Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Outside The Lines > The Leprechaun Lounge
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old Yesterday, 10:14 PM   #2206
Circa
Conspire to keep It real

Cash: 19,251.60
Bank: 18,109,492,698,495,996.00
Total Bankroll: 18,109,492,698,515,248.00
Donate
Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!
Pittsburgh Pirates Cleveland Cavaliers San Francisco 49ers Pittsburgh Penguins Notre Dame 20 - Tony Stewart Liverpool USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofOahu View Post
I don't know why more churches aren't embracing technology. I know the belief is that butts in seats equals dedication and dollars needed to stay open, but some of these churches really need to modernize their approach. I was working on a project with my former company and it involved me reaching out to churches. It should be no surprise that many of these modern "mega church" operations have a .tv domain.

I think I said this earlier, but one of the things that we have to do is fire up our ethics committee in order to put together our triage plan. I hope it doesn't get to that point, but triaging the use of resources involves placing some sort of "value" on the individuals who need it. I have seen special needs being one of the weighting factors previously in place, not here, but I think there was a recent story in the SB Tribune about Indiana's policy.

If you have not already done so, reach out to the hospitals in your area to find out if they have a triage policy, and how they come to their value determination. If special needs is a part of their equation, you need to know that so you can choose a hospital that does not factor that in (if you ever have that need, hopefully not). If they don't or can't tell you what their policy is, reach out to whoever your local disability-rights center is. They may have that info available, or they can help provide some leverage in getting access to that info.

Sorry, that info is above my pay-grade. I don't think even the Incident Commander for HI-EMA knows what's in the strategic supply, though. It was a mystery.

I can tell you that our state-level inventory management is to a "T". We can see exactly what's going on with each facility, what their utilization is, etc. We deploy/re-deploy supplies based on need. Again, though, that's just us as a state.

I don't know much, but I do recognize the way us human beings need social interaction in order to survive. We have holidays that have been around for awhile in order to make everyone involved uncomfortable... (at least that's how I used to think). LOL
The evolution of our species has become a thing that we can't deny any longer. It is why we get sick to our stomachs when we hear of the atrocities that people do to one and another.
Let's cool our jet's and realize we are still the same thing that needs Love and Understanding... A Hug, a simple touch... like a hand shake. We are still human.
Why are we fighting the most natural way of our being for something we are yet to understand?....

Circa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Yesterday, 10:19 PM   #2207
ACamp1900
Mr. Congeniality

Cash: 100,101,108,711,617,264.00
Bank: 8,955,270,393,992,233.00
Total Bankroll: 109,056,379,105,609,504.00
Donate
ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Los Angeles Angels Cleveland Browns Pittsburgh Penguins Kansas Newcastle United USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
That post right there is Kern County in a nutshell.
Is a Kern County real, because I’m betting that post is fake

Last edited by ACamp1900; Yesterday at 10:30 PM..
ACamp1900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:29 PM   #2208
Irish YJ
Cannonball Coming

Cash: 19,473,648,186,546,224.00
Bank: 16,744,541,716,871,237,632.00
Total Bankroll: 16,764,015,365,057,781,760.00
Donate
Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Indiana Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACamp1900 View Post
Is a Kern County real, because I’m getting that post is fake
I did some googling on it, and it smells of trolls big time. The amount of dumb out there is probably about the same level of trolls these days, so who knows.
Old Yesterday, 10:34 PM   #2209
Irish YJ
Cannonball Coming

Cash: 19,473,648,186,546,224.00
Bank: 16,744,541,716,871,237,632.00
Total Bankroll: 16,764,015,365,057,781,760.00
Donate
Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Indiana Germany

I'm happy and all that with Irsay donating these, but if he can find them, why can't the states? Irsay also donated $1M to Gleaners as well. #Colts

Old Yesterday, 10:39 PM   #2210
Bluto
Starter

Cash: 200,000,024,189.04
Bank: 41,474,352,036,214.35
Total Bankroll: 41,674,352,060,403.39
Donate
Bluto should be giving advice to Kelly!Bluto should be giving advice to Kelly!Bluto should be giving advice to Kelly!Bluto should be giving advice to Kelly!Bluto should be giving advice to Kelly!Bluto should be giving advice to Kelly!Bluto should be giving advice to Kelly!Bluto should be giving advice to Kelly!Bluto should be giving advice to Kelly!Bluto should be giving advice to Kelly!Bluto should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
I didn’t mean to imply that the post/poster was real and or even from Kern County. It did remind me of Kern County in that I used to see that level of crazy/stupidity non stop from my old high school classmates before I deleted my social media accounts. Hence my comment.

If you’re ever bored read the comment sections from some articles or even better the letters to the editor of the Bakersfield Californian. The level of crazy/stupidity is something to behold.

Last edited by Bluto; Yesterday at 10:43 PM..
Bluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:54 PM   #2211
InKellyWeTrust
Freshman

Cash: 7,296.73
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 7,296.73
Donate
InKellyWeTrust should be giving advice to Kelly!InKellyWeTrust should be giving advice to Kelly!InKellyWeTrust should be giving advice to Kelly!InKellyWeTrust should be giving advice to Kelly!InKellyWeTrust should be giving advice to Kelly!InKellyWeTrust should be giving advice to Kelly!InKellyWeTrust should be giving advice to Kelly!InKellyWeTrust should be giving advice to Kelly!InKellyWeTrust should be giving advice to Kelly!InKellyWeTrust should be giving advice to Kelly!InKellyWeTrust should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofOahu View Post

The question that I have goes back to an earlier discussion on here about what our value of life is. We cannot live in this existence forever, that's obvious. For the states that do end up flattening the curve, assuming that getting COVID-19 really does build immunity to further SARS-CoV-2 infection, how long will we have to live with this upgraded vigilance? The states getting hammered will, in theory, have more people get over that hump. More die, but more recover and can move on.

For those of us who are flattening the curve, we have that many more people who still have to hit the exposure point. Assuming we can get some sort of vaccination or treatment in place, that's a minimum of 18 months. Does that mean I can't go see my grandma for eighteen months? My grandma is 84, it's not like she has that many months left. My wife and I are huge vector risks, though.
I share your thoughts, it's a dilemma for sure. And this has always been the issue with "flattening the curve". The necessity is obvious in the early stages but once you plateau and move beyond the peak, what then? How long do you hold the dam? There needs to be a systematic approach with IgG testing for health care workers and essential business at minimum and more thorough acute illness testing with contact tracing for regional outbreaks. This is a tiresome and costly battle but the alternative is months and months of economic ruin. We operated in the middle during the critical initiation phase and are now paying the price. Now the really hard decisions come. It's easy to tell people to shelter in place for a month but then how do we get back? Promising treatments are within reach. Hospitals are learning to how to handle the peak so handling secondary peaks should be more manageable. Lots of questions to be answered but testing in large numbers is still the key to all of it, at least from my understanding.
InKellyWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:51 AM   #2212
NDRock
Starter

Cash: 1,001,270,106.33
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 1,001,270,106.33
Donate
NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
One thing I do know is real, Reno Hightower was the best damn quarterback in the history of Kern County.