Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Outside The Lines > The Leprechaun Lounge
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 01-30-2018, 01:45 AM   #351
SonofOahu
Son of Avenatti

Cash: 100,936,362.06
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 100,936,362.06
Donate
SonofOahu should be giving advice to Kelly!SonofOahu should be giving advice to Kelly!SonofOahu should be giving advice to Kelly!SonofOahu should be giving advice to Kelly!SonofOahu should be giving advice to Kelly!SonofOahu should be giving advice to Kelly!SonofOahu should be giving advice to Kelly!SonofOahu should be giving advice to Kelly!SonofOahu should be giving advice to Kelly!SonofOahu should be giving advice to Kelly!SonofOahu should be giving advice to Kelly!
Oakland Raiders Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop2b5 View Post
I've struggled with how or even whether to post this, but about two weeks ago, my daughter miscarried. She's sad, but physically fine and she and her husband will try again.
I never wanted kids. It took my wife seven years to finally wear me down enough to agree to "try" for a child. First month we try, bam, pregnant. So my wife is happy, because all she wanted to do was have a family. About 10 weeks in, she starts to cramp and bleed... Then it goes downhill. We end up in the ER, and find out she miscarried... on fucking Mother's Day. Devastating and cruel, all at once.

We waited that six weeks of "pelvic rest" and then tried again. First month trying, bam, pregnant. Miscarriages are quite common; more common than people think. My wife felt like something was wrong with her, but after she announced it, we found out that half our friends had miscarried as well.

Still, it seems like no one you know has a miscarriage, because there's some sort of stigma attached to it. I hope your daughter can, ahem, get back on that horse.
SonofOahu is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 01-30-2018, 07:11 AM   #352
BGIF
Varsity Club

Cash: 5,820,255,218,298,078,208.00
Bank: 654,587,689.11
Total Bankroll: 5,820,255,218,952,666,112.00
Donate
BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!BGIF should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop2b5 View Post
I've struggled with how or even whether to post this, but about two weeks ago, my daughter miscarried. She's sad, but physically fine and she and her husband will try again.
Sorry for your family's loss. As Oahu noted, it's pretty common. A 1988 article say 31% of pregnancies end that way. 80% of those in the first 12 weeks. More recent estimates half that number. But I'm sure are of small solace if any to the those impacted.

This article

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...n_4116712.html

comments on some of the reasons.

Quote:
roughly 60 percent of miscarriages occur when an embryo has an abnormal number of chromosomes during fertilization — a problem that happens by chance, not as a result of anything the parents did.
and notes that

Quote:
The study shows that women and couples who experience miscarriage may pay a high emotional price because there is a lack of knowledge about how common miscarriage is and its causes. About 40 percent of the women who had a miscarriage said they felt they had done something wrong to cause it, and 47 percent felt guilty.
BTW, another article mentioned that women can ovulate two weeks after a miscarriage. What a roller coaster of emotions.

Best wishes!
BGIF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 01:47 PM   #353
wizards8507
Varsity Club Member

Cash: 1,100,167,289.26
Bank: 61.51
Total Bankroll: 1,100,167,350.77
Donate
wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots Boston Bruins Notre Dame

Is Montessori legit or BS?
wizards8507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 01:44 AM   #354
SonofOahu
Son of Avenatti

Cash: 100,936,362.06
Total Bankroll: 100,936,362.06
Donate
SonofOahu should be giving advice to Kelly!SonofOahu should be giving advice to Kelly!SonofOahu should be giving advice to Kelly!SonofOahu should be giving advice to Kelly!SonofOahu should be giving advice to Kelly!SonofOahu should be giving advice to Kelly!SonofOahu should be giving advice to Kelly!SonofOahu should be giving advice to Kelly!SonofOahu should be giving advice to Kelly!SonofOahu should be giving advice to Kelly!SonofOahu should be giving advice to Kelly!
Oakland Raiders Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizards8507 View Post
The school that I graduated from, that my daughter now goes to, adopted a hybrid-form of the Montessori principles (the school is K-12). I'll say this: it's not for everyone. I'm used to old-school rote learning. It's very, very different.

The kids often don't know what they're learning, because the lessons are real world and experiential. If they find something a child is really into, they'll let that kid run with it. My niece is at the same school; she had a classmate that wrote a basic screenplay (in the 1st grade) and the class acted it out. Crazy stuff.

Again, though, it really depends on the child. If your child is shy and reserved, he/she may not succeed in the Montessori system. He/she could end up getting lost in the shuffle. Also, if the child doesn't have some basic discipline, he/she will not get anything out of it.
SonofOahu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 06:43 AM   #355
NDRock
Starter

Cash: 1,001,268,817.87
Total Bankroll: 1,001,268,817.87
Donate
NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!NDRock should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizards8507 View Post
My kids went to one for pre-school. I told my wife it means “over priced” in Italian.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:41 AM   #356
NDGOLDEN
Sophomore

Cash: 100,000,012,000,151,872.00
Total Bankroll: 100,000,012,000,151,872.00
Donate
NDGOLDEN should be giving advice to Kelly!NDGOLDEN should be giving advice to Kelly!NDGOLDEN should be giving advice to Kelly!NDGOLDEN should be giving advice to Kelly!NDGOLDEN should be giving advice to Kelly!NDGOLDEN should be giving advice to Kelly!NDGOLDEN should be giving advice to Kelly!NDGOLDEN should be giving advice to Kelly!NDGOLDEN should be giving advice to Kelly!NDGOLDEN should be giving advice to Kelly!NDGOLDEN should be giving advice to Kelly!

My wife is pregnant and it will be our first pregnancy . We are expecting identical triplets!!! This was natural by the way which is extremely rare they don’t really have statistics on it it’s so rare. Basically it’s about 1 in 200 million chance you can get natural identical triplets.

Anybody got any advice? Please I’ll need it
NDGOLDEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 10:50 AM   #357
wizards8507
Varsity Club Member

Cash: 1,100,167,289.26
Bank: 61.51
Total Bankroll: 1,100,167,350.77
Donate
wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!wizards8507 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots Boston Bruins Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDGOLDEN View Post
My wife is pregnant and it will be our first pregnancy . We are expecting identical triplets!!! This was natural by the way which is extremely rare they don’t really have statistics on it it’s so rare. Basically it’s about 1 in 200 million chance you can get natural identical triplets.

Anybody got any advice? Please I’ll need it
#ThoughtsAndPrayers
wizards8507 is offline   Reply With Quote