Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Outside The Lines > The Leprechaun Lounge
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 06-19-2019, 08:22 AM   #267
Irish#1
Living Your Dream!

Cash: 4,001,762,082,678,943.50
Bank: 42,270,092,660,292,400.00
Total Bankroll: 46,271,854,742,971,344.00
Donate
Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!
New York Yankees Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish YJ View Post
Re-watched Yellowstone over the past few weeks in prep for S2 start on Wednesday. What a great show. Acting, writing, cinematography, casting, etc.. Looks from the previews this will start fast and stay fast. I was a little suspect of Costner on a TV show, but he's damn good as the patriarch.
Started watching Yellowstone. You're right, writing, cinematography and cast are all great. Up to S1 E8. Very good show with quite a few angles to keep you wondering. My only beef (small) was the scene in E8 where the Rangers horse got bit by a horse fly and she ends up impaled by the metal fence post. They could have come up with an injury that was more plausible.

As I'm watching last night it dawns on me that Yellowstone is a remake of 70's & 80's hit TV show "Dallas".

Watched City on a Hill with Kevin Bacon. Set in Boston in the early 90's when half the police force was corrupt and Whitey Bulger ruled. Bacon is a Boozing, connected FBI agent that works on the fringe. Boston law doesn't care for him. First episode wasn't bad. Will watch the next two or three to see if it goes anywhere. Damon and Affleck are executive producers.
Irish#1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 06-19-2019, 09:41 AM   #268
IrishLion
I am Beyonce, Always.

Cash: 31,550.75
Bank: 3,130,007,216,298,784,768.00
Total Bankroll: 3,130,007,216,298,816,512.00
Donate
IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!
Cincinnati Reds Cincinnati Bengals Cincinnati

I work on a college campus, and my work is basically at a stand-still during the summer aside from helping with workshops, so I've been binge-watching some shows on HBO for the past month that I missed during their regular run.

Vice Principals: Really enjoyed it. Had no idea it was written to be such a limited run. I could've watched 2 or 3 more seasons of Danny McBride and Walton Goggins doing their thing. The first season was okay; I think they were going for "such irreverent, terrible people that it's funny," but I don't think they quite hit the mark. Still really liked it, though. Season two was outstanding and hilarious, and they did a much better job with pulling the humor from how terrible these people are.

VEEP: Really enjoyed it. Very clever humor... kind of obnoxious when you can tell that the actors and writers *know* how clever things are, but still very good. Mike McClintock might be in my top-5 favorite TV characters of all time. Gary Walsh is perfect. The chick from "My Girl" all grown up with a potty mouth is awesome. Honestly thought the show kind of fizzled over the final season, though. Political story lines just run out of impact, even when they're over-the-top funny or ridiculous. Same thing happened to House of Cards. The political intrigue was getting stale, so they jumped the shark and the show lost some (most) of its shine.

Barry: Awesome so far. Bill Hader gets better with each episode. Currently midway through season 2... WTF with the karate dude and his daughter? The whole episode was hilarious, but it felt like a fever dream. I expected the next episode to start with Barry having been at his desk writing his own script or something.
IrishLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 11:10 AM   #269
Irish#1
Living Your Dream!

Cash: 4,001,762,082,678,943.50
Bank: 42,270,092,660,292,400.00
Total Bankroll: 46,271,854,742,971,344.00
Donate
Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!
New York Yankees Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLion View Post
I work on a college campus, and my work is basically at a stand-still during the summer aside from helping with workshops, so I've been binge-watching some shows on HBO for the past month that I missed during their regular run.

Vice Principals: Really enjoyed it. Had no idea it was written to be such a limited run. I could've watched 2 or 3 more seasons of Danny McBride and Walton Goggins doing their thing. The first season was okay; I think they were going for "such irreverent, terrible people that it's funny," but I don't think they quite hit the mark. Still really liked it, though. Season two was outstanding and hilarious, and they did a much better job with pulling the humor from how terrible these people are.

VEEP: Really enjoyed it. Very clever humor... kind of obnoxious when you can tell that the actors and writers *know* how clever things are, but still very good. Mike McClintock might be in my top-5 favorite TV characters of all time. Gary Walsh is perfect. The chick from "My Girl" all grown up with a potty mouth is awesome. Honestly thought the show kind of fizzled over the final season, though. Political story lines just run out of impact, even when they're over-the-top funny or ridiculous. Same thing happened to House of Cards. The political intrigue was getting stale, so they jumped the shark and the show lost some (most) of its shine.

Barry: Awesome so far. Bill Hader gets better with each episode. Currently midway through season 2... WTF with the karate dude and his daughter? The whole episode was hilarious, but it felt like a fever dream. I expected the next episode to start with Barry having been at his desk writing his own script or something.
I've watched a couple of episodes of Veep and liked it, but the wife didn't so I haven't had a chance to revisit.

Barry is great. That little girl kicked his as$! lol
Irish#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 11:50 AM   #270
Irish YJ
Cannonball Coming

Cash: 475,648,186,467,847.19
Bank: 4,819,083,182,213,763,072.00
Total Bankroll: 4,819,558,830,400,231,424.00
Donate
Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Indiana Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish#1 View Post
Started watching Yellowstone. You're right, writing, cinematography and cast are all great. Up to S1 E8. Very good show with quite a few angles to keep you wondering. My only beef (small) was the scene in E8 where the Rangers horse got bit by a horse fly and she ends up impaled by the metal fence post. They could have come up with an injury that was more plausible.

As I'm watching last night it dawns on me that Yellowstone is a remake of 70's & 80's hit TV show "Dallas".

Watched City on a Hill with Kevin Bacon. Set in Boston in the early 90's when half the police force was corrupt and Whitey Bulger ruled. Bacon is a Boozing, connected FBI agent that works on the fringe. Boston law doesn't care for him. First episode wasn't bad. Will watch the next two or three to see if it goes anywhere. Damon and Affleck are executive producers.
Yup, Yellowstones has a ton of angles. So many good characters with interesting back stories. I'm a little bummed they killed off my favorite bad guy. Terrific actor. Looking forward to tonight's premiere. I know there is a lot of chatter comparing Yellowstone to Dallas, but I just don't feel it. Except for the whole family dynasty and patriarch thing, which is similar to a lot of shows, not that similar to me. Costner isn't Jock, there is now JR lol, etc.. I wasn't a fan of Kelly Reilly until this show. Love her character and she plays it well. Love Rip's character, and also enjoy the Jimmy story line. Danny Houston is always good.

I really liked City on a Hill. Thought E1 was very good, but a lot of set up. Lot of good actors. Big fan of Hodge, Tucker, and Chapman.

Check out Succession on HBO if you haven't yet. The writing/dialog/pace reminds me a lot of Billions. S2 coming later this summer. Great cast. Also, Big Little Lies is pretty damn good for a chickish show. I promise you the wife will love it. It's got terrific writing, cinematography, casting, etc., and several of the chicks aren't hard to look at lol. Great music too. Just watched S2E2 and everything looks like it's going to hit the fan.
Old 06-19-2019, 12:25 PM   #271
ACamp1900
Mr. Congeniality

Cash: 100,101,109,470,511,552.00
Bank: 2,423,635,845,723,354.50
Total Bankroll: 102,524,745,316,234,912.00
Donate
ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Los Angeles Angels Cleveland Browns Pittsburgh Penguins Kansas Newcastle United USA

A bunch of History's Mysteries just dropped on YouTube in April. Just found out and have been binge watching like nobody’s business,... so good
Old 06-19-2019, 12:41 PM   #272
NDCrusader
Legend

Cash: 2,000,000,101,023,208,192.00
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 2,000,000,101,023,208,192.00
Donate
NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!NDCrusader should be giving advice to Kelly!

Anybody see Jeff Ross' Historical Roasts?

I watched the Abe Lincoln episode.
NDCrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 12:26 AM   #273
zelezo vlk
Legend

Cash: 113,765,071,343.58
Bank: 804,062,080,667,788.38
Total Bankroll: 804,175,845,739,132.00
Donate
zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!zelezo vlk should be giving advice to Kelly!
St Louis Cardinals Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears

Cowboy Bebop on Hulu

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
zelezo vlk is offline   Reply With Quote