Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football > Notre Dame Game Day
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 09-19-2020, 07:15 PM   #414
sportallyr
Sport-all-year

Cash: 16,088.96
Bank: 2,112,062,528,223,870,464.00
Total Bankroll: 2,112,062,528,223,886,592.00
Donate
sportallyr is a leader in the communitysportallyr is a leader in the communitysportallyr is a leader in the communitysportallyr is a leader in the communitysportallyr is a leader in the communitysportallyr is a leader in the communitysportallyr is a leader in the communitysportallyr is a leader in the communitysportallyr is a leader in the communitysportallyr is a leader in the communitysportallyr is a leader in the community
Los Angeles Dodgers Los Angeles Lakers St Louis Rams Los Angeles Kings Notre Dame USA

The team played physical today from the opening kickoff and lever let up. Tremble set the tone. I can honestly say that I’ve never noticed how physical of a blocker he is until today. I’d love to see more of him in the backfield too clearing holes for the RB’s. He made some solid catches today too.

Clarence Lewis is a pass break-up machine and has the look of a shut-down corner. Going to be really fun watching him roam the backfield with a healthy Hamilton.

Jack Kiser - #24 was all over the field. I didn’t notice much last week from either Liufau or Simon, so I really hope Kiser earned himself some more PT following his performance today.

O-Line played well all game and manhandled the South Fl defensive line. I thought the RB’s played well outside of Kyren’s fumble. Two games in a row where I’ve been really impressed with Kyren’s patience. Tyree looks solid all around and I can’t wait to see him flash the homer in speed we know he had. C-Bo and Jafar are both good in their roles.

Foskey- Plays really fast, but also very smart. Rarely loses containment on the outside. Would love to see how many tackles he’d have against an option based team.

Botelho looks like a grown ass man and Ehrensberger is a giant. I think we’ve got some future studs in this freshman class all around.

Two games in a row with very few penalties (although the refs missed a blatant PI on Cam)

Am I the only one who feels DJ Brown is the weak link on the D? Haven’t seen him do much yet this year and I’ve definitely noticed some mistakes both games.

Great game for the Irish all around. Hard to complain with putting up 50+ pts and a shutout. Bring on Wake. Go Irish!!!

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 09-19-2020, 07:34 PM   #415
Sherm Sticky
The Prophet

Cash: 1,201,707,597.82
Bank: 1,179,051,588,711,934,464.00
Total Bankroll: 1,179,051,589,913,641,984.00
Donate
Sherm Sticky should be giving advice to Kelly!Sherm Sticky should be giving advice to Kelly!Sherm Sticky should be giving advice to Kelly!Sherm Sticky should be giving advice to Kelly!Sherm Sticky should be giving advice to Kelly!Sherm Sticky should be giving advice to Kelly!Sherm Sticky should be giving advice to Kelly!Sherm Sticky should be giving advice to Kelly!Sherm Sticky should be giving advice to Kelly!Sherm Sticky should be giving advice to Kelly!Sherm Sticky should be giving advice to Kelly!
New York Yankees New York Knicks San Francisco 49ers New Jersey Devils Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportallyr View Post
The team played physical today from the opening kickoff and lever let up. Tremble set the tone. I can honestly say that I’ve never noticed how physical of a blocker he is until today. I’d love to see more of him in the backfield too clearing holes for the RB’s. He made some solid catches today too.

Clarence Lewis is a pass break-up machine and has the look of a shut-down corner. Going to be really fun watching him roam the backfield with a healthy Hamilton.

Jack Kiser - #24 was all over the field. I didn’t notice much last week from either Liufau or Simon, so I really hope Kiser earned himself some more PT following his performance today.

O-Line played well all game and manhandled the South Fl defensive line. I thought the RB’s played well outside of Kyren’s fumble. Two games in a row where I’ve been really impressed with Kyren’s patience. Tyree looks solid all around and I can’t wait to see him flash the homer in speed we know he had. C-Bo and Jafar are both good in their roles.

Foskey- Plays really fast, but also very smart. Rarely loses containment on the outside. Would love to see how many tackles he’d have against an option based team.

Botelho looks like a grown ass man and Ehrensberger is a giant. I think we’ve got some future studs in this freshman class all around.

Two games in a row with very few penalties (although the refs missed a blatant PI on Cam)

Am I the only one who feels DJ Brown is the weak link on the D? Haven’t seen him do much yet this year and I’ve definitely noticed some mistakes both games.

Great game for the Irish all around. Hard to complain with putting up 50+ pts and a shutout. Bring on Wake. Go Irish!!!

DJ Brown the weak link? DJ Brown is only starting because Kyle Hamilton is out. Once Kyle returns DJ’s role will be diminished. So yes he is a weak link right now. but couldn’t you say that for any second stringer who is starting In replace for someone else at the safety spot though? The safety spot the DJ is playing is very difficult, it may be the most challenging position on the whole defense. That spot calls out the defense plays and also sets the alignment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sherm Sticky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 08:26 PM   #416
Irish YJ
Cannonball Coming

Cash: 15,834,798,523,634,346.00
Bank: 95,650,750,252,153,896,960.00
Total Bankroll: 95,666,585,050,677,526,528.00
Donate
Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Indiana Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulukinatme View Post
Problem is the WRs. They're inexperienced as a position group and don't get separation often enough. We had the same problem in 2016 when we lost all that production in Fuller, Chris Brown, Corey Robinson, and Amir Carlisle. Some of the next guys up eventually grew into their roles, but it took time. Given the lack of Spring ball, it may take our receivers longer to develop.
Very meh right now. We lack a clear #1, and have zero clue who would be #2 or #3 either. Lenzy was the only guy out there getting some separation today. Love Javon, but he's a far better blocker than WR. He's definitely not Chase. I agree, between injuries and lack of spring ball chemistry, we simply need time. And today was an easy team. Separation will get harder to come by later.

I have to believe though that in the next couple weeks, someone has to emerge chemistry/performance wise from the Lenzy/Wilkins/Johnson group, and either Wilkins or Austin (when healthy) beat out Javon on the other side. I don't know what to think about slot. Love AD, just hesitant to be optimistic about him over Keys. Just feels like we're prioritizing age/class over talent all over again.
Old 09-19-2020, 08:31 PM   #417
ulukinatme
Holtz/Triumph in 2016!

Cash: 321,681.34
Bank: 230,937,226,757,315,330,048.00
Total Bankroll: 230,937,226,757,315,657,728.00
Donate
ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!
Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish YJ View Post
Very meh right now. We lack a clear #1, and have zero clue who would be #2 or #3 either. Lenzy was the only guy out there getting some separation today. Love Javon, but he's a far better blocker than WR. He's definitely not Chase. I agree, between injuries and lack of spring ball chemistry, we simply need time. And today was an easy team. Separation will get harder to come by later.

I have to believe though that in the next couple weeks, someone has to emerge chemistry/performance wise from the Lenzy/Wilkins/Johnson group, and either Wilkins or Austin (when healthy) beat out Javon on the other side. I don't know what to think about slot. Love AD, just hesitant to be optimistic about him over Keys. Just feels like we're prioritizing age/class over talent all over again.
Austin should be back at some point, right? Gotta hope he comes on strong along with maybe Lenzy, otherwise it's going to be up to our RBs and TEs to get all our yards. We need a deep threat to help stretch the defenses.
ulukinatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 09:02 PM   #418
sharksamardzija8345
The Shark

Cash: 1,244,806,069.47
Bank: 96,848,119,660,564,480.00
Total Bankroll: 96,848,120,905,370,544.00
Donate
sharksamardzija8345 should be giving advice to Kelly!sharksamardzija8345 should be giving advice to Kelly!sharksamardzija8345 should be giving advice to Kelly!sharksamardzija8345 should be giving advice to Kelly!sharksamardzija8345 should be giving advice to Kelly!sharksamardzija8345 should be giving advice to Kelly!sharksamardzija8345 should be giving advice to Kelly!sharksamardzija8345 should be giving advice to Kelly!sharksamardzija8345 should be giving advice to Kelly!sharksamardzija8345 should be giving advice to Kelly!sharksamardzija8345 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Cleveland Indians Cleveland Cavaliers Cleveland Browns Pittsburgh Penguins Notre Dame Chelsea

Is the leprechaun this year properly Irish or is he just putting on that accent?
Old 09-19-2020, 09:07 PM   #419
Irish YJ
Cannonball Coming

Donate
Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulukinatme View Post
Austin should be back at some point, right? Gotta hope he comes on strong along with maybe Lenzy, otherwise it's going to be up to our RBs and TEs to get all our yards. We need a deep threat to help stretch the defenses.
I think LAX or someone said Austin might be back in time for FSU??

IDK. Just seems like we have a ton of new faces everywhere (WR, TE, and RBs) catching the ball, and WR seems like the biggest game of musical chairs. That's got to slow chemistry. Book has to improve too, but it's got to be challenging given everything that has gone on, and the lack of an assume #1 to start the season.
Old 09-19-2020, 09:11 PM   #420
Irish YJ
Cannonball Coming

Donate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksamardzija8345 View Post
Is the leprechaun this year properly Irish or is he just putting on that accent?
Lucky the Leprechaun lodged a formal complaint that ND was guilty of mythical cultural appropriation, so ND had to go out and get a real and proper Leprechaun. Just watch your gold around him if we're ever allowed to attend games.