Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

View Poll Results: Should Kelly Coach ND Next Year?
Yes 198 53.80%
No 170 46.20%
Voters: 368. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-06-2018, 12:21 AM   #8499
irishff1014
Legend

Cash: 2,101,639,449.75
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 2,101,639,449.75
Donate
irishff1014 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishff1014 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishff1014 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishff1014 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishff1014 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishff1014 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishff1014 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishff1014 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishff1014 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishff1014 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishff1014 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Atlanta Braves Washington Redskins Notre Dame

Well deserved Coach.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 12-06-2018, 01:14 AM   #8500
NorthDakota
I'm with Hillary 2020

Cash: 1,000,000,000,012,101.00
Total Bankroll: 1,000,000,000,012,101.00
Donate
NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!
Minnesota Twins Washington Wizards Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Notre Dame Liverpool Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circa View Post

via GIPHY

Smart shopping, retarded tools.
Haters can trash on his time at GVSU all they want. That man is hated by a decent chunk of North Dakota because of what he did there.

CBK owns. Time for the haters and losers to take their ass whoopings. This dude has done pretty much everything he was hired to do. Make ND relevant again. He has done it. He has done it in the age of semi-pro teams in the SEC, Ohio State, Michigan, etc.

A friend of mine went to run track at Columbia, a ****ing Ivy League school, she told me Notre Dame was her dream. I asked why she didn't go to Notre Dame then, her answer wasn't that she wasn't good enough, it was that "I'm not smart enough." If that doesn't tell you what ND is dealing with from a recruiting perspective, nothing will.
Old 12-06-2018, 01:38 AM   #8501
Circa
Conspire to keep It real

Cash: 343,070,311,933.12
Bank: 293,468,833,333,050.25
Total Bankroll: 293,811,903,644,983.38
Donate
Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!
Pittsburgh Pirates Cleveland Cavaliers San Francisco 49ers Pittsburgh Penguins Notre Dame 20 - Tony Stewart Liverpool USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthDakota View Post
Haters can trash on his time at GVSU all they want. That man is hated by a decent chunk of North Dakota because of what he did there.

CBK owns. Time for the haters and losers to take their ass whoopings. This dude has done pretty much everything he was hired to do. Make ND relevant again. He has done it. He has done it in the age of semi-pro teams in the SEC, Ohio State, Michigan, etc.

A friend of mine went to run track at Columbia, a ****ing Ivy League school, she told me Notre Dame was her dream. I asked why she didn't go to Notre Dame then, her answer wasn't that she wasn't good enough, it was that "I'm not smart enough." If that doesn't tell you what ND is dealing with from a recruiting perspective, nothing will.

via GIPHY

My idea was a weird smear on Harbor Freight tools...
Old 12-06-2018, 11:46 AM   #8502
irishfan
Irish Hoops Mod

Cash: 1,000,706,590.26
Total Bankroll: 1,000,706,590.26
Donate
irishfan should be giving advice to Kelly!irishfan should be giving advice to Kelly!irishfan should be giving advice to Kelly!irishfan should be giving advice to Kelly!irishfan should be giving advice to Kelly!irishfan should be giving advice to Kelly!irishfan should be giving advice to Kelly!irishfan should be giving advice to Kelly!irishfan should be giving advice to Kelly!irishfan should be giving advice to Kelly!irishfan should be giving advice to Kelly!
Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots Notre Dame

How many coaches would people pick over BK?

I think I have 5.

SEC: Saban, Jimbo, Smart
ACC: Dabo
B1G: none with Meyer gone (I would have picked Harbaugh coming into the season)
Big-12: none although Riley is close to a push
Pac-12: Petersen
irishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:50 AM   #8503
Polish Leppy 22
Starter

Cash: 1,000,158,628.76
Total Bankroll: 1,000,158,628.76
Donate
Polish Leppy 22 should be giving advice to Kelly!Polish Leppy 22 should be giving advice to Kelly!Polish Leppy 22 should be giving advice to Kelly!Polish Leppy 22 should be giving advice to Kelly!Polish Leppy 22 should be giving advice to Kelly!Polish Leppy 22 should be giving advice to Kelly!Polish Leppy 22 should be giving advice to Kelly!Polish Leppy 22 should be giving advice to Kelly!Polish Leppy 22 should be giving advice to Kelly!Polish Leppy 22 should be giving advice to Kelly!Polish Leppy 22 should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishfan View Post

I think I have 5.

Good point, and none of those guys are going to South Bend. That's why the guys calling for BK to be fired were out of their damn minds.

ND would've had another 8-4 season this year under someone like Steve Addazio or Justin Fuente if that happened.
Old 12-06-2018, 12:41 PM   #8504
ulukinatme
Holtz/Triumph in 2016!

Cash: 245,839.27
Bank: 400,883,137,208,960,640.00
Total Bankroll: 400,883,137,209,206,464.00
Donate
ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!
Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishfan View Post

I think I have 5.

Harbaugh, really? You would have taken Khakis even prior to this season? I questioned your whole list when I read that

I honestly wouldn't touch Jimbo or Smart. Jimbo seems slimy and outside of Winston his success has been limited. Smart is a decent coach, but if people question BK's playcalling at times what would they have said after Smart's Fake Punt in the SEC Championship game? He honestly should have run all over us last year with Chubb and Michel, but for whatever reason he didn't feed them as often as he should have. Both Smart and Jimbo are a strong "no" from me.

Saban is kind of a given, every program would love to have him, but he's not coming and I don't even know if he would work at ND. I think he'd be too handcuffed to really succeed here like he has at 'Bama. If we went back to 2010 and the choice was between Saban and BK I would take a chance with Saban, but I wouldn't oust BK today if it meant we could pickup Saban. There's just too many other factors involved.

Dabo is an interesting personality and he's a good coach, but he wouldn't come to ND either. Same thing for Petersen. Ultimately the question is "Would you pick them over BK?" I'm not sure. Neither is coming, but in a hypothetical situation I would keep BK I think. Either one of those guys might work at ND, but we don't really know for sure. BK has the experience and knows the job, and I'm confidant he knows what he needs to do now so that there are no more losing seasons. If I had to really choose either of these two (Or anyone from the above list) I think I'd take Petersen. He's been successful at both stops he's been to, and he's shown he can win the big games with less talent.
ulukinatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 02:29 PM   #8505
stlnd01
Team MVP

Cash: 50,070,326.25
Total Bankroll: 50,070,326.25
Donate
stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!

ND wouldn’t (and shouldn’t) touch Jimbo with a ten-foot pole. Slimeball. Same with Meyer.
Saban is 67. Pretty old to take on our job.
Petersen is very good but may not go for all the off-field duties that comes with Notre Dame.
Smart is doing good things at Georgia. I wouldn’t sweat his playcalling. But I do wonder how he’d fare without the type of recruits he’s had at Georgia and Bama.
Lincoln Riley is an interesting idea, but awful young. Needs to get this DC hire right.

No, Dabo, though I agree he wouldn’t come, is probably the only coach I might take for Notre Dame over Brian Kelly today. He is great.
stlnd01 is offline   Reply With Quote