Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Athletics
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 03-25-2014, 12:26 PM   #351
irishfan
Irish Hoops Mod

Cash: 1,000,775,368.57
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 1,000,775,368.57
Donate
irishfan should be giving advice to Kelly!irishfan should be giving advice to Kelly!irishfan should be giving advice to Kelly!irishfan should be giving advice to Kelly!irishfan should be giving advice to Kelly!irishfan should be giving advice to Kelly!irishfan should be giving advice to Kelly!irishfan should be giving advice to Kelly!irishfan should be giving advice to Kelly!irishfan should be giving advice to Kelly!irishfan should be giving advice to Kelly!
Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkIrish View Post
All that may come to pass but the front court situation is much more dire than you make it out to be. All of our bigs have fatal flaws that make them a huge liability at one end of the court or the other. Burgett might be the most balanced of the bigs but that's not saying much.
Oh I know its a massive problem. We have Burgett and Auguste and that's it. And neither one has really shown any sort of consistency. I think we're pretty screwed going into next year with big men. If we get a transfer who can make an instant impact, I think were a top 25 team. If we don't, I think were middle of the road ACC and about a 8-12 seed.
irishfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 03-25-2014, 03:15 PM   #352
BabyIrish
Marble Mouth

Cash: 420,846,639,380,961.81
Bank: 205,279,394,749,805.09
Total Bankroll: 626,126,034,130,767.00
Donate
BabyIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!BabyIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!BabyIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!BabyIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!BabyIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!BabyIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!BabyIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!BabyIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!BabyIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!BabyIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!BabyIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!
Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishfan View Post
Oh I know its a massive problem. We have Burgett and Auguste and that's it. And neither one has really shown any sort of consistency. I think we're pretty screwed going into next year with big men. If we get a transfer who can make an instant impact, I think were a top 25 team. If we don't, I think were middle of the road ACC and about a 8-12 seed.
I'm having a hard time imagining us making the tournament next year even with a big man transfer. Atkins carried us throughout the year with his point guard play. I'm having a hard time seeing DJ picking up where Atkins left off and being able to run the team. I just don't see it happening. I think we could have a worse season next year.
Old 03-25-2014, 03:23 PM   #353
irishfan
Irish Hoops Mod

Cash: 1,000,775,368.57
Total Bankroll: 1,000,775,368.57
Donate
irishfan should be giving advice to Kelly!irishfan should be giving advice to Kelly!irishfan should be giving advice to Kelly!irishfan should be giving advice to Kelly!irishfan should be giving advice to Kelly!irishfan should be giving advice to Kelly!irishfan should be giving advice to Kelly!irishfan should be giving advice to Kelly!irishfan should be giving advice to Kelly!irishfan should be giving advice to Kelly!irishfan should be giving advice to Kelly!
Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyIrish View Post
I'm having a hard time imagining us making the tournament next year even with a big man transfer. Atkins carried us throughout the year with his point guard play. I'm having a hard time seeing DJ picking up where Atkins left off and being able to run the team. I just don't see it happening. I think we could have a worse season next year.
I guess I'm of the opinion that:

Grant>Atkins
no Sherman/Knight=whatever, we can't get any worse there
DJ/Vasturia/Beachem/Burgett/Auguste in 2014-2015>those five in 2013-2014
irishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:31 PM   #354
RDU Irish
Catholics vs. Cousins

Cash: 1,832,400,367,563.36
Bank: 17,566,805,712,986.74
Total Bankroll: 19,399,206,080,550.10
Donate
RDU Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!RDU Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!RDU Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!RDU Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!RDU Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!RDU Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!RDU Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!RDU Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!RDU Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!RDU Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!RDU Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Bears Notre Dame

If Brey has done one thing it is develop non-descript big men into legitimate D1 players.
RDU Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:10 PM   #355
PerthDomer
Freshman

Cash: 7,690.15
Total Bankroll: 7,690.15
Donate
PerthDomer is a leader in the communityPerthDomer is a leader in the communityPerthDomer is a leader in the communityPerthDomer is a leader in the communityPerthDomer is a leader in the communityPerthDomer is a leader in the communityPerthDomer is a leader in the communityPerthDomer is a leader in the communityPerthDomer is a leader in the communityPerthDomer is a leader in the communityPerthDomer is a leader in the community

Also we get Geben, and he's played some U18 championship bball for Lithuania (I think) on an international level. Should be able to contribute at some level immediately.
PerthDomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:17 PM   #356
NoJusticeNoPeace
Banned

Cash: 29,445.47
Bank: 234,866,065,828.44
Total Bankroll: 234,866,095,273.91
Donate
NoJusticeNoPeace should be giving advice to Kelly!NoJusticeNoPeace should be giving advice to Kelly!NoJusticeNoPeace should be giving advice to Kelly!NoJusticeNoPeace should be giving advice to Kelly!NoJusticeNoPeace should be giving advice to Kelly!NoJusticeNoPeace should be giving advice to Kelly!NoJusticeNoPeace should be giving advice to Kelly!NoJusticeNoPeace should be giving advice to Kelly!NoJusticeNoPeace should be giving advice to Kelly!NoJusticeNoPeace should be giving advice to Kelly!NoJusticeNoPeace should be giving advice to Kelly!
Cincinnati Reds Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Butler Arsenal USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDPhilly View Post
We are also after PF Jackson Davis to end the class of 2014. That kid is a stud.
Davis is good as hell. I'm hoping Butler will get him, but I have a feeling that snake Bruce Pearl will get him to waste his career at Auburn.
NoJusticeNoPeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:19 PM   #357
NoJusticeNoPeace
Banned

Cash: 29,445.47
Bank: 234,866,065,828.44
Total Bankroll: 234,866,095,273.91
Donate
NoJusticeNoPeace should be giving advice to Kelly!NoJusticeNoPeace should be giving advice to Kelly!NoJusticeNoPeace should be giving advice to Kelly!NoJusticeNoPeace should be giving advice to Kelly!NoJusticeNoPeace should be giving advice to Kelly!NoJusticeNoPeace should be giving advice to Kelly!NoJusticeNoPeace should be giving advice to Kelly!NoJusticeNoPeace should be giving advice to Kelly!NoJusticeNoPeace should be giving advice to Kelly!NoJusticeNoPeace should be giving advice to Kelly!NoJusticeNoPeace should be giving advice to Kelly!
Cincinnati Reds Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Butler Arsenal USA

I'm surprised Farrell got an offer from anyone. He's a nice player but not a major conference player. Butler passed on him as did other schools. He did get a lot better over his senior year, and I could see him panning out. It's just hard to imagine him being a competitive ACC player.
NoJusticeNoPeace is offline   Reply With Quote