Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football Recruiting
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:03 PM   #1
IrishLax
Playing with fire...

Cash: 123,889.66
Bank: 9,904,674,874,483,680,477,184.00
Total Bankroll: 9,904,674,874,483,680,477,184.00
Donate
IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!
Washington Nationals Washington Redskins Washington Capitals Notre Dame

Recruiting Nationally Discussion

I'm sorry but recruiting all of these Louisiana guys (sans Tillery) is a huge mistake. Just setting ourselves up for decommits. I honestly do not want any of these guys regardless of how talented they are unless they are signing day commits.
IrishLax is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 06-05-2013, 12:08 PM   #2
STLDomer
Schmitty

Cash: 8,045,634.78
Bank: 42,721,327.21
Total Bankroll: 50,766,961.99
Donate
STLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!STLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!STLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!STLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!STLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!STLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!STLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!STLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!STLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!STLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!STLDomer should be giving advice to Kelly!
St Louis Cardinals St Louis Blues Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLax View Post
I'm sorry but recruiting all of these Louisiana guys (sans Tillery) is a huge mistake. Just setting ourselves up for decommits. I honestly do not want any of these guys regardless of how talented they are unless they are signing day commits.
I disagree, I think the John Curtis kids have genuine interest and sound like a match. Sure Noil, Quinn, and others might not but an offer can't hurt.

They can always get out of their LOIs

Only half kidding
STLDomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:09 PM   #3
Irishnuke
CFB Message Board Guy

Cash: 16,783,676,205,083,124.00
Bank: 60,509,712,732,377,384.00
Total Bankroll: 77,293,388,937,460,512.00
Donate
Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Chicago Bulls Indianapolis Colts Chicago Blackhawks Notre Dame

Quote:
Not to make you more pissed but we just lost a signing day commit, but I get what you're saying. If we think there is pressure on CA kids to decommit I can only imagine how much pressure would be on kids from the heart of SEC country.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:18 PM   #4
IrishLax
Playing with fire...

Cash: 123,889.66
Bank: 9,904,674,874,483,680,477,184.00
Total Bankroll: 9,904,674,874,483,680,477,184.00
Donate
IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!
Washington Nationals Washington Redskins Washington Capitals Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLDomer View Post
I disagree, I think the John Curtis kids have genuine interest and sound like a match. Sure Noil, Quinn, and others might not but an offer can't hurt.

They can always get out of their LOIs

Only half kidding
Yeah, EV jokes aside about not even being committed after signing... my point is grabbing early commits from Louisiana is just asking for them to get poached later... and they'll just be hogging a spot in the class until they flip, and we all know we don't oversign. Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi are all notorious for having flaky top tier prospects AND Notre Dame isn't local AND we're not going to play dirty like the other schools.

I simply do not want any of these kids signed up until after the football season.... and I don't really understand why we're trying to make inroads into one of the most loyal deep south states in the first place. Just seems really misguided.
IrishLax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:21 PM   #5
Buster Bluth

Cash: 0
Bank: 0
Total Bankroll: 0
Donate

Lax's concerns are certainly legitimate and he has the right mindset here. Don't John Curtis kids tend to wait until later though, similar to Don Bosco?
Old 06-05-2013, 12:25 PM   #6
NDWorld247
Senior

Cash: 285,326,357.61
Bank: 19,010.47
Total Bankroll: 285,345,368.08
Donate
NDWorld247 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDWorld247 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDWorld247 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDWorld247 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDWorld247 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDWorld247 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDWorld247 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDWorld247 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDWorld247 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDWorld247 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDWorld247 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots Boston Bruins Notre Dame

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster Bluth View Post
Lax's concerns are certainly legitimate and he has the right mindset here. Don't John Curtis kids tend to wait until later though, similar to Don Bosco?
As early offers roll in, John Curtis High is a key destination - High School - SI.com

Head coach J.T. Curtis, fully versed in the recruiting process, has had a front-row seat for the increase in early attention and is less than pleased.

"The trend has been over the last five to seven or eight or nine years or so with early offers and early recruiting," Curtis said. "To be honest, I'm not a fan of that. I'd much rather see guys evaluated through their senior year. But it is what it is so we deal with it the best we can and try to keep a good sense about what's going on."

Even with the increased attention and prospects making earlier commitments, Curtis encourages his players to take a reasoned approach.

"I encourage them to take their time, and if we do commit we are done," Curtis said. "We are finished with any kind of recruiting and I want them and their family to know that because the word "commitment" to me means we're finished, we're done, it's locked in place. The only way that changes is if something happens in terms of the coaching staff being let go. Other than that we're not changing."
NDWorld247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:56 PM   #7
Irishnuke
CFB Message Board Guy

Cash: 16,783,676,205,083,124.00
Bank: 60,509,712,732,377,384.00
Total Bankroll: 77,293,388,937,460,512.00
Donate
Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!Irishnuke should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Chicago Bulls Indianapolis Colts Chicago Blackhawks Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDWorld247 View Post
As early offers roll in, John Curtis High is a key destination - High School - SI.com

Head coach J.T. Curtis, fully versed in the recruiting process, has had a front-row seat for the increase in early attention and is less than pleased.

"The trend has been over the last five to seven or eight or nine years or so with early offers and early recruiting," Curtis said. "To be honest, I'm not a fan of that. I'd much rather see guys evaluated through their senior year. But it is what it is so we deal with it the best we can and try to keep a good sense about what's going on."

Even with the increased attention and prospects making earlier commitments, Curtis encourages his players to take a reasoned approach.

"I encourage them to take their time, and if we do commit we are done," Curtis said. "We are finished with any kind of recruiting and I want them and their family to know that because the word "commitment" to me means we're finished, we're done, it's locked in place. The only way that changes is if something happens in terms of the coaching staff being let go. Other than that we're not changing."
Doesn't matter what they say. We've all heard that from kids before.