Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2015 Recruiting Profiles
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 12-05-2014, 09:43 AM   #1086
BleedBlueGold
Starter

Cash: 1,000,015,132,336.78
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 1,000,015,132,336.78
Donate
BleedBlueGold should be giving advice to Kelly!BleedBlueGold should be giving advice to Kelly!BleedBlueGold should be giving advice to Kelly!BleedBlueGold should be giving advice to Kelly!BleedBlueGold should be giving advice to Kelly!BleedBlueGold should be giving advice to Kelly!BleedBlueGold should be giving advice to Kelly!BleedBlueGold should be giving advice to Kelly!BleedBlueGold should be giving advice to Kelly!BleedBlueGold should be giving advice to Kelly!BleedBlueGold should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by koonja View Post
Alford's the last guy I want to lose outside of BK, but to play devil's advocate, it's not like any of the WR/RBs outside of TJ Jones, Will Fuller, orTheo Riddick have been big over achievers. Overall, I've been pretty disappointed with the WR play and the fact that our RBs haven't lived up to the hype outside of Theo and have such trouble pass protecting.

JMO.
Your "JMO" disclaimer doesn't make this ignorant post safe from criticism.

Alford came to ND in 2009 as a RB coach. During such time, he's coached RBs and WRs. Armando Allen, Jonas Gray, Robert Hughes, Theo Riddick, Cierre Wood, Shaq Evans, Michael Floyd, TJ Jones, and George Atkinson III are all playing (or have played) in the NFL. Obviously, Coach Alford isn't the sol reason for these guys getting into the league. But that is quite the resume while being at ND and that doesn't include the current players on the roster who will suit up on Sundays or any TEs he may have worked with occasionally in the passing game.

I know you're not bashing Alford and the pass protection issue has been a mainstay (although I think BK has something to do with it). But to say you've been disappointed with RB/WR during Alford's time at ND is ridiculous.

Sorry for the derailment. Back to Te'Von.
BleedBlueGold is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 12-05-2014, 09:48 AM   #1087
koonja

Cash: 0
Bank: 0
Total Bankroll: 0
Donate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlueGold View Post
Your "JMO" disclaimer doesn't make this ignorant post safe from criticism.

Alford came to ND in 2009 as a RB coach. During such time, he's coached RBs and WRs. Armando Allen, Jonas Gray, Robert Hughes, Theo Riddick, Cierre Wood, Shaq Evans, Michael Floyd, TJ Jones, and George Atkinson III are all playing (or have played) in the NFL. Obviously, Coach Alford isn't the sol reason for these guys getting into the league. But that is quite the resume while being at ND and that doesn't include the current players on the roster who will suit up on Sundays or any TEs he may have worked with occasionally in the passing game.

I know you're not bashing Alford and the pass protection issue has been a mainstay (although I think BK has something to do with it). But to say you've been disappointed with RB/WR during Alford's time at ND is ridiculous.

Sorry for the derailment. Back to Te'Von.
Allen, Jonas Gray, Robert Hughes, Cierre Wood, George Atkinson, were all 4 star guys. Did they live up the the hype? Jones didn't do squat until the final year, GAIII was a bust, Cierre was an under achiever, Allen was one of my favorite but too small to be a great player, Shaq Evans did nothing at ND, Floyd was going to be a stud no matter what.

Jonas is having a run with the Patriots (albeit not seeing the field this week I believe), but where was that at ND? GAIII, Cierre, Hughes, Allen, will all likely not last in the NFL or are already out.

Call my post ignorant all you want, I couldn't care less. But I don't see how he's gotten the most out of the talent above.
Old 12-05-2014, 10:07 AM   #1088
ResLife Hero
Team MVP

Cash: 30,365.60
Bank: 3,865,395,477,382,158,848.00
Total Bankroll: 3,865,395,477,382,189,056.00
Donate
ResLife Hero should be giving advice to Kelly!ResLife Hero should be giving advice to Kelly!ResLife Hero should be giving advice to Kelly!ResLife Hero should be giving advice to Kelly!ResLife Hero should be giving advice to Kelly!ResLife Hero should be giving advice to Kelly!ResLife Hero should be giving advice to Kelly!ResLife Hero should be giving advice to Kelly!ResLife Hero should be giving advice to Kelly!ResLife Hero should be giving advice to Kelly!ResLife Hero should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Los Angeles Lakers Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishTP View Post
I believe that is untrue and Rivals got a little ahead of themselves with reporting he signed the Aid agreement.
Not sure if Loy has new information, but he's saying all 4 have signed now

ResLife Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 10:13 AM   #1089
PANDFAN
Look Down

Cash: 511,104,016,803.15
Bank: 331,447,024,396,507.12
Total Bankroll: 331,958,128,413,310.25
Donate
PANDFAN should be giving advice to Kelly!PANDFAN should be giving advice to Kelly!PANDFAN should be giving advice to Kelly!PANDFAN should be giving advice to Kelly!PANDFAN should be giving advice to Kelly!PANDFAN should be giving advice to Kelly!PANDFAN should be giving advice to Kelly!PANDFAN should be giving advice to Kelly!PANDFAN should be giving advice to Kelly!PANDFAN should be giving advice to Kelly!PANDFAN should be giving advice to Kelly!
Philadelphia 76ers Indianapolis Colts Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishTP View Post
I believe that is untrue and Rivals got a little ahead of themselves with reporting he signed the Aid agreement.
that they can talk unlimited now? or just that he signed?
Old 12-05-2014, 11:08 AM   #1090
IrishLax
Playing with fire...

Cash: 138,507.91
Bank: 10,721,138,618,485,098,676,224.00
Total Bankroll: 10,721,138,618,485,098,676,224.00
Donate
IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!
Washington Nationals Washington Redskins Washington Capitals Notre Dame

At the top of my list for decommit with Florida whiffing on their other prospects. No bueno that he's going to have Florida coaches over to his house multiple times and we could potentially lose Alford.
IrishLax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:08 AM   #1091
Huntr
24 Karat Shamrock

Cash: 1,083,742.93
Bank: 1,890,747,521,387.24
Total Bankroll: 1,890,748,605,130.17
Donate
Huntr should be giving advice to Kelly!Huntr should be giving advice to Kelly!Huntr should be giving advice to Kelly!Huntr should be giving advice to Kelly!Huntr should be giving advice to Kelly!Huntr should be giving advice to Kelly!Huntr should be giving advice to Kelly!Huntr should be giving advice to Kelly!Huntr should be giving advice to Kelly!Huntr should be giving advice to Kelly!Huntr should be giving advice to Kelly!
St Louis Cardinals Oakland Raiders St Louis Blues Notre Dame Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANDFAN View Post
that they can talk unlimited now? or just that he signed?
Per Loy,

Quote:
Coney is expecting running backs coach Tony Alford and defensive coordinator Brian VanGorder at his school later today. Although he's unsure if the coaches will have the paperwork when they arrive, Coney will sign it and send it to Notre Dame if the assistant coaches bring the documents with them during the visit.
Huntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:11 AM   #1092
wizards8507
Varsity Club Member

Cash: 1,100,189,246.26
Bank: 250.92
Total Bankroll: 1,100,189,497.18
Donate
wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots Boston Bruins Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLax View Post
At the top of my list for decommit with Florida whiffing on their other prospects. No bueno that he's going to have Florida coaches over to his house multiple times and we could potentially lose Alford.
Surely we wouldn't lose Alford before the EE deadline, right? Dorms open on January 11, what's the "you can't back out" date for commits?
wizards8507 is offline   Reply With Quote