Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Professional Teams
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:02 AM   #1
CrimsonIrish

Cash: 0
Bank: 0
Total Bankroll: 0
Donate
Bonds.....

Who here actually wants him to break Aaron's record? I don't.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 04-06-2007, 11:03 PM   #2
Newc
Sophomore

Cash: 492.25
Bank: 88,493.56
Total Bankroll: 88,985.81
Donate
Newc is a leader in the communityNewc is a leader in the communityNewc is a leader in the communityNewc is a leader in the communityNewc is a leader in the communityNewc is a leader in the communityNewc is a leader in the communityNewc is a leader in the communityNewc is a leader in the communityNewc is a leader in the communityNewc is a leader in the community
Boston Red Sox Cleveland Browns Notre Dame

It will be a sad day in baseball, not because of what he is associated with, but because Hank Aaron was such a good man and an ambassador for baseball and all sports that seeing someone who is so narcositic and selfish take down the record will be a travisty.
Newc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 01:33 AM   #3
IRISHDODGER
Blue Chip Recruit

Cash: 5,064,338.23
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 5,064,338.23
Donate
IRISHDODGER should be giving advice to Kelly!IRISHDODGER should be giving advice to Kelly!IRISHDODGER should be giving advice to Kelly!IRISHDODGER should be giving advice to Kelly!IRISHDODGER should be giving advice to Kelly!IRISHDODGER should be giving advice to Kelly!IRISHDODGER should be giving advice to Kelly!IRISHDODGER should be giving advice to Kelly!IRISHDODGER should be giving advice to Kelly!IRISHDODGER should be giving advice to Kelly!IRISHDODGER should be giving advice to Kelly!
Los Angeles Dodgers Boston Celtics Chicago Bears Notre Dame

I don't, but it's inevitable. Bonds is a perfect example of what ego will do to a person. He was already on his way to the HOF before he allegedly started juicing. Even being an a**hole wouldn't prevent him from being a respected HOFer (at least respected for his onfield exploits). But now he's a cheating a**hole & will be forever tainted...HOFer or not.

The only hope is that Bonds supposedly respects & appreciates the fact that Aaron was such an icon & a trailblazer for his race. Maybe, just maybe, he'll get to 754 & call it a career. That way, he'll still have passed the 2 guys he was so jealous of in '98 (Sosa & McGuire) yet still not hold a tarnished record. OF course, if he did that, he'd be admitting his guilt, but maybe coming clean will get him to the HOFer quicker upon retirement. After all, America always forgives if the offender is repentant. And most HOF voters have already admitted that they'd vote him in regardless of the juice.
Old 04-07-2007, 01:48 AM   #4
CrimsonIrish

Cash: 0
Bank: 0
Total Bankroll: 0
Donate

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHDODGER View Post
Bonds is a perfect example of what ego will do to a person.
Bonds was an egotistical maniac when he was with the Pirates....Bond's problem results to parenting.
Old 04-07-2007, 01:59 AM   #5
IRISHDODGER
Blue Chip Recruit

Cash: 5,064,338.23
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 5,064,338.23
Donate
IRISHDODGER should be giving advice to Kelly!IRISHDODGER should be giving advice to Kelly!IRISHDODGER should be giving advice to Kelly!IRISHDODGER should be giving advice to Kelly!IRISHDODGER should be giving advice to Kelly!IRISHDODGER should be giving advice to Kelly!IRISHDODGER should be giving advice to Kelly!IRISHDODGER should be giving advice to Kelly!IRISHDODGER should be giving advice to Kelly!IRISHDODGER should be giving advice to Kelly!IRISHDODGER should be giving advice to Kelly!
Los Angeles Dodgers Boston Celtics Chicago Bears Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonIrish View Post
Bonds was an egotistical maniac when he was with the Pirates....Bond's problem results to parenting.
Yup, he was a spoiled brat. One of my buddies is a huge Giants fan & Bonds was his favorite player. He got to work as a batboy during spring training for the giants soon after bonds came over from Pitt. One day, he found himself alone w/ Bonds in the hotel elevator. He proceeded to tell Bonds that he was his favorite player & politiely asked for an autograph. Bonds told him that he only signs at the ballpark & got out of the elevator. Keep in mind, there were no other fans around to harass Bonds for a signature, so it's not like it would've hurt anything to at least offer a handshake & acknowledge the kid. Bonds is like the tin man...no heart.
Old 04-07-2007, 03:20 AM   #6
LOVEMYIRISH
Kelly's backup admin

Cash: 219,679.35
Bank: 70,745,125.29
Total Bankroll: 70,964,804.64
Donate
LOVEMYIRISH has a brilliant futureLOVEMYIRISH has a brilliant futureLOVEMYIRISH has a brilliant futureLOVEMYIRISH has a brilliant futureLOVEMYIRISH has a brilliant futureLOVEMYIRISH has a brilliant futureLOVEMYIRISH has a brilliant futureLOVEMYIRISH has a brilliant futureLOVEMYIRISH has a brilliant futureLOVEMYIRISH has a brilliant futureLOVEMYIRISH has a brilliant future
Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonIrish View Post
Who here actually wants him to break Aaron's record? I don't.
Not in a million years...he has not earned it.
LOVEMYIRISH is offline   Reply With Quote