Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Professional Teams
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 07-16-2018, 03:05 PM   #57
Irishman77
THE WOLF

Cash: 10,196.79
Bank: 9,286,839,125,481,228.00
Total Bankroll: 9,286,839,125,491,424.00
Donate
Irishman77 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishman77 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishman77 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishman77 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishman77 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishman77 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishman77 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishman77 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishman77 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishman77 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishman77 should be giving advice to Kelly!

Should have been done years ago. Great guy but the cardinal way has been rotting away with each year that passes under Matheny.

I wish him all the best but the beacon of the National League needs to be restored back to its winning heritage.
Irishman77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 07-16-2018, 03:24 PM   #58
irishknight35
Freshman

Cash: 200,000,031.95
Bank: 46,867,896,819.10
Total Bankroll: 47,067,896,851.05
Donate
irishknight35 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishknight35 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishknight35 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishknight35 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishknight35 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishknight35 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishknight35 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishknight35 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishknight35 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishknight35 should be giving advice to Kelly!irishknight35 should be giving advice to Kelly!
St Louis Cardinals St Louis Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishman77 View Post
Should have been done years ago. Great guy but the cardinal way has been rotting away with each year that passes under Matheny.

I wish him all the best but the beacon of the National League needs to be restored back to its winning heritage.
That's just it. It's not like they dissolved into continuous losing seasons or complete disaster 100 loss seasons. They had been middling and very inconsistent for three years straight now and this is a luxury that not many franchises have.

I agree a move needed to be made but the strength of the organization is still there even if the guy who was managing the team wasn't getting done.

I'm frankly more excited that Mabry was finally let go too. That was move way overdue IMO.
irishknight35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 04:15 PM   #59
Rogue219
Freshman

Cash: 1,743.77
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 1,743.77
Donate
Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Pittsburgh Pirates San Antonio Spurs Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Penguins West Virginia Liverpool USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishman77 View Post

He's not a great guy. In addition to being incompetent, he's also an ass wipe of a person. He had some good regular seasons at first, and even during those regular seasons his lack of tactical knowledge and poor decision making was obvious. He's always been a jerk, and he was a guy that didn't trust young players or give them a chance.

He remained in place despite not being a great guy and despite his failures. The only reason they finally chose to get rid of him was because his relationship with Dexter Fowler (there isn't one) and his allowing Bud Norris to harass Jordan Hicks constantly wasn't tolerable to the front office while they were .500

I'm glad he's gone because he's a baseball dinosaur and a bad guy. Plain and simple. They should consider finding someone good this winter and not someone who once played for the Cardinals. If that box MUST be checked, they'll keep getting more of the same.
Rogue219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 09:28 PM   #60
edgesofsanity
Freshman

Cash: 47,880,985.88
Bank: 23,814,963,753,003.28
Total Bankroll: 23,815,011,633,989.16
Donate
edgesofsanity should be giving advice to Kelly!edgesofsanity should be giving advice to Kelly!edgesofsanity should be giving advice to Kelly!edgesofsanity should be giving advice to Kelly!edgesofsanity should be giving advice to Kelly!edgesofsanity should be giving advice to Kelly!edgesofsanity should be giving advice to Kelly!edgesofsanity should be giving advice to Kelly!edgesofsanity should be giving advice to Kelly!edgesofsanity should be giving advice to Kelly!edgesofsanity should be giving advice to Kelly!

Thoughts? Feel like it's selling low on Weaver and Kelly, but still got to give it an A-.
edgesofsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 12:26 AM   #61
STLDomer
Schmitty

Cash: 7,672,198.71
Bank: 23,585,201.09
Total Bankroll: 31,257,399.80
Donate
STLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!STLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!STLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!STLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!STLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!STLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!STLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!STLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!STLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!STLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!STLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!
St Louis Cardinals St Louis Blues Notre Dame

Quote:
Thoughts? Feel like it's selling low on Weaver and Kelly, but still got to give it an A-.
I thought it was highway robbery. I understand the selling low comment since Kelly and Weaver both regressed but reality is Kelly won’t play very much this year again, so his stock won’t improve (should have traded last winter) and Weaver shows no signs of having a third pitch. Cards have a better catching prospect and 10 (10!) better starting pitchers at the moment. Both were expendable.

Now you get Harper. This should have no negative impact on Harper. If I hear at the presser this takes them out of the rest of the winter I will be disappointed. You sign Harper and let Ozuna walk after next year or find a way to package Fowler to the moon. There are a million ways to make it work. The Goldy trade got you at the table, now is the time to take it not just relax.
Old 12-06-2018, 01:39 AM   #62
Rack Em
Community Bod

Cash: 299,826,524,071.65
Bank: 131,947,876,307.66
Total Bankroll: 431,774,400,379.31
Donate
Rack Em should be giving advice to Kelly!Rack Em should be giving advice to Kelly!Rack Em should be giving advice to Kelly!Rack Em should be giving advice to Kelly!Rack Em should be giving advice to Kelly!Rack Em should be giving advice to Kelly!Rack Em should be giving advice to Kelly!Rack Em should be giving advice to Kelly!Rack Em should be giving advice to Kelly!Rack Em should be giving advice to Kelly!Rack Em should be giving advice to Kelly!
St Louis Cardinals

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLDomer View Post
I thought it was highway robbery. I understand the selling low comment since Kelly and Weaver both regressed but reality is Kelly won’t play very much this year again, so his stock won’t improve (should have traded last winter) and Weaver shows no signs of having a third pitch. Cards have a better catching prospect and 10 (10!) better starting pitchers at the moment. Both were expendable.

Now you get Harper. This should have no negative impact on Harper. If I hear at the presser this takes them out of the rest of the winter I will be disappointed. You sign Harper and let Ozuna walk after next year or find a way to package Fowler to the moon. There are a million ways to make it work. The Goldy trade got you at the table, now is the time to take it not just relax.
Trade Fowler anyway. Package him with a prospect and jettison that crappy contract.

I agree that the Cards made out like thieves. And the worst case scenario is that Goldy walks at years end and they get a compensation pick after a qualifying offer.
Rack Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 04:29 AM   #63
Circa
Conspire to keep It real

Cash: 343,070,311,930.12
Bank: 293,468,833,333,050.25
Total Bankroll: 293,811,903,644,980.38
Donate
Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!
Pittsburgh Pirates Cleveland Cavaliers San Francisco 49ers Pittsburgh Penguins Notre Dame 20 - Tony Stewart Liverpool USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack Em View Post
Alex Reyes............................................. ..........................

"You must let your heart break, only when the most innocent part of you suffers will there be change, or else nothing can be better." Hatfield/McCoy

Last edited by Circa; 12-06-2018 at 04:53 AM..
Circa is online now   Reply With Quote