Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Outside The Lines > The Leprechaun Lounge
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 03-14-2019, 03:34 PM   #106
wizards8507
Wizstradamus

Cash: 1,100,097,321.12
Bank: 6.56
Total Bankroll: 1,100,097,327.68
Donate
wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots Boston Bruins Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by koonja View Post
This is ~15% accurate by my estimation. I'll be the source of truth.

Didn't you also try to steer me away from my first rental investment, that I cashed for a tax free net of $71,000 after 3 years? And I did that just for sh!ts and gigs.

You're fired.
Weren't you a grown man with three roommates at the time?
wizards8507 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 03-14-2019, 03:39 PM   #107
koonja
Team Cleveland Steamers

Cash: 60,704,204.57
Bank: 20,744,376,612,582.44
Total Bankroll: 20,744,437,316,787.02
Donate
koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!koonja should be giving advice to Kelly!
Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizards8507 View Post
Yep.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:40 PM   #108
Me2SouthBend
Freshman

Cash: 1,737.11
Bank: 54,827,716,335,657,080.00
Total Bankroll: 54,827,716,335,658,816.00
Donate
Me2SouthBend should be giving advice to Kelly!Me2SouthBend should be giving advice to Kelly!Me2SouthBend should be giving advice to Kelly!Me2SouthBend should be giving advice to Kelly!Me2SouthBend should be giving advice to Kelly!Me2SouthBend should be giving advice to Kelly!Me2SouthBend should be giving advice to Kelly!Me2SouthBend should be giving advice to Kelly!Me2SouthBend should be giving advice to Kelly!Me2SouthBend should be giving advice to Kelly!Me2SouthBend should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizards8507 View Post
With a basketball trophy on the mantle in the apartment.
Me2SouthBend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 03:40 PM   #109
ACamp1900
Mr. Congeniality

Cash: 100,001,109,467,876,048.00
Bank: 220,722,488,520,562.81
Total Bankroll: 100,221,831,956,396,608.00
Donate
ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Los Angeles Angels Cleveland Browns Pittsburgh Penguins Kansas Newcastle United USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me2SouthBend View Post
With a basketball trophy on the mantle in the apartment.
"For almost dunking"
Old 03-14-2019, 04:23 PM   #110
Ndaccountant
Old Hoss

Cash: 2,000,000,000,000,087.75
Bank: 17,230,304,721,132,684.00
Total Bankroll: 19,230,304,721,132,772.00
Donate
Ndaccountant should be giving advice to Kelly!Ndaccountant should be giving advice to Kelly!Ndaccountant should be giving advice to Kelly!Ndaccountant should be giving advice to Kelly!Ndaccountant should be giving advice to Kelly!Ndaccountant should be giving advice to Kelly!Ndaccountant should be giving advice to Kelly!Ndaccountant should be giving advice to Kelly!Ndaccountant should be giving advice to Kelly!Ndaccountant should be giving advice to Kelly!Ndaccountant should be giving advice to Kelly!
Cleveland Indians Cleveland Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by koonja View Post
This is ~15% accurate by my estimation. I'll be the source of truth.

Didn't you also try to steer me away from my first rental investment, that I cashed for a tax free net of $71,000 after 3 years? And I did that just for sh!ts and gigs.

You're fired.
You should take some of that and repay Verizon for the educational expenses you fleeced them on.
Ndaccountant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 07:59 PM   #111
NCDomer
Blue Chip Recruit

Cash: 14,918.26
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 14,918.26
Donate
NCDomer is a fountain of informationNCDomer is a fountain of informationNCDomer is a fountain of informationNCDomer is a fountain of informationNCDomer is a fountain of informationNCDomer is a fountain of informationNCDomer is a fountain of informationNCDomer is a fountain of informationNCDomer is a fountain of informationNCDomer is a fountain of informationNCDomer is a fountain of information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
Seems to be very common. You can buy your dream vacation home and rent it out to cover expenses; but you aren't going to make any money on it, dealing with renters will be a constant headache, and you'll only be able to use the property off-season. Still a pretty good deal for most people, but not the "can't miss" investment many seem to expect going in.
People need to have realistic expectations. The overall strategy seems ok if you accept that you're acquiring the value of an asset by having others live there and pay off the mortgage. One of my family properties was used as a rental until they retired. No real frills to the place. Once they retired, they remodeled it into what they wanted.

Separately, I'd use some caution when buying coastal properties. Don't buy in areas that are prone to flooding because that can cause a continual remodeling effort and a drag on costs. My family always looked at topography maps and visited any areas coastal areas after some storms to get an idea of where damage seemed to occur before buying anything.
NCDomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:25 PM   #112
Irish YJ
Cannonball Coming

Cash: 675,648,186,324,329.25
Bank: 524,704,738,793,903,936.00
Total Bankroll: 525,380,386,980,228,288.00
Donate
Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Indiana Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCDomer View Post
People need to have realistic expectations. The overall strategy seems ok if you accept that you're acquiring the value of an asset by having others live there and pay off the mortgage. One of my family properties was used as a rental until they retired. No real frills to the place. Once they retired, they remodeled it into what they wanted.

Separately, I'd use some caution when buying coastal properties. Don't buy in areas that are prone to flooding because that can cause a continual remodeling effort and a drag on costs. My family always looked at topography maps and visited any areas coastal areas after some storms to get an idea of where damage seemed to occur before buying anything.
agree on the flooding issue. topography mapping is pretty easy to come by these days, but a quick call to an in-area insurance guy can give you great/quick feedback as well. i'd do both for anything you look at seriously.

also, "life proof" any property close to water. tile the floors as much as possible. the porcelain wood tiles are great looking if you want the wood look/feel. hardwoods, cheap shit, and carpet will be a revolving expense. same goes with counter tops in the kitchen and bathroom. If you can limit things to a fresh coat of paint every once in a while, it's very manageable. and second-hand / craigslist is your best friend when it comes to furniture and decorating. folks are always turning over very nice furniture in beach areas as they buy and sell properties.