Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Outside The Lines > The Leprechaun Lounge
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 01-13-2021, 01:54 PM   #11390
Rogue219
Senior

Cash: 8,063.10
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 8,063.10
Donate
Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Pittsburgh Pirates San Antonio Spurs Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Penguins West Virginia Liverpool USA

https://www.espn.com/soccer/english-...lub-in-2020-21

Here is a tracker of VAR that ESPN seems to be updating match to match.

Pickford's "challenge" wasn't even reviewed in the Everton match. They did manage to take away the winning goal, however.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 01-13-2021, 02:06 PM   #11391
IHateMarkMay
IHateDavidPollackToo

Cash: 2,018,437.35
Bank: 3,002,191.53
Total Bankroll: 5,020,628.88
Donate
IHateMarkMay should be giving advice to Kelly!IHateMarkMay should be giving advice to Kelly!IHateMarkMay should be giving advice to Kelly!IHateMarkMay should be giving advice to Kelly!IHateMarkMay should be giving advice to Kelly!IHateMarkMay should be giving advice to Kelly!IHateMarkMay should be giving advice to Kelly!IHateMarkMay should be giving advice to Kelly!IHateMarkMay should be giving advice to Kelly!IHateMarkMay should be giving advice to Kelly!IHateMarkMay should be giving advice to Kelly!
Indiana Pacers Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks Western Michigan Manchester United

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue219 View Post
You said it. Liverpool lost their best defender for the season. No card was given, no foul was given, no action was taken by the FA, but within the last week Michael Oliver admitted that Pickford should have been sent off. Pickford has a history of this kind of reckless play and he's a fucking goalkeeper.

Liverpool isn't having much luck with VAR and officiating this season. Add to that injuries and a lackluster run of form, you'll forgive me if I'm not in the mood for banter about some call United didn't get yesterday against Burnley.

Count your blessings when it comes to officiating decisions and VAR as it pertains to being a Manchester United supporter so far this season. You're doing fine.
I understand the end of the plays was different for each team. I am fully on board for fixing VAR somehow. The FA absolutely needs to fix it, or have the ability to discipline after the game is over (cards be given, fines, etc.). I am aware that United have benefited from it, that doesn't mean I think it works great. I would rather be in 4th and have VAR be 100% than sitting a top the table with how shitty it is. We are both calling for VAR to be fixed, regardless of what team is being rooted for.
IHateMarkMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 02:16 PM   #11392
NDRock
Starter

Cash: 1,001,282,881.50
Total Bankroll: 1,001,282,881.50
Donate
NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
https://www.espn.com/soccer/english-...lub-in-2020-21

Here is a tracker of VAR that ESPN seems to be updating match to match.

Pickford's "challenge" wasn't even reviewed in the Everton match. They did manage to take away the winning goal, however.
Thank God for VAR. Pretty clear from those stats the on field refs have been showing favoritism towards Liverpool. Luckily there is a system in place to overturn the biased officiating.
Old 01-13-2021, 02:37 PM   #11393
Rogue219
Senior

Donate
Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Pittsburgh Pirates San Antonio Spurs Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Penguins West Virginia Liverpool USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDRock View Post
Thank God for VAR. Pretty clear from those stats the on field refs have been showing favoritism towards Liverpool. Luckily there is a system in place to overturn the biased officiating.
You're hilarious.
Old 01-13-2021, 02:40 PM   #11394
Rogue219
Senior

Donate

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHateMarkMay View Post
I understand the end of the plays was different for each team. I am fully on board for fixing VAR somehow. The FA absolutely needs to fix it, or have the ability to discipline after the game is over (cards be given, fines, etc.). I am aware that United have benefited from it, that doesn't mean I think it works great. I would rather be in 4th and have VAR be 100% than sitting a top the table with how shitty it is. We are both calling for VAR to be fixed, regardless of what team is being rooted for.
When it was first instituted, I saw a lot of fans that said "great, just another mechansim to benefit the bigger clubs. Nothing will change." Truthfully, the only matches I can truly point to and say Liverpool really lost points was Everton and Brighton. Those two results were taken. Everything else is happenstance, but the consistency is awful. Yes, Liverpool is -5 but when you look at some of the handball calls and no calls, the offsides by a cunt hair vs no offsides, there is zero consistency.

I could post photos of various examples, but nobody gives a shit.

Only coincidence I can find is that no one from La Liga has won the last two Champions Leagues since UEFA instituted VAR in Europe, but I think there are other factors in play there.

United will win Sunday 1-0 in the 90th minute on a Bruno PK. You'll be six points clear and the Anfield home winning streak will be over. It will also be their first win against the "Big 6" this season.

Don't know this for a fact, I just know it to be true.

Last edited by Rogue219; 01-13-2021 at 02:43 PM..
Rogue219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 07:20 PM   #11395
Rogue219
Senior

Donate

City is the favorite right now.

Until Liverpool finds a real CB, they won’t play the ball into space and they won’t score. United can’t beat anyone in the Big Six. They both need to solve that.

Liking City’s form right now.
Old 01-17-2021, 07:39 PM   #11396
NorthDakota
Grandson of Loomis

Cash: 1,000,000,000,048,298.12
Total Bankroll: 1,000,000,000,048,298.12
Donate
NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!
Minnesota Twins Washington Wizards Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Notre Dame Liverpool Germany

Quote:
City is the favorite right now.

Until Liverpool finds a real CB, they won’t play the ball into space and they won’t score. United can’t beat anyone in the Big Six. They both need to solve that.

Liking City’s form right now.
Curious why liverpool hasn't purchased some CB who is...you know...a CB. Doesn't even need to be an elite one.