Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2015 Recruiting Profiles
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:07 AM   #2087
stlnd01
Team MVP

Cash: 50,069,158.04
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 50,069,158.04
Donate
stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddytoNow View Post
Not technically a 5th year senior because he had two years of eligibility when he transferred, but Gilman has been more than adequate this year.
Absolutely. He's great. But Gilman falls under the "regular transfer" category who the original poster about transfers suggested (or quoted someone suggsting) was generally less "successful" than 5Ys.

Generally speaking, I'm transfer skeptical. Especially when the move is fueled by playing time, or the lack of it (as opposed to, say, personal reasons to be closer to home or something). If you're good enough, go win the job. But I get that there are cases, especially for QBs, where it makes sense. Wimbush next year is probably one of those.
stlnd01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 10-01-2018, 12:14 AM   #2088
Irishize
Freshman

Cash: 993.75
Total Bankroll: 993.75
Donate
Irishize should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishize should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishize should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishize should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishize should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishize should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishize should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishize should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishize should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishize should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishize should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlnd01 View Post
They have?
I guess it depends what you mean by successful, but feels most are guys who weren't starting at their old program for a reason. And they either go to a comparable program and don't start there either (i.e. Jay Hayes, who plays far less at Georgia than he would be at ND), or go down a level for playing time (Nick Watkins does look to be playing a fair bit at Houston). Either way it rarely catapults them to stardom. Russell Wilson situations are more the exception than the rule. I can't think of a 5Y transfer out of, or into, Notre Dame who has really turned into a difference-maker for their new team.

Not to say Wimbush couldn't. But he'd really have to find the right fit, and be at his new school for spring ball (I think waiting really set Zaire back) I'd certainly be rooting for him. He's nothing but a class act.
Don’t shoot the messenger. As I clearly stated, it was one of the hosts on SXM ESPNu’s many shows. I spend many an hour in my car so I hear a lot of CFB talk & don’t exactly write the stuff down while driving. I think it was Tom Luginbill on his Sunday morning show w/ Barrett Sallee.

Keep in mind, he didn’t say Grad-Transfers were wildly successful. He was speaking in relation to traditional transfers who have to sit out a year. Additionally, you are thinking just at Notre Dame. The commentator was speaking across CFB.

For every Jay Hayes, there’s a Richard Mullaney & Gehrig Dieter...

Last edited by Irishize; 10-01-2018 at 12:18 AM..
Irishize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 10:39 AM   #2089
Irish Insanity
All-American

Cash: 1,273.25
Bank: 22,477,295,872,765,164.00
Total Bankroll: 22,477,295,872,766,436.00
Donate
Irish Insanity should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Insanity should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Insanity should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Insanity should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Insanity should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Insanity should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Insanity should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Insanity should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Insanity should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Insanity should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish Insanity should be giving advice to Kelly!
Detroit Tigers Detroit Pistons Detroit Lions Notre Dame

The Ravens have plays for Jackson to get on the field with Flacco at times. There's no reason we couldn't do the same
Old 10-01-2018, 12:33 PM   #2090
ThePiombino
The OG "TP"

Cash: 104,141.95
Bank: 74,082,703,082,528,752.00
Total Bankroll: 74,082,703,082,632,896.00
Donate
ThePiombino should be giving advice to Kelly!ThePiombino should be giving advice to Kelly!ThePiombino should be giving advice to Kelly!ThePiombino should be giving advice to Kelly!ThePiombino should be giving advice to Kelly!ThePiombino should be giving advice to Kelly!ThePiombino should be giving advice to Kelly!ThePiombino should be giving advice to Kelly!ThePiombino should be giving advice to Kelly!ThePiombino should be giving advice to Kelly!ThePiombino should be giving advice to Kelly!
San Francisco Giants San Francisco 49ers New York Rangers Notre Dame Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by loomis41973 View Post
I will 2nd this.

I really hope BW never has to see the field again this year at ND. Save his last year for either ND or most likely a transfer.

I'm guessing both him and coach already know.
What would be saving? He already red-shirted. He would be preserving nothing and he can transfer as a graduate regardless. If he can contribute he should at. Period.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
ThePiombino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 04:24 PM   #2091
Irish YJ
Book for El Presidente

Cash: 375,236,500,464,516.62
Bank: 156,784,999,521,000,480.00
Total Bankroll: 157,160,236,021,464,992.00
Donate
Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Indiana Germany

With all the talk about what the play calling might be......
Will drop this in the game thread as well.

Quote:
+Wimbush’s performance at the intermediate level shows his most glaring flaw as a passer. He completed just 29-of-62 passes when throwing between 10-19 yards downfield, which is often the area where quarterbacks have to navigate the most defenders on the field.

+Some of Wimbush’s poor numbers aren’t entirely his fault, however. Notre Dame receivers had a 16 percent drop rate on throws from Wimbush.

+Wimbush’s accuracy was also an issue, however, as 17.5 percent of his throws were uncatchable. And when he was facing pressure, that uncatchable rate rose to 19.4 percent—almost one out of every five attempts.

+Even though Wimbush wasn’t great at passing under pressure, he did excel at avoiding costly mistakes. Surprisingly, none of Wimbush’s interceptions came while under pressure, although pressure did cause him to fumble three times (twice against Georgia, once against Miami).

https://www.cfbfilmroom.com/2018/02/...passing-chart/
Old 11-08-2018, 06:46 PM   #2092
ND88
Freshman

Cash: 500,000,000,009,865.62
Total Bankroll: 500,000,000,009,865.62
Donate
ND88 should be giving advice to Kelly!ND88 should be giving advice to Kelly!ND88 should be giving advice to Kelly!ND88 should be giving advice to Kelly!ND88 should be giving advice to Kelly!ND88 should be giving advice to Kelly!ND88 should be giving advice to Kelly!ND88 should be giving advice to Kelly!ND88 should be giving advice to Kelly!ND88 should be giving advice to Kelly!ND88 should be giving advice to Kelly!

I hope Book heals up in time for Syracuse, but I believe in Brandon. He won't let us down.
ND88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:04 PM   #2093
Valpodoc85
Freshman

Cash: 1,000,008,026.88
Total Bankroll: 1,000,008,026.88
Donate
Valpodoc85 should be giving advice to Kelly!Valpodoc85 should be giving advice to Kelly!Valpodoc85 should be giving advice to Kelly!Valpodoc85 should be giving advice to Kelly!Valpodoc85 should be giving advice to Kelly!Valpodoc85 should be giving advice to Kelly!Valpodoc85 should be giving advice to Kelly!Valpodoc85 should be giving advice to Kelly!Valpodoc85 should be giving advice to Kelly!Valpodoc85 should be giving advice to Kelly!Valpodoc85 should be giving advice to Kelly!

guess we'll know how engaged he's been the last 6 weeks...
Valpodoc85 is offline   Reply With Quote