Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football > Other College Football
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:23 PM   #22
adm1n
Waterboy

Cash: 1,227.15
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 1,227.15
Donate
adm1n is on a distinguished road

A few other things

Hoke is recruiting defense because he knows that if he gets a good defense he can get good linemen and play power football. If you have good linemen on offense your skill players don't have to be very good and they will look good with a good line. Kelly is doing the same thing and he is adding his scheme to the offense side. He said he can't scheme defense.

Also, I think Hoke is selling playing time as many have said but that only works with the guys who are not elite. All elite guys think they can come in right away and start. See USC in 2007 when they have 7 five star RBs either on their roster or committed. That was when Marc Tyler committed there. Michigan can't sell PT to elite guys one reason why I think they won't get many. The other reason will be their record. I'd be surprised if they got more than 6 wins.
adm1n is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 07-11-2011, 05:55 PM   #23
koonja
Team Cleveland Steamers

Cash: 60,686,398.32
Bank: 11,452,366,437,842.48
Total Bankroll: 11,452,427,124,240.81
Donate
koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!
Notre Dame

Michgan's class is rock solid. If their class was ours, we'd be calling every guy the 'RKG' and raving about our class. If you don't think it's solid, you're in denial and having a hard time taking off the bias shades. The only question is if they keep it together.
koonja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 05:58 PM   #24
Cali_domer
John 3:16

Cash: 7,269.17
Bank: 161,166,777,038,654,816.00
Total Bankroll: 161,166,777,038,662,080.00
Donate
Cali_domer should be giving advice to Kelly!Cali_domer should be giving advice to Kelly!Cali_domer should be giving advice to Kelly!Cali_domer should be giving advice to Kelly!Cali_domer should be giving advice to Kelly!Cali_domer should be giving advice to Kelly!Cali_domer should be giving advice to Kelly!Cali_domer should be giving advice to Kelly!Cali_domer should be giving advice to Kelly!Cali_domer should be giving advice to Kelly!Cali_domer should be giving advice to Kelly!
Los Angeles Dodgers Indiana Pacers Los Angeles Kings Notre Dame Liverpool USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuehnja View Post
Michgan's class is rock solid. If their class was ours, we'd be calling every guy the 'RKG' and raving about our class. If you don't think it's solid, you're in denial and having a hard time taking off the bias shades. The only question is if they keep it together.
+1,If it was our class I would be tickled. It is a strong class and there is no denying it. It is still along way to signing day though.
Cali_domer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:31 PM   #25
NDPhilly
Philly Torqued

Cash: 35,407.43
Bank: 0.08
Total Bankroll: 35,407.51
Donate
NDPhilly should be giving advice to Kelly!NDPhilly should be giving advice to Kelly!NDPhilly should be giving advice to Kelly!NDPhilly should be giving advice to Kelly!NDPhilly should be giving advice to Kelly!NDPhilly should be giving advice to Kelly!NDPhilly should be giving advice to Kelly!NDPhilly should be giving advice to Kelly!NDPhilly should be giving advice to Kelly!NDPhilly should be giving advice to Kelly!NDPhilly should be giving advice to Kelly!
Philadelphia Phillies Philadelphia 76ers Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers Saint Josephs Chelsea USA

Went through Michigan's commitments and made list of who I would have liked ND to have gotten.

Jarrod Wilson- nice frame for a Safety and would have topped of our DB class very well
Tom Strobel- 6'6" DE that seems like if he has the athleticism would be a perfect fit as a OLB in our 3-4
James Ross- undersized MLB (5'11") that reminds me of Greg Jones from MSU
Erik Magnuson- Top 100 OL that any team would want
Kyle Kalis- top 50 OL that would probably be a guard with how we like our OT very athletic
Royce Jenkins-Stone - very athletic OLB that reminds me of David Perkins
Pharaoh Brown- another 6'6" DE that would fit well into our 3-4 as a OLB
Joe Bolden- our staff didnt offer him because he didnt match the 6'4" frame he wanted for LB but has solid offers
Blake Bars- OL with offers from LSU and Florida
Old 07-11-2011, 06:55 PM   #26
Old Man Mike
Fast as Lightning!

Cash: 40,051,925,691.43
Bank: 7,129,089,473,210,698.00
Total Bankroll: 7,129,129,525,136,389.00
Donate
Old Man Mike should be giving advice to Kelly!Old Man Mike should be giving advice to Kelly!Old Man Mike should be giving advice to Kelly!Old Man Mike should be giving advice to Kelly!Old Man Mike should be giving advice to Kelly!Old Man Mike should be giving advice to Kelly!Old Man Mike should be giving advice to Kelly!Old Man Mike should be giving advice to Kelly!Old Man Mike should be giving advice to Kelly!Old Man Mike should be giving advice to Kelly!Old Man Mike should be giving advice to Kelly!

Each to his own. I wouldn't trade our guys for theirs if I had a gun to my head. They have a few nice linemen, that's true. We've got two ourselves already, and Harrell impressed more than Magnuson at the Opening. but.....Shepard, Greenberry, Ferguson, Darby, Perkins, .... where's anything like that? Now along comes Okwara. [somebody who looks to be off the charts on current and forecasted strength and explosiveness]. By the time Kelly gets a few more verbals [like Peat, Day, etc etc], this will be out-of-sight.
Old Man Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:07 PM   #27
NDPhilly
Philly Torqued

Cash: 35,407.43
Bank: 0.08
Total Bankroll: 35,407.51
Donate
NDPhilly should be giving advice to Kelly!NDPhilly should be giving advice to Kelly!NDPhilly should be giving advice to Kelly!NDPhilly should be giving advice to Kelly!NDPhilly should be giving advice to Kelly!NDPhilly should be giving advice to Kelly!NDPhilly should be giving advice to Kelly!NDPhilly should be giving advice to Kelly!NDPhilly should be giving advice to Kelly!NDPhilly should be giving advice to Kelly!NDPhilly should be giving advice to Kelly!
Philadelphia Phillies Philadelphia 76ers Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers Saint Josephs Chelsea USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Mike View Post
Each to his own. I wouldn't trade our guys for theirs if I had a gun to my head. They have a few nice linemen, that's true. We've got two ourselves already, and Harrell impressed more than Magnuson at the Opening. but.....Shepard, Greenberry, Ferguson, Darby, Perkins, .... where's anything like that? Now along comes Okwara. [somebody who looks to be off the charts on current and forecasted strength and explosiveness]. By the time Kelly gets a few more verbals [like Peat, Day, etc etc], this will be out-of-sight.
oh I 100% agree with you. There not getting near the athletes that we are. I also think Okwara will have a Councellesque jump up the rankings once he shows himself at the shrine bowl.

Last edited by NDPhilly; 07-11-2011 at 07:10 PM..
NDPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:16 PM   #28
IrishLax
Playing with fire...

Cash: 67,601.94
Bank: 58,820,280,960,660,455,424.00
Total Bankroll: 58,820,280,960,660,512,768.00
Donate
IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!
Washington Nationals Washington Redskins Washington Capitals Notre Dame

Good snippet of their impact recruits. There is no denying that Michigan has a good class, but I also don't think they're world beaters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDPhilly View Post
Went through Michigan's commitments and made list of who I would have liked ND to have gotten.

Jarrod Wilson- nice frame for a Safety and would have topped of our DB class very well Agreed he would be a good capstone to the class but he is no better than Prosise imo. Just gets more pub because he plays in Ohio versus middle-of-nowhere VA. Watch their highlights and look at the ESPN profiles side by side if you don't believe me.
Tom Strobel- 6'6" DE that seems like if he has the athleticism would be a perfect fit as a OLB in our 3-4 To my knowledge never really pursued by staff
James Ross- undersized MLB (5'11") that reminds me of Greg Jones from MSU potential impact player, one of ND's few ILB offers, but size is definitely a question
Erik Magnuson- Top 100 OL that any team would want Definitely a good player, but totally sucked at the opening based on what I read today
Kyle Kalis- top 50 OL that would probably be a guard with how we like our OT very athletic Really far down on our "big board" from what I read at ISD and considered overrated
Royce Jenkins-Stone- very athletic OLB that reminds me of David Perkins NO OFFER (or from OSU)
Pharaoh Brown- another 6'6" DE that would fit well into our 3-4 as a OLB NO OFFER (or from OSU)
Joe Bolden- our staff didnt offer him because he didnt match the 6'4" frame he wanted for LB but has solid offers NO OFFER (or from OSU)
Blake Bars- OL with offers from LSU and Florida NO OFFER
Also, you left off Terry Richardson who (while talented) I would not take over Tee or Darby... or Reeves or Davis. Richardson, along with all of the other Michigan recruits, showed absolutely nothing at The Opening.

So to break it down... 4 of their impact recruits had no offer from us. They have two OL who are quite highly touted BUT the staff on ISD doesn't like Kalis very much at all and wouldn't take him over Harrel and Magnuson sucked when put up against good competition at The Opening. They have a safety == to Prosise. And they have a DE we never really pushed for (correct me if wrong) and James Rosse.

So of all of their super-awesome class they only have one guy, James Ross, who we would even really consider a "miss" for ND. I just don't see the "wow" players outside of maybe Ross... but again, there is no denying that this is a strong class with a lot of great depth pieces. Certainly not quaking in my boots right now though.
IrishLax is online now   Reply With Quote