Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Outside The Lines > The Leprechaun Lounge
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 01-10-2019, 05:14 PM   #1380
Whiskeyjack
Logic & Reason

Cash: 5,000,142,458.11
Bank: 105,501,307,157,671,888.00
Total Bankroll: 105,501,312,157,814,352.00
Donate
Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!Whiskeyjack should be giving advice to Kelly!
Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritate Duce Progredi View Post
Lol@Whiskey's vid. Why did the KoC fall in the crosshairs?
Democratic Congresswomen like Feinstein, Harris and Hirono have recently implied that membership in mainstream Catholic organizations like the KoC should disqualify one from public service.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 01-10-2019, 06:32 PM   #1381
ickythump1225
Starter

Cash: 1,000,955,721.36
Bank: 60,824,083.70
Total Bankroll: 1,061,779,805.06
Donate
ickythump1225 should be giving advice to Kelly!ickythump1225 should be giving advice to Kelly!ickythump1225 should be giving advice to Kelly!ickythump1225 should be giving advice to Kelly!ickythump1225 should be giving advice to Kelly!ickythump1225 should be giving advice to Kelly!ickythump1225 should be giving advice to Kelly!ickythump1225 should be giving advice to Kelly!ickythump1225 should be giving advice to Kelly!ickythump1225 should be giving advice to Kelly!ickythump1225 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Atlanta Braves Oakland Raiders Anaheim Mighty Ducks Notre Dame

Considering the source I take that as a compliment.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:43 PM   #1382
Veritate Duce Progredi
You bray like an ass!

Cash: 9,667,607,078.91
Bank: 4,434,043,440,312,201.50
Total Bankroll: 4,434,053,107,919,280.50
Donate
Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
Democratic Congresswomen like Feinstein, Harris and Hirono have recently implied that membership in mainstream Catholic organizations like the KoC should disqualify one from public service.
This is unreal. I used to think people really just wanted equal footing but they are marching us straight into the times of martyrdom, white or otherwise. They want to push anyone with differing world views out of the public square and remove their voice. I guess as the pew numbers continue to dwindle and the faithful become lax, there's less "Mob" pressure to keep up the pretense.

This reminds me of the poem by W.B. Yeats, "The 2nd Coming":

Veritate Duce Progredi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 10:39 PM   #1383
Circa
Conspire to keep It real

Cash: 143,070,327,199.49
Bank: 701,406,107,319,466.38
Total Bankroll: 701,549,177,646,665.88
Donate
Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!
Pittsburgh Pirates Cleveland Cavaliers San Francisco 49ers Pittsburgh Penguins Notre Dame 20 - Tony Stewart Liverpool USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyok1 View Post
As a vocational pastor I have been digging into three questions as of late and wanted to present them to interested IE members for mutual growth. I must admit I come to this discussion with preconceived notions of the correct answers to these questions, but I do feel as though I have much more room to grow in my understanding. The questions were stirred in me as I engaged a DVD series called "True U" by Focus on the Family (a conservative evangelical para church organization). I would love to hear your ideas, feedback and dialogue about the three. Humor is welcome, but please no abusing one another through hateful, degrading or belittling speech. Thanks!

Question #1- Is there a God? (A question of origin)

Question #2- Is the Bible reliable? (That is historically)

Question #3- Who is Jesus? (Real person? Fairy tale?)

(Since these are each huge questions that do not have simple answers feel free to tackle one at a time).
We are all one great thought with inner thoughts that conflict and betray. Let's just try to see the bigger picture, as It really Is. If we are all that different and discuss the differences as truth. How could we see the reality of the other side without feeling the reality of onananother?
Old 01-10-2019, 10:59 PM   #1384
NorthDakota
I'm with Hillary 2020

Cash: 1,000,000,000,015,232.12
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 1,000,000,000,015,232.12
Donate
NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!
Minnesota Twins Washington Wizards Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Notre Dame Liverpool Germany

Quote:

If the KoC top brass has any brains at all, they'll lean into this. I'd join in a second if they actually adopted a paramilitary integralist posture. Plus, Catholic military aesthetic is unbeatable:

Old 01-11-2019, 11:00 PM   #1385
zelezo vlk
Legend

Cash: 113,765,065,364.77
Bank: 80,848,070,018,650.23
Total Bankroll: 80,961,835,084,015.00
Donate
zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!
St Louis Cardinals Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears

My Tuesday formation group is reading Thomas A Kempis' The Imitation of Christ for the weeks leading up to Lent. Here's a great quote (the work is full of these):

"If men used as much care in uprooting vices and implanting virtues as they do in discussing problems, there would not be so much evil and scandal in the world, or such laxity in religious organizations. On the day of judgment, surely, we shall not be asked what we have read but what we have done; not how well we have spoken but how well we have lived."
zelezo vlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:22 PM   #1386
Irish YJ
Cannonball Coming

Cash: 675,648,186,323,586.50
Bank: 514,416,410,582,258,752.00
Total Bankroll: 515,092,058,768,582,336.00
Donate
Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Indiana Germany

Quote:

If the KoC top brass has any brains at all, they'll lean into this. I'd join in a second if they actually adopted a paramilitary integralist posture. Plus, Catholic military aesthetic is unbeatable:

so stripping out the KofC, they are basically labeling the Catholic religion as extremists. how many other religions are now extremists in the eyes of the god-less Left..... I don't share the Vatican's stance on LGBT but I respect the right to believe whatever the hell you want without being labeled extreme. not sure how one could be Catholic and vote Dem....