Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football > Other College Football
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 12-26-2012, 10:16 PM   #351
TidesofWar
Waterboy

Cash: 594.64
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 594.64
Donate
TidesofWar is a jewel in the roughTidesofWar is a jewel in the roughTidesofWar is a jewel in the roughTidesofWar is a jewel in the roughTidesofWar is a jewel in the roughTidesofWar is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSteelhead View Post
Keep posting. It's getting chippy here (my posts are a prime example), but stay around and be a good sport until after the game. Then go away....
I will, and I might just decide I like it enough here to move in for good.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 12-26-2012, 11:59 PM   #352
rolltide76
Waterboy

Cash: 1,627.90
Total Bankroll: 1,627.90
Donate
rolltide76 is just really nicerolltide76 is just really nicerolltide76 is just really nicerolltide76 is just really nicerolltide76 is just really nicerolltide76 is just really nicerolltide76 is just really nicerolltide76 is just really nice

Football Talk ...

Any good football talk in here or just homers on both sides making irrational comments about the other team?
rolltide76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:04 AM   #353
Who'saWildManNow
Bald Prick

Cash: 10,660,905.86
Bank: 8,626,065,238,798.87
Total Bankroll: 8,626,075,899,704.73
Donate
Who'saWildManNow should be giving advice to Kelly!Who'saWildManNow should be giving advice to Kelly!Who'saWildManNow should be giving advice to Kelly!Who'saWildManNow should be giving advice to Kelly!Who'saWildManNow should be giving advice to Kelly!Who'saWildManNow should be giving advice to Kelly!Who'saWildManNow should be giving advice to Kelly!Who'saWildManNow should be giving advice to Kelly!Who'saWildManNow should be giving advice to Kelly!Who'saWildManNow should be giving advice to Kelly!Who'saWildManNow should be giving advice to Kelly!
New York Yankees New York Knicks New York Giants New York Islanders Buffalo Liverpool

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide76 View Post
Any good football talk in here or just homers on both sides making irrational comments about the other team?
Little bit of both. What's your take on the matchup?
Who'saWildManNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:12 AM   #354
rolltide76
Waterboy

Cash: 1,627.90
Total Bankroll: 1,627.90
Donate
rolltide76 is just really nicerolltide76 is just really nicerolltide76 is just really nicerolltide76 is just really nicerolltide76 is just really nicerolltide76 is just really nicerolltide76 is just really nicerolltide76 is just really nice

Very Good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who'saWildManNow View Post
Little bit of both. What's your take on the matchup?
Defense wins championships and both teams are at the top. Will be a struggle to move the ball on both sides with limited explosive plays as our defenses keep everything in front of them. I see a great deal of 3-and-outs by both teams with horrible 3rd down conversion rates. O-Coordinators will need to come out with an entirely different plan from previous games this year and break all tendencies. Special Teams will play a HUGE roll in this game and believe Bama has a very slight edge there. That coupled with, everyone has an opinion on it, our big game experience will push Bama to victory. Maybe something like 17-13 with everyone on the edge of their seat until the final play.

Last edited by rolltide76; 12-27-2012 at 12:24 AM..
rolltide76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:23 AM   #355
IrishSteelhead
All Flair, No Substance

Cash: 35,777.86
Bank: 13,409,300.17
Total Bankroll: 13,445,078.03
Donate
IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishSteelhead should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago White Sox Chicago Bulls Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks

Quote:
Defense wins championships and both teams are at the top. Will be a struggle to move the ball on both sides with limited explosive plays as our defenses keep everything in front of them. I see a great deal of 3-and-outs by both teams with horrible 3rd down conversion rates. O-Coordinators will need to come out with an entirely different plan from all previous games this year and break all tendencies. Special Teams will play a HUGE roll in this game and believe Bama has a very slight edge there. That coupled with, everyone has an opinion on it, our big game experience will push Bama to victory. Maybe something like 17-13 with everyone on the edge of their seat until the final play.
You're far too modest. The last dozen Gumps on here predicted 49-7 or far worse. I'm in the 38-6 camp myself, so naturally I thought they were crazy, and luckily a ban came for those deluded miscreants.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:26 AM   #356
Chamellion
Freshman

Cash: 61,643.71
Bank: 1,305,388.48
Total Bankroll: 1,367,032.18
Donate
Chamellion is a fountain of informationChamellion is a fountain of informationChamellion is a fountain of informationChamellion is a fountain of informationChamellion is a fountain of informationChamellion is a fountain of informationChamellion is a fountain of informationChamellion is a fountain of informationChamellion is a fountain of informationChamellion is a fountain of informationChamellion is a fountain of information
Philadelphia Phillies Philadelphia 76ers Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Defense wins championships and both teams are at the top. Will be a struggle to move the ball on both sides with limited explosive plays as our defenses keep everything in front of them. I see a great deal of 3-and-outs by both teams with horrible 3rd down conversion rates. O-Coordinators will need to come out with an entirely different plan from all previous games this year and break all tendencies. Special Teams will play a HUGE roll in this game and believe Bama has a very slight edge there. That coupled with, everyone has an opinion on it, our big game experience will push Bama to victory. Maybe something like 17-13 with everyone on the edge of their seat until the final play.
From someone who will be on the sideline for the game, I sure as ****ing hope that it's a close game. I love excitement.

As for the bolded text, I don't know if you have seen ND's PR team, KR this season, or our punting game...or for the matter our Kicking game, they've all been either awful, or inconsistent enough to give worry.

KR has had some nice returns, but also had some bad instances of players running into each other.
PR we get like 1 yard a return at best, but the majority of returns result in fair catches, due to Kelly not wanting to be burned by a fake, a la MSU last year. Neal, our PR man, has amazing talent, but we basically let gunners run free.
Punting is either a 40 yard punt or 20 yarder, Ben Turk is amazing at drawing penalties however.
Kicking, Brindza has been very good as of late, yet still is in his first season of primary kicker duties, and therefore is liable to mistakes such as missing XPs and short field goals.

So yeah, unless you guys have something like those problems, you have a pretty significant edge.
Chamellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:43 AM   #357
Who'saWildManNow
Bald Prick

Cash: 10,660,905.86
Bank: 8,626,065,238,798.87
Total Bankroll: 8,626,075,899,704.73
Donate
Who'saWildManNow should be giving advice to Kelly!Who'saWildManNow should be giving advice to Kelly!Who'saWildManNow should be giving advice to Kelly!Who'saWildManNow should be giving advice to Kelly!Who'saWildManNow should be giving advice to Kelly!Who'saWildManNow should be giving advice to Kelly!Who'saWildManNow should be giving advice to Kelly!Who'saWildManNow should be giving advice to Kelly!Who'saWildManNow should be giving advice to Kelly!Who'saWildManNow should be giving advice to Kelly!Who'saWildManNow should be giving advice to Kelly!
New York Yankees New York Knicks New York Giants New York Islanders Buffalo Liverpool

Quote:
Defense wins championships and both teams are at the top. Will be a struggle to move the ball on both sides with limited explosive plays as our defenses keep everything in front of them. I see a great deal of 3-and-outs by both teams with horrible 3rd down conversion rates. O-Coordinators will need to come out with an entirely different plan from previous games this year and break all tendencies. Special Teams will play a HUGE roll in this game and believe Bama has a very slight edge there. That coupled with, everyone has an opinion on it, our big game experience will push Bama to victory. Maybe something like 17-13 with everyone on the edge of their seat until the final play.
I def agree that the play calling will be something to watch. Although, I expect to see Saban attempt the bread and butter run/play action offense at first to see if our D walks the walk. I obviously expect them to and agree that there will be a lot of 3 n outs thus creating a chess match for field position.

After all the opening craziness this could turn out to be a game lacking the wow factor but delivering the real football fan a beautiful 60 minutes of X's O's and repeated gut checks.
Who'saWildManNow is offline   Reply With Quote