Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2014 Recruiting Profiles
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 07-12-2019, 10:50 AM   #540
Irishcop
Freshman

Cash: 106,215.30
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 106,215.30
Donate
Irishcop should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishcop should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishcop should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishcop should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishcop should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishcop should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishcop should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishcop should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishcop should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishcop should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishcop should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritate Duce Progredi View Post
I'll give Malik the smallest bit of credit. He was unruly, didn't comply and instigated the entire thing but if he wanted to put that officer down, he could have. Easily.

He actually held back multiple times. And the "reach" for her gun appeared to be him just reaching. It looked like he was just trying to grab anything. It looks like he let off when he realized he touched her gun.

This was a guy who didn't want to comply but who also didn't want to hurt anyone.

Kudos to the officer for trying as hard as he could to avoid the conflict. He gave Malik 37 attempts to listen. You could tell the last thing the officer wanted, was to end up on the news.
I agree. My teammates and I watched this video and pretty much came to the same conclusion about Malik's' actions. Actively resisting yes, fighting no. Malik could have crushed that officer if he had wanted to, which I my opinion would have more that likely led to a deadly force situation.
Irishcop is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 07-12-2019, 12:07 PM   #541
dublinirish
Everestt Gholstonson

Cash: 14,225,332,228.68
Bank: 146,573,756,082.30
Total Bankroll: 160,799,088,310.98
Donate
dublinirish should be giving advice to Kelly!dublinirish should be giving advice to Kelly!dublinirish should be giving advice to Kelly!dublinirish should be giving advice to Kelly!dublinirish should be giving advice to Kelly!dublinirish should be giving advice to Kelly!dublinirish should be giving advice to Kelly!dublinirish should be giving advice to Kelly!dublinirish should be giving advice to Kelly!dublinirish should be giving advice to Kelly!dublinirish should be giving advice to Kelly!
Detroit Tigers Green Bay Packers Detroit Red Wings Eastern Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishcop View Post
I agree. My teammates and I watched this video and pretty much came to the same conclusion about Malik's' actions. Actively resisting yes, fighting no. Malik could have crushed that officer if he had wanted to, which I my opinion would have more that likely led to a deadly force situation.
the dude was high/drunk AF though, not sue how coordinated his attacks would have been
Old 07-12-2019, 01:01 PM   #542
NDBoiler
The Rep Machine

Cash: 990,001,016,582,760.38
Bank: 144,047,253,209,965,136.00
Total Bankroll: 145,037,254,226,547,904.00
Donate
NDBoiler should be giving advice to Kelly!NDBoiler should be giving advice to Kelly!NDBoiler should be giving advice to Kelly!NDBoiler should be giving advice to Kelly!NDBoiler should be giving advice to Kelly!NDBoiler should be giving advice to Kelly!NDBoiler should be giving advice to Kelly!NDBoiler should be giving advice to Kelly!NDBoiler should be giving advice to Kelly!NDBoiler should be giving advice to Kelly!NDBoiler should be giving advice to Kelly!
Indianapolis Colts Purdue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDCrusader View Post
The old . . . No comment comment routine. Well played, good execution.
You leave him alone, he’s 40, you know, and is wiser than everyone else here.
Old 07-12-2019, 01:02 PM   #543
Irishnuke
CFB Message Board Guy

Cash: 22,200,342,871,746,960.00
Bank: 16,407,679,756,808,568.00
Total Bankroll: 38,608,022,628,555,528.00
Donate
Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Chicago Bulls Indianapolis Colts Chicago Blackhawks Notre Dame

So we’re giving a guy credit for not beating the **** out of a cop?
Old 07-12-2019, 01:21 PM   #544
Luckylucci
Community Moderator

Cash: 201,614,737.81
Total Bankroll: 201,614,737.81
Donate
Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue219 View Post
Michigan State Football seems to have had some real winners under their flag in recent years.
A lot of these guys were Midwestern kids a lot of ND internet people just had to have.
What's really interesting, at least to me, is MSU did exactly what they shouldn't have done when they won big. They won 36 games between 13-'15', including 1 Rose Bowl and 1 Cotton Bowl victory. They parlayed that into one of their best recruiting classes in recent memory with the 16' class (9 top 250 prospects and an avg. player rating of 88.87).

In the following 3 seasons, they won 20 games. Missed bowl season in 16', won the Holiday bowl in 17', and lost the Redbox Bowl in 18'. So what happened? I'd argue that MSU got caught up in recruiting star rankings and not guys that were fits for that program. Or guys that they built that program around. The tough blue collar and developmental guys that they always seemed to do well with. Seems like a classic case of forgetting what got ya there.
Luckylucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 01:26 PM   #545
Irishcop
Freshman

Cash: 106,215.30
Total Bankroll: 106,215.30
Donate
Irishcop should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishcop should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishcop should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishcop should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishcop should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishcop should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishcop should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishcop should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishcop should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishcop should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishcop should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnuke View Post
So we’re giving a guy credit for not beating the **** out of a cop?
No, I'm not giving him credit. He shouldn't have resisted at all. I was just saying that it could have been a whole lot worse if Malik had wanted to fight. The officer no longer had possession of his tazer, ASP Baton probably wouldn't have been that effective. Not many force options after that except lethal force. There is always OC spray but that s*** effects everyone not just the suspect so a lot of officers are hesitant to use it.
Irishcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 01:27 PM   #546
ulukinatme
Holtz/Triumph in 2016!

Cash: 283,508.47
Bank: 10,108,036,714,481,649,664.00
Total Bankroll: 10,108,036,714,481,932,288.00
Donate
ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!ulukinatme should be giving advice to Kelly!
Notre Dame

You gotta wonder in hindsight if the mother was right all along. She wanted him out of Michigan and not to go to MSU where a lot of his friends would be going. Supposedly they were bad influences. Maybe he gets in with a better crowd and culture if he goes to a different school. Maybe he goes somewhere else and learns to make better life decisions, like not riding ATVs recklessly when you're in a rookie NFL contract. Decisions like that come about when you're not forced to develop critical thinking skills and academics are an afterthought. Other than getting drafted, you have to wonder if his life hasn't been a slow, downward spiral since signing with MSU.

Last edited by ulukinatme; 07-12-2019 at 01:30 PM..
ulukinatme is offline   Reply With Quote