,372,796.25
Bank: 40,755,359,825,811,652,608.00
Total Bankroll: 40,757,275,692,126,027,776.00
Donate
greyhammer90 should be giving advice to Kelly!greyhammer90 should be giving advice to Kelly!greyhammer90 should be giving advice to Kelly!greyhammer90 should be giving advice to Kelly!greyhammer90 should be giving advice to Kelly!greyhammer90 should be giving advice to Kelly!greyhammer90 should be giving advice to Kelly!greyhammer90 should be giving advice to Kelly!greyhammer90 should be giving advice to Kelly!greyhammer90 should be giving advice to Kelly!greyhammer90 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Atlanta Braves Memphis Grizzlies Tennessee Titans Nashville Predators

Quote:

Disco Elysium is quite the trip. It's less of a game and more of a visual novel.

Funnier than you in 2012.
greyhammer90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 03:49 PM   #7055
nlroma1o
Senior

Cash: 84,576.54
Bank: 21,319,796,488,412,616.00
Total Bankroll: 21,319,796,488,497,192.00
Donate
nlroma1o should be giving advice to Kelly!nlroma1o should be giving advice to Kelly!nlroma1o should be giving advice to Kelly!nlroma1o should be giving advice to Kelly!nlroma1o should be giving advice to Kelly!nlroma1o should be giving advice to Kelly!nlroma1o should be giving advice to Kelly!nlroma1o should be giving advice to Kelly!nlroma1o should be giving advice to Kelly!nlroma1o should be giving advice to Kelly!nlroma1o should be giving advice to Kelly!
New York Yankees New York Jets Detroit Red Wings Notre Dame Italy

I borrowed my brothers copy of Link's Awakening on Switch. I haven't played the gameboy version since probably 1999 when the DX version came out. The remake is stunning. I really like the art style. My only complaint is it very, very easy. I do not remember the original being this easy. But then again I was like 10 years old when I played the DX version.
nlroma1o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 12:46 PM   #7056
IrishLion
I am Beyonce, Always.

Cash: 41,977.50
Bank: 4,176,602,773,813,201,920.00
Total Bankroll: 4,176,602,773,813,243,904.00
Donate
IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!
Cincinnati Reds Cincinnati Bengals Cincinnati

Things that are good in Horizon Zero Dawn:

1. Rope-Casting a Thunderjaw or Stormbird, then sticky-bombing them to death.
2. Using Trip-Caster mega-traps to one-hit-KO Thunderjaws and Rockbreakers.
3. The guy that drinks machine blood and tells you all kinds of trippy shit.
4. The story, despite being predictable, is still kind of cool within the setting.
5. The setting itself is beautiful, from green fields to snowy mountains to the bowels of futuristic-post-apocalyptic bunkers.

Things that are bad in Horizon Zero Dawn:

1. Trying to actually play as a stealth character when combating enemy humans... it's not that it's hard, it's that the mechanics simply don't work.
2. Almost every character you interact with.
3. The pacing between exploration and story seems a bit off, even for an open-world game. It's cool that you can buy the best weapons in the game without any dependency on story-based tutorial, but it also creates the potential to way over-level yourself before you've scratched the surface of the story.
IrishLion is offline   Reply With Quote