Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football Recruiting
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 02-14-2018, 12:49 PM   #15
Irish#1
Living Your Dream!

Cash: 4,000,512,082,664,201.00
Bank: 23,336,087,632,230,872.00
Total Bankroll: 27,336,599,714,895,072.00
Donate
Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!
New York Yankees Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelezo vlk View Post
And punter
This. Please find a punter that can kick the living crap out of the ball. Nothing personal against Tyler, but his punting has been a disappointment IMO.
Irish#1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 02-14-2018, 01:02 PM   #16
zelezo vlk
Legend

Cash: 113,765,069,280.10
Bank: 435,195,360,460,101.62
Total Bankroll: 435,309,125,529,381.69
Donate
zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!
St Louis Cardinals Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish#1 View Post
This. Please find a punter that can kick the living crap out of the ball. Nothing personal against Tyler, but his punting has been a disappointment IMO.
I'm pretty sure he's gone after 2018 anyways. Heck, depending on how the staff feels about Doerer, they might want a kicker since Yoon will be gone too
zelezo vlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 01:05 PM   #17
Luckylucci
Community Moderator

Cash: 201,607,528.69
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 201,607,528.69
Donate
Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLion View Post
The DL haul is shaping up nicely in terms of SDE/DT. Elite, even, with the quality and number of guys interested that will all be takes.

The problem is WDE... NEED MOAR PASS RUSHERS.

A few of these SDE/DT's will be able to generate push from the interior on third down... but we need some hosscats that can get around the edge, dip, rip, and wreak havoc on the opposing QB.

Nana Osafo-Mensah would be a reallllly nice get, but we probably need another pure pass-rusher alongside him... who do we have a legit shot at?

Brandon Smith from VA? Tosh and Bama pressing for him will be a tough battle, especially with Urban/pOSU and Franklin/PSU looming as well.

Zach Harrison? I know we're supposed to have a legit shot, but I don't buy it. Elite, 5-star DE in Ohio with his top-4 being midwest schools? I don't think he's leaving the state.

TL;DR
I'm very pessimistic about ND's current WDE situation in recruiting, and an impact WDE is an immediate need in '19, unless Ovie or Justin A. end up being the truth right away.
So I see this come up a lot. More than likely this is a 2020 problem for WDE. Why would either Justin A or Ovie been needed right away?

The 18' class will be going into Junior seasons when Okwara and Hayes are gone. Anybody that we bring in, in this class, even if "elite" will more than likely only get spotty snaps for the 19' season behind Okwara and Hayes. I would agree that it's imperative that we land a player that will be able to be productive as a Sophmore, when Okwara and Hayes leave. Bringing in a haul of Nana and a project WDE, would put the depth chart at Wardlow (senior), Ovie/Justin A. (Juniors), Nana (Sophomore), project (Sophomore). Nana playing 60-70% of snaps as a sophomore is probably the trajectory he'll want to be on.

I'm much more concerned with SDE, but it doesn't seem to get talked about as it's not as sexy of a position.

At this point we only have ADE O with elgibility behind Kareem and Jay Hayes. Which makes the 19' season a 2 deep of Kareem and Ade O. That's much more concerning to me than Okwara/Hayes (seniors) and Wardlow (Junior)
Luckylucci is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 01:12 PM   #18
ResLife Hero
Team MVP

Cash: 3,549.66
Bank: 236,902,539,249,171,744.00
Total Bankroll: 236,902,539,249,175,296.00
Donate
ResLife Hero should be giving advice to Kelly!ResLife Hero should be giving advice to Kelly!ResLife Hero should be giving advice to Kelly!ResLife Hero should be giving advice to Kelly!ResLife Hero should be giving advice to Kelly!ResLife Hero should be giving advice to Kelly!ResLife Hero should be giving advice to Kelly!ResLife Hero should be giving advice to Kelly!ResLife Hero should be giving advice to Kelly!ResLife Hero should be giving advice to Kelly!ResLife Hero should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Los Angeles Lakers Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckylucci View Post
So I see this come up a lot. More than likely this is a 2020 problem for WDE. Why would either Justin A or Ovie been needed right away?

The 18' class will be going into Junior seasons when Okwara and Hayes are gone. Anybody that we bring in, in this class, even if "elite" will more than likely only get spotty snaps for the 19' season behind Okwara and Hayes. I would agree that it's imperative that we land a player that will be able to be productive as a Sophmore, when Okwara and Hayes leave. Bringing in a haul of Nana and a project WDE, would put the depth chart at Wardlow (senior), Ovie/Justin A. (Juniors), Nana (Sophomore), project (Sophomore). Nana playing 60-70% of snaps as a sophomore is probably the trajectory he'll want to be on.

I'm much more concerned with SDE, but it doesn't seem to get talked about as it's not as sexy of a position.

At this point we only have ADE O with elgibility behind Kareem and Jay Hayes. Which makes the 19' season a 2 deep of Kareem and Ade O. That's much more concerning to me than Okwara/Hayes (seniors) and Wardlow (Junior)
Is the Ovie move set in stone? I didn't listen to all the post-NSD interviews so maybe Elston or Lea said that. If he has moved to WDE, then why wouldn't we swing Justin over to SDE and solve both problems? He seems to have a pretty thick frame.

In general, I agree though. SDE is a little scary.
ResLife Hero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 01:16 PM   #19
zelezo vlk
Legend

Cash: 113,765,069,280.10
Bank: 435,195,360,460,101.62
Total Bankroll: 435,309,125,529,381.69
Donate
zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!
St Louis Cardinals Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResLife Hero View Post
Is the Ovie move set in stone? I didn't listen to all the post-NSD interviews so maybe Elston or Lea said that. If he has moved to WDE, then why wouldn't we swing Justin over to SDE and solve both problems? He seems to have a pretty thick frame.

In general, I agree though. SDE is a little scary.
It's not, but it's been projected since he first committed if he can put on the weight and grow a little bit. As of now, he'll be tried at Rover and Buck per ISD's podcast of interviews
zelezo vlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 01:22 PM   #20
greyhammer90
the drunk piano player

Cash: 1,915,866,314,367,547.75
Bank: 12,421,510,938,065,811,456.00
Total Bankroll: 12,423,426,804,380,178,432.00
Donate
greyhammer90 should be giving advice to Kelly!greyhammer90 should be giving advice to Kelly!greyhammer90 should be giving advice to Kelly!greyhammer90 should be giving advice to Kelly!greyhammer90 should be giving advice to Kelly!greyhammer90 should be giving advice to Kelly!greyhammer90 should be giving advice to Kelly!greyhammer90 should be giving advice to Kelly!greyhammer90 should be giving advice to Kelly!greyhammer90 should be giving advice to Kelly!greyhammer90 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Atlanta Braves Memphis Grizzlies Tennessee Titans Nashville Predators

I can't rep Crusader so someone do it for me. He puts a lot of work into this stuff and its evident.

Funnier than you in 2012.
greyhammer90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 01:23 PM   #21
NDMIA
Junior

Cash: 100,000,027,745.42
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 100,000,027,745.42
Donate
NDMIA should be giving advice to Kelly!NDMIA should be giving advice to Kelly!NDMIA should be giving advice to Kelly!NDMIA should be giving advice to Kelly!NDMIA should be giving advice to Kelly!NDMIA should be giving advice to Kelly!NDMIA should be giving advice to Kelly!NDMIA should be giving advice to Kelly!NDMIA should be giving advice to Kelly!NDMIA should be giving advice to Kelly!NDMIA should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLion View Post
The DL haul is shaping up nicely in terms of SDE/DT. Elite, even, with the quality and number of guys interested that will all be takes.

The problem is WDE... NEED MOAR PASS RUSHERS.

A few of these SDE/DT's will be able to generate push from the interior on third down... but we need some hosscats that can get around the edge, dip, rip, and wreak havoc on the opposing QB.

Nana Osafo-Mensah would be a reallllly nice get, but we probably need another pure pass-rusher alongside him... who do we have a legit shot at?

Brandon Smith from VA? Tosh and Bama pressing for him will be a tough battle, especially with Urban/pOSU and Franklin/PSU looming as well.

Zach Harrison? I know we're supposed to have a legit shot, but I don't buy it. Elite, 5-star DE in Ohio with his top-4 being midwest schools? I don't think he's leaving the state.

TL;DR
I'm very pessimistic about ND's current WDE situation in recruiting, and an impact WDE is an immediate need in '19, unless Ovie or Justin A. end up being the truth right away.
WDE Board

OFFERS
.9986 5* Kayvon Thibodeaux - CA - FAR - Never Visited
.9982 5* Zach Harrison - OH - 4h15m - 11/19/16 & 4/2/17 & 6/24/17 & 11/18/17
.9800 4* Brandon Smith - VA - FAR - 6/23/17
.9558 4* Nana Osafo-Mensah - TX - FAR - 1/27/18
.9496 4* Khris Bogle - FL - FAR - Never Visited
.9417 4* Joseph Wete - DC - FAR - Never Visited
.9402 4* Joshua Pakola - CA - FAR - Never Visited
.9398 4* Jason Bargy - IL - 2h5m - 4/2/17
.9116 4* Curtis Fann - GA - FAR - Never Visited
.8937 4* Marcus Hicks - KS - FAR - 6/24/17 & 11/18/17

REGIONAL NON-OFFERS/VISITING NON-OFFERS
.9685 4* Stephon Herron Jr - KY - 4h15m - 6/18/16 & 9/17/16 (MICHIGAN)
.9192 4* Ani Izuchukwu - TN - 6h30m - Never Visited
.9161 4* Beau Robbins - IN - 2h15m - 4/21/17 & 11/4/17
.9154 4* Casey Kline - AZ - FAR - 11/18/17
.8822 3* JJ Weaver - KY - 4h30m - 4/2/17 & 9/9/17

I do think WDE has the biggest need for talent because of the impending departures of Dealin Hayes and Julian Okwara. I think DT & SDE recruiting are dynamite so far.

Above is a list of guys offered and then guys who are around ND or far but have visited and are interested. I think ND flat out leads for Nana Osafo-Mensah which would be an amazing start to the position of need. Then there are a lot of more questionable recruits on that board.

Thibodeaux probably doesn't leave the west coast (unless he comes on a visit with his 2 other offered teammates and loves it), Harrison is probably a lock for Urban Meyer (but do you think he's not interested in ND he would have visited 4 times??), Brandon Smith I think we have a legit shot at because he loves Lea and loved his visit, Joseph Wete had great things to say about ND and hopefully makes it up for a visit this spring/summer, Bargy doesn't have his academics in order to be a take, Curtis Fann wants to take a visit, and Marcus Hicks has visited twice while he lives 11h30m away (I know he's a OU lean but maybe he wants a little academics in his life). Point is, ND doesn't flat out lead with any of those guys, but they aren't committed elsewhere and ND definitely has interest from a lot of these prospects.

As for the non-offered guys, Stephen Herron Jr is a dynamite prospect and has been offered by all of the big time academic programs in the country and is committed to Michigan. It is beyond me how ND has not offered the kid, but for what its worth Clark Lea follows him and maybe ND circles back now that he's in charge. Ani Izuchukwu goes to a pretty damn good academic private school in Nashville, has all the follows from almost the entire staff, but no offer...Looks like he'll head to a football factory in the next few weeks. Beau Robbins is followed by Elston & BK, is a childhood fan of ND, is a 4* on all 3 recruiting sites, and sits idly by as the offer doesn't come (I do think he was a little overrated by the sites tbh, but he's worth a look). Casey Kline falls into the Beau Robbins category of huge ND fan and flew up here with his whole family. He's an athletic ATH who plays different positions, projects probably as a WDE or LBer, is a 4* on every service, but has little to no interest from the staff. Lastly, I'd mention future 4* JJ Weaver who's a solid pass rusher who's 6'6'' and athletic, is a little over 4 hours away from ND, and is followed by BK & Elston.

I think the dream scenario would be to land the multitude of SDE & DT's that ND is in play with so then they can focus on the one last position of need along the DLine. I think ND is in great shape for 2019 DL recruiting!
NDMIA is offline   Reply With Quote