Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Outside The Lines > The Leprechaun Lounge
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 07-11-2019, 09:46 AM   #337
IrishLion
I am Beyonce, Always.

Cash: 31,147.44
Bank: 3,130,007,216,298,784,768.00
Total Bankroll: 3,130,007,216,298,816,512.00
Donate
IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!
Cincinnati Reds Cincinnati Bengals Cincinnati

Quote:
Originally Posted by GATTACA! View Post
Did they really spend that much time on it? All I remember is her answering the door a couple times.

Also what is really added by them banging? Instead we got her deciding not to go through with it and see her trying to be a better mother and wife later on in the season.

It's been out almost a week. What are you doing spending time with your wife and kids or something?? Get you priorities straight bro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthDakota View Post
Nothing added by them banging. I'm glad they didnt. Just wish we could have seen her have that conversation with a regular Billy instead of possessed Billy.

Bring back Billy please. Best character on the show.
Quote:
Fair enough. I actually really liked how you could tell Billy was fighting the possession and forcing himself to scream at her because he didn't want her to get hurt.

I do think a scene of them talking about it could have been cool too though.
I wasn't saying that they needed to bang it out to redeem the story line. I just thought that it was a relatively shallow part of the plot that seemed to be built up into a big deal, when really there was almost zero substance. They flashed "fuck me" eyes back-and-forth a few times, then they set up a meeting... just so Billy can be on the road on that night and so we see that Mrs. Wheeler isn't an adulterer after all?

It needed to be more fleshed out for the "Mrs. Wheeler still loves her family" angle to have any purpose, and for Billy's crash on the way to the meeting to seem more tragic, IMO.

Billy's redemption in the end would have been waaaaaay more badass had they spent more time humanizing his mental/personality issues in almost any other way.
IrishLion is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 07-12-2019, 01:35 AM   #338
Irish YJ
Cannonball Coming

Cash: 475,648,186,466,808.94
Bank: 4,724,591,355,111,531,520.00
Total Bankroll: 4,725,067,003,297,997,824.00
Donate
Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Indiana Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkIrish View Post
Season 2 was incredible. As good as S1. It might be my favorite show.
I love S2 so far. I was highly suspect of going into S2 given how great S1 was. I can't say it's as good as S1, but I think that's more because now I expect some of the things that happen. In S1, I was just in permanent "mind blown" status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkIrish View Post
You can watch it dubbed but I honestly wouldn't bother unless you have the time and patience to watch in German with subtitles. The German actors are so good and you would lose a lot of powerful emotional moments doing it that way.
I think you can make a case for both. I agree listening to the dubbed version can detract from the acting, but I think focusing on the subtitles can detract from the story. The story is so complex at times, it's brain numbing trying to keep up with the connections, history, twists, etc..

I've watched S1 both ways. I enjoyed both. While I preferred the acting in the subbed version, it was much easier to watch/follow when dubbed. I'm actually surprised someone hasn't bought the rights to make an English version. If they haven't already, I'd bet it's coming.

Quote:
Did that show get dubbed? I remember seeing it pop up on Netflix a while ago and I was going to give it a shot before I realized it was all in German (?), but I just went and watched the trailer and it's in English?
I'd say try it both ways and stick with what's best for you. Do S1E1 in German, then do E2 dubbed. Either way, it's a phenomenal show. IMO, much better than Stranger Things, and I love Stranger Things.
Old 07-12-2019, 02:35 AM   #339
NorthDakota
I'm with Hillary 2020

Cash: 1,000,000,000,024,807.88
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 1,000,000,000,024,807.88
Donate
NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!
Minnesota Twins Washington Wizards Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Notre Dame Liverpool Germany

Ok might be some dumb question... but even as a big fan of the Kraut language, why would anyone watch Stranger Things in German subtitles when English is your native tongue?

Did they make a legit German version of the show?
Old 07-12-2019, 02:55 AM   #340
Irish YJ
Cannonball Coming

Cash: 475,648,186,466,808.94
Bank: 4,724,591,355,111,531,520.00
Total Bankroll: 4,725,067,003,297,997,824.00
Donate
Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Indiana Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthDakota View Post
Ok might be some dumb question... but even as a big fan of the Kraut language, why would anyone watch Stranger Things in German subtitles when English is your native tongue?

Did they make a legit German version of the show?
we're talking about the show "Dark"
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5753856/

sorry, i was comparing them, didn't mean to confuse.
Old 07-12-2019, 04:01 AM   #341
GATTACA!
It's about to get gross

Cash: 100,066,889,658,864.27
Bank: 209,362,970,861,007,568,896.00
Total Bankroll: 209,363,070,927,897,231,360.00
Donate
GATTACA! should be giving advice to Kelly!GATTACA! should be giving advice to Kelly!GATTACA! should be giving advice to Kelly!GATTACA! should be giving advice to Kelly!GATTACA! should be giving advice to Kelly!GATTACA! should be giving advice to Kelly!GATTACA! should be giving advice to Kelly!GATTACA! should be giving advice to Kelly!GATTACA! should be giving advice to Kelly!GATTACA! should be giving advice to Kelly!GATTACA! should be giving advice to Kelly!
Cleveland Indians Cleveland Cavaliers Cleveland Browns New Jersey Devils Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish YJ View Post
I love S2 so far. I was highly suspect of going into S2 given how great S1 was. I can't say it's as good as S1, but I think that's more because now I expect some of the things that happen. In S1, I was just in permanent "mind blown" status.

I think you can make a case for both. I agree listening to the dubbed version can detract from the acting, but I think focusing on the subtitles can detract from the story. The story is so complex at times, it's brain numbing trying to keep up with the connections, history, twists, etc..

I've watched S1 both ways. I enjoyed both. While I preferred the acting in the subbed version, it was much easier to watch/follow when dubbed. I'm actually surprised someone hasn't bought the rights to make an English version. If they haven't already, I'd bet it's coming.

I'd say try it both ways and stick with what's best for you. Do S1E1 in German, then do E2 dubbed. Either way, it's a phenomenal show. IMO, much better than Stranger Things, and I love Stranger Things.
I think I'm just gonna stick with the dubbed version. I just don't care for subtitles. Makes me feel like I'm doing a chore instead of enjoying a show. Also prevents me from doing other tasks, if I'm sitting there drawing I can't be laser focused on the screen.

Anybody watch Handmaids Tale? Me and the wife are 8 or so episodes in. Seems pretty good, but it's certainly not living up to the hype I had been hearing. I think I'm struggling with the base premise being so absurd and the fact that I hate every single character.
GATTACA! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 09:30 AM   #342
NorthDakota
I'm with Hillary 2020

Cash: 1,000,000,000,024,807.88
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 1,000,000,000,024,807.88
Donate
NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!
Minnesota Twins Washington Wizards Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Notre Dame Liverpool Germany

Quote:
we're talking about the show "Dark"
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5753856/

sorry, i was comparing them, didn't mean to confuse.
Ooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhh lmao ok now I'm following
Old 07-12-2019, 11:57 AM   #343
gkIrish
Community Mod/Greek God

Cash: 3,150.76
Bank: 200,905,691,084,074,432.00
Total Bankroll: 200,905,691,084,077,536.00
Donate
gkIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!gkIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!gkIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!gkIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!gkIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!gkIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!gkIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!gkIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!gkIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!gkIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!gkIrish should be giving advice to Kelly!
New York Yankees New York Knicks New York Giants New York Rangers Manchester United USA

Quote:
The last 2 episodes get crazy. You will like it even more after you finish.
gkIrish is offline   Reply With Quote