Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 04-15-2019, 06:49 PM   #120
ND88
Freshman

Cash: 504,000,000,015,690.56
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 504,000,000,015,690.56
Donate
ND88 should be giving advice to Kelly!ND88 should be giving advice to Kelly!ND88 should be giving advice to Kelly!ND88 should be giving advice to Kelly!ND88 should be giving advice to Kelly!ND88 should be giving advice to Kelly!ND88 should be giving advice to Kelly!ND88 should be giving advice to Kelly!ND88 should be giving advice to Kelly!ND88 should be giving advice to Kelly!ND88 should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me2SouthBend View Post
Do you ever get tired of writing posts ripping Bilal? Because I sure get tired of reading them.
It’s easier to just ignore. It’s like playing pickup basketball with that one friend who can’t stop bragging about his handles. Just let him dribble it out between his legs, get the ball back, then score.

Damn, we have a long way to go until the season starts. It needs to happen now. I can’t wait.

Last edited by ND88; 04-15-2019 at 06:53 PM..
ND88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 04-16-2019, 12:47 PM   #121
Polish Leppy 22
Starter

Cash: 1,000,161,346.93
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 1,000,161,346.93
Donate
Polish Leppy 22 should be giving advice to Kelly!Polish Leppy 22 should be giving advice to Kelly!Polish Leppy 22 should be giving advice to Kelly!Polish Leppy 22 should be giving advice to Kelly!Polish Leppy 22 should be giving advice to Kelly!Polish Leppy 22 should be giving advice to Kelly!Polish Leppy 22 should be giving advice to Kelly!Polish Leppy 22 should be giving advice to Kelly!Polish Leppy 22 should be giving advice to Kelly!Polish Leppy 22 should be giving advice to Kelly!Polish Leppy 22 should be giving advice to Kelly!

A whole lot can change between now and September, but...

1) Book and the offense will put up numbers and they will need to

2) Oline, WR, TE, and RB will all be better than 2018

3) ND doesn't have a solid Mike LB

4) D line will be fun to watch

5) If ND needs to rely on either kicker to win a close one, there will be trouble
Old 04-17-2019, 10:10 AM   #122
Some Irish Bloke
Five foot nothin'

Cash: 2,868.89
Bank: 185,216,783.85
Total Bankroll: 185,219,652.74
Donate
Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!
Detroit Tigers Detroit Pistons Green Bay Packers Detroit Red Wings Notre Dame

Being at the game, even in warm ups the ball comes out of Phil's release awkwardly and the spin was inconsistent.

I definitely think it's way too early to worry too much about this. On my way home from the game, I shared the thought that NDC mentioned: the staff either needs to fix that motion quickly or stop toying with it altogether. I've seen his highlights, I watched several of his live games when he was in HS, and the dude could throw dimes all over the field at every level. What I saw Saturday was not the same QB. Also like the Kizer comparisons. Remember in the Spring game when he threw a hook route in the dirt barely beyond the LOS?

It's super early to be worrying about ST, but I'm nervous as all hell for the youngsters kicking the ball. Bramblett was wildly inconsistent and Doerer actually looked more comfortable than I anticipated, then dinged one off the post from mid 30's range.

I think our D is in for a better year than most think. The LBs will sort themselves out come fall camp, and we have outstanding playmakers at DB and DL to make up for the learning curve. Paul Moala impressed me on Saturday.
Old 04-17-2019, 10:16 AM   #123
IrishLion
I am Beyonce, Always.

Cash: 38,306.23
Bank: 403,760,501,497,238,784.00
Total Bankroll: 403,760,501,497,277,184.00
Donate
IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLion should be giving advice to Kelly!
Cincinnati Reds Cincinnati Bengals Cincinnati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post
Being at the game, even in warm ups the ball comes out of Phil's release awkwardly and the spin was inconsistent.

I definitely think it's way too early to worry too much about this. On my way home from the game, I shared the thought that NDC mentioned: the staff either needs to fix that motion quickly or stop toying with it altogether. I've seen his highlights, I watched several of his live games when he was in HS, and the dude could throw dimes all over the field at every level. What I saw Saturday was not the same QB. Also like the Kizer comparisons. Remember in the Spring game when he threw a hook route in the dirt barely beyond the LOS?

It's super early to be worrying about ST, but I'm nervous as all hell for the youngsters kicking the ball. Bramblett was wildly inconsistent and Doerer actually looked more comfortable than I anticipated, then dinged one off the post from mid 30's range.

I think our D is in for a better year than most think. The LBs will sort themselves out come fall camp, and we have outstanding playmakers at DB and DL to make up for the learning curve. Paul Moala impressed me on Saturday.
Watching him throw in the stadium, it almost seemed like a tremendous effort for him to put the necessary arm strength on throws whenever he was passing the ball, regardless of what level of the field he was targeting.

There were a few throws to the sidelines where he was putting air under it to get the ball out there, there were a couple where WR's were waiting for the ball to arrive, and there were several throws where he was trying to put the ball down field over the WR's shoulders, but couldn't push it out there.

I know from his film that he's got all the arm strength he needs, so it was concerning to see him struggle not just with the processing, but also to see the ball dying in the air so often.

Maybe it's all attributed to the disruption in his rhythm because of how poor the second OL played, though. He had been getting near rave reviews about his deep ball after almost every practice.
IrishLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 12:20 PM   #124
matman4593
Waterboy

Cash: 405.37
Bank: 1,897.55
Total Bankroll: 2,302.92
Donate
matman4593 should be giving advice to Kelly!matman4593 should be giving advice to Kelly!matman4593 should be giving advice to Kelly!matman4593 should be giving advice to Kelly!matman4593 should be giving advice to Kelly!matman4593 should be giving advice to Kelly!matman4593 should be giving advice to Kelly!matman4593 should be giving advice to Kelly!matman4593 should be giving advice to Kelly!matman4593 should be giving advice to Kelly!matman4593 should be giving advice to Kelly!

It was insanely windy at the spring game which obviously affected some of the deep throws.
matman4593 is offline   Reply With Quote