Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2014 Recruiting Profiles
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 12-13-2018, 09:55 AM   #449
FightingIrishLover7
All troll, no substance

Cash: 100,396,039.77
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 100,396,039.77
Donate
FightingIrishLover7 should be giving advice to Kelly!FightingIrishLover7 should be giving advice to Kelly!FightingIrishLover7 should be giving advice to Kelly!FightingIrishLover7 should be giving advice to Kelly!FightingIrishLover7 should be giving advice to Kelly!FightingIrishLover7 should be giving advice to Kelly!FightingIrishLover7 should be giving advice to Kelly!FightingIrishLover7 should be giving advice to Kelly!FightingIrishLover7 should be giving advice to Kelly!FightingIrishLover7 should be giving advice to Kelly!FightingIrishLover7 should be giving advice to Kelly!
St Louis Cardinals Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Purdue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulukinatme View Post
Eh, maybe? In a general sense, any graduate is a Notre Dame Man, but on the board we've kind of made that distinction for a player that has gone above and beyond, or had to endure some kind of trial and overcome despite the adversity. Danny Spond having to quit football, but remaining with the team so he could coach up Jaylon was worthy. Tommy enduring death threats and benching for Golson, only to come back and be a starter again (And be part of the winningest class since '93) was worthy. Drue Tranquil coming back from 2 torn ACLs to become a captain and big time leader would be worthy. Sam Mustipher though? He's certainly a captain and a big leader on the OL, but has he gone above and beyond or overcome some kind of adversity like the guys above? I don't know if I can answer that.
...Manti playing through the loss of his gf...
FightingIrishLover7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 12-13-2018, 10:01 AM   #450
ulukinatme
Holtz/Triumph in 2016!

Cash: 301,736.78
Bank: 35,898,624,094,276,157,440.00
Total Bankroll: 35,898,624,094,276,460,544.00
Donate
ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!
Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
...Manti playing through the loss of his gf...
I think at this point we can't completely fault him for that scenario. I think it got played up by the media and Manti did his best to roll with it. If he comes out in an interview and says "Well, I hardly knew her," how would that of come off? Once they had the angle it became the heart warming moment of the 2012 season and every time he got interviewed it got brought up. It just snowballed out of his control.

In any case, he did lose his grandmother, that was completely real. Manti was still pretty special on his own though. That defense was magical in 2012, and when reality hit before the bowl you could see Manti was not the same player. He easily had his worst game of the season after the truth came out. Manti had every opportunity to go to USC or BYU, both of which made more sense than ND. On a frigid cold day where we lost to Syracuse at home, he made his decision to come to South Bend. If I had to guess, some or all of those reasons are what earned him the moniker. He was the glue to that 2012 team, and without that season I'd bet that BK is not coaching today.

Last edited by ulukinatme; 12-13-2018 at 10:04 AM..
ulukinatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 08:18 AM   #451
NDCrusader
Legend

Cash: 2,000,000,101,024,279,808.00
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 2,000,000,101,024,279,808.00
Donate
NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!

I'll admit, this one got me a lil.

Congrats to Sam on a job done very well.

NDCrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 10:12 AM   #452
Veritate Duce Progredi
Banned

Cash: 1,267,626,559.56
Bank: 34,771,050,105,408,104.00
Total Bankroll: 34,771,051,373,034,664.00
Donate
Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!

Best wishes to Sam. Hard worker and no nonsense while he was here. I wish him well and I hope he gets some tryouts or even a late draft.
Veritate Duce Progredi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 12:26 PM   #453
Old Man Mike
Fast as Lightning!

Cash: 40,052,073,904.63
Bank: 374,169,529,405,095,552.00
Total Bankroll: 374,169,569,457,169,344.00
Donate
Old Man Mike should be giving advice to Kelly!Old Man Mike should be giving advice to Kelly!Old Man Mike should be giving advice to Kelly!Old Man Mike should be giving advice to Kelly!Old Man Mike should be giving advice to Kelly!Old Man Mike should be giving advice to Kelly!Old Man Mike should be giving advice to Kelly!Old Man Mike should be giving advice to Kelly!Old Man Mike should be giving advice to Kelly!Old Man Mike should be giving advice to Kelly!Old Man Mike should be giving advice to Kelly!

Touching statement. God Bless You, Warrior.
Old Man Mike is offline   Reply With Quote