Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 12-02-2019, 05:28 PM   #386
NorthDakota
I'm with Hillary 2020

Cash: 1,000,000,000,025,637.00
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 1,000,000,000,025,637.00
Donate
NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!
Minnesota Twins Washington Wizards Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Notre Dame Liverpool Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlnd01 View Post
Wisconsin is probably the fourth best job - and third-best program - in the Big Ten. Minnesota is, what, 8th or 9th at best? (As a job I’d put it ahead of Rutgers, Northwestern, maybe Purdue or Illinois).

Yeah Wisconsin is a better job. Whether it’s better enough to tempt Fleck is an interesting question.
Minnesota is better than Indiana and Maryland as well I would think.

Minnesota actually should be a pretty good program. Big school. Only game in the state, no big fish nearby, Minneapolis churns out some very good football players too. Could cherry pick the occasional players from the Dakotas and Winnipeg.

For whatever reason they are inept most of the time.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 12-02-2019, 05:38 PM   #387
Wild Bill
Starter

Cash: 1,052,039,891.85
Total Bankroll: 1,052,039,891.85
Donate
Wild Bill  should be giving advice to Kelly!Wild Bill  should be giving advice to Kelly!Wild Bill  should be giving advice to Kelly!Wild Bill  should be giving advice to Kelly!Wild Bill  should be giving advice to Kelly!Wild Bill  should be giving advice to Kelly!Wild Bill  should be giving advice to Kelly!Wild Bill  should be giving advice to Kelly!Wild Bill  should be giving advice to Kelly!Wild Bill  should be giving advice to Kelly!Wild Bill  should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthDakota View Post
My people in Lincoln tell me that Frost is going to be given time. They genuinely believe if he can't get them to be relevant again, no one can. Scott Frost is going nowhere.
I'm somewhat surprised Frost hasn't had more success than he has in his first two years but I think he'll be fine at Nebraska, especially if Lincoln Riley leaves for the NFL. They're not rivals on the field but Oklahoma taking a step back will help with recruiting in that region. The BIG west is less than spectacular which helps too.
Wild Bill  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 05:39 PM   #388
stlnd01
Team MVP

Cash: 50,081,073.09
Total Bankroll: 50,081,073.09
Donate
stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthDakota View Post
Minnesota is better than Indiana and Maryland as well I would think.

Minnesota actually should be a pretty good program. Big school. Only game in the state, no big fish nearby, Minneapolis churns out some very good football players too. Could cherry pick the occasional players from the Dakotas and Winnipeg.

For whatever reason they are inept most of the time.
Their new on-campus stadium certainly helps. But they’re competing for eyeballs in a pro sports town (the smallest market with all four major pro sports, btw). Recruiting turf is just OK (I haven’t quantified but I’d bet more top recruits come out of Maryland/DC, for instance). Weather’s got be a challenge for recruiting kids from elsewhere.

I dunno, one could debate a bunch of programs in the bottom half of the Big Ten, but the fact Minnesota has really never emerged from that morass is telling.

Wisconsin, OTOH, has a history of winning, owns a sizable state, closer to Chicago for recruiting purposes, etc.
stlnd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 05:49 PM   #389
NDRock
Starter

Cash: 1,001,268,817.87
Total Bankroll: 1,001,268,817.87
Donate
NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Their new on-campus stadium certainly helps. But they’re competing for eyeballs in a pro sports town (the smallest market with all four major pro sports, btw). Recruiting turf is just OK (I haven’t quantified but I’d bet more top recruits come out of Maryland/DC, for instance). Weather’s got be a challenge for recruiting kids from elsewhere.

I dunno, one could debate a bunch of programs in the bottom half of the Big Ten, but the fact Minnesota has really never emerged from that morass is telling.

Wisconsin, OTOH, has a history of winning, owns a sizable state, closer to Chicago for recruiting purposes, etc.
I think Wisconsin (Barry Alverez) has also done a great job of creating an identity. They recruit and play to a certain style and I think it has really helped them stay consistent, regardless of the coach.

Look at ND. Offensively we went from an option attack, to a west coast offense, to a pro style, to a spread. Our defense has been all over the place (4-3, 3-4) with total opposite philosophies. Corwin Brown, Tenuta, Diaco, BVG, Elko/Lea. It's a big reason why we've been so inconsistent. Well, that and hiring idiots.
Old 12-02-2019, 06:38 PM   #390
IrishSteelhead
All Flair, No Substance

Cash: 35,678.36
Bank: 12,888,600.70
Total Bankroll: 12,924,279.06
Donate
IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago White Sox Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by koonja View Post
FWIW, The Athletic listed 14 teams that can win a NC in modern CFB. Neither Minnesota or Wisconsin are on there (ND isn't either, btw).

I want to play, lemme know how many out of my 14 were wrong:

Alabama
Clemson
Ohio State
LSU
Oklahoma
Georgia
Penn State
Michigan
Florida
Florida State
USC
Texas
Auburn

Oregon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-02-2019, 07:03 PM   #391
stlnd01
Team MVP

Cash: 50,081,073.09
Total Bankroll: 50,081,073.09
Donate
stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSteelhead View Post
I want to play, lemme know how many out of my 14 were wrong:

Alabama
Clemson
Ohio State
LSU
Oklahoma
Georgia
Penn State
Michigan
Florida
Florida State
USC
Texas
Auburn

Oregon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He had Miami, not Oregon. But otherwise yeah.

ND, Washington and Oregon were the three he most considered adding but didn’t. I think he said Michigan was the last team to make the cut.
stlnd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 08:37 PM   #392
ThePiombino
The OG "TP"

Cash: 107,453.71
Bank: 1,832,080,893,955,340,288.00
Total Bankroll: 1,832,080,893,955,447,808.00
Donate
ThePiombino should be giving advice to Kelly!ThePiombino should be giving advice to Kelly!ThePiombino should be giving advice to Kelly!ThePiombino should be giving advice to Kelly!ThePiombino should be giving advice to Kelly!ThePiombino should be giving advice to Kelly!ThePiombino should be giving advice to Kelly!ThePiombino should be giving advice to Kelly!ThePiombino should be giving advice to Kelly!ThePiombino should be giving advice to Kelly!ThePiombino should be giving advice to Kelly!
San Francisco Giants San Francisco 49ers New York Rangers Notre Dame Italy

Quote:
He had Miami, not Oregon. But otherwise yeah.

ND, Washington and Oregon were the three he most considered adding but didn’t. I think he said Michigan was the last team to make the cut.
Michigan can't even win its own [s]conference[/s] division let alone get into the CFP.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
ThePiombino is offline   Reply With Quote