Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Athletics
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 01-14-2019, 04:19 PM   #29
BeatSC
Junior

Cash: 94,126.23
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 94,126.23
Donate
BeatSC should be giving advice to Kelly!BeatSC should be giving advice to Kelly!BeatSC should be giving advice to Kelly!BeatSC should be giving advice to Kelly!BeatSC should be giving advice to Kelly!BeatSC should be giving advice to Kelly!BeatSC should be giving advice to Kelly!BeatSC should be giving advice to Kelly!BeatSC should be giving advice to Kelly!BeatSC should be giving advice to Kelly!BeatSC should be giving advice to Kelly!

I think Fired is a strong word to use. That implies cause. It appeared they had a ReOrg like many companies and his role was phased out apparently. sounds like more of a layoff. I would think a decent severance package would be offered plus he should be able to get unemployment. If he was making six figures plus for many years while living in the Midwest he should be rolling in it by now.

If he was ever in consideration for the big job maybe Swarbrick being a prima donna did not care for his old competition hanging around. Not sure you need a reason when you ascend to that level.

BTW how much do we think he was making?
BeatSC is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 01-14-2019, 08:20 PM   #30
Circa
Conspire to keep It real

Cash: 449,405,037,581,855.06
Bank: 1,533,302,932,747,980.50
Total Bankroll: 1,982,707,970,329,835.50
Donate
Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!
Pittsburgh Pirates Cleveland Cavaliers San Francisco 49ers Pittsburgh Penguins Notre Dame 20 - Tony Stewart Liverpool USA

I hate to **** in a toilet when the seat's already closed, makes a hell of a mess.
"Notre Dame Media Relations Guru John Heisler Out After 40 Years".
Media relations "GURU"? We as a University have been fighting the almighty media bias for how many years, and It's been blatant. Ask Wizard about our understanding of his media, and how our "guru" worked to qualm many false accusations.
I guess the only thing we can depend on Is the future and the way our program Is viewed.
I wish the man nothing but goodwill. I truly hope he can find another place to stamp his 'etch' in stone.

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/...n-Heisler.aspx

Last edited by Circa; 01-14-2019 at 08:27 PM..
Circa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 10:13 PM   #31
stlnd01
Team MVP

Cash: 50,076,826.08
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 50,076,826.08
Donate
stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDU Irish View Post
Loose lips sink ships. My speculation based completely on the situation - no inside knowledge.
I doubt it was that, TBH. The guy's primary job was building/maintaining good relationships with the media (in part so that when something like Declan Sullivan happens he can help tamp down negative coverage, as Rogue219 suggested.)

Sometimes that means telling reporters things off the record, or "leaking," in the parlance of our times. But he'd been in that role for 40 years - 10 of them with Swarbrick - which means he was trusted/good at it. You just don't last that long in a job like that if you're not trustworthy. So any leaking he'd done, I'd think, was quite intentional.

I've no inside knowledge either, but the idea of a reorganization that didn't include him makes more sense to me. Maybe Swarbrick wanted someone younger, or with different skills. It happens.
stlnd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 10:21 PM   #32
Circa
Conspire to keep It real

Donate
Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!
Pittsburgh Pirates Cleveland Cavaliers San Francisco 49ers Pittsburgh Penguins Notre Dame 20 - Tony Stewart Liverpool USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDU Irish View Post
I just want to know if he got to keep his red stapler.

The pro side is plenty vocal - I wouldn't doubt he has been a leaker for years which has led to more an more marginalization. Can be hard to prove leading to a long dance. To say it is about money is comical. Also to say he "is not of retirement age" is silly for someone finishing 41 years on the job. One year at Mizzou prior to ND would put him at minimum 22+42 = 64
Medicare is a requirement in a year at your math. It's another ridiculous thing the media has been blowing out of proportion. He's done so well tho, for the sake of his favorite employer....
Old 01-14-2019, 10:56 PM   #33
Redbar
Varsity Club Member

Cash: 343,754,371,056.52
Bank: 322,516,163,043,846,848.00
Total Bankroll: 322,516,506,798,217,920.00
Donate
Redbar should be giving advice to Kelly!Redbar should be giving advice to Kelly!Redbar should be giving advice to Kelly!Redbar should be giving advice to Kelly!Redbar should be giving advice to Kelly!Redbar should be giving advice to Kelly!Redbar should be giving advice to Kelly!Redbar should be giving advice to Kelly!Redbar should be giving advice to Kelly!Redbar should be giving advice to Kelly!Redbar should be giving advice to Kelly!
New Orleans Saints Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishTusker View Post
There weren't a variety of feelings about him, nor was he polarizing. He wrote articles like this and this and this. Interesting, inoffensive, etc., items about ND athletics. He was an ND institution and Swarbrick mishandled this badly.
This.

Quote:
Long tenures are quite common at ND, and not only among faculty.
This.

Quote:
SEC ties? Because he went to Mizzou? "Rid ourselves of something"? Appallingly cheap way of discussing an older man who has worked for ND for a long time.
And this!
Old 01-15-2019, 08:18 PM   #34
Circa
Conspire to keep It real

Donate

I'm so abundantly perplexed at the moment.
This media relations guy; John Heisler was the author of a book I read 4 or 5 years ago. I took the book to work today to re-read It and catch up on the things, I just wanted to get over some boredom.
While reading the forward he brought his wife up Karen, she usually proofreads for him. It all came together and I realized this was the guy we just fired.
I don't know who makes the profit's and how that whole situation works but I would recommend anyone to read his book. https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/100-th...X&idiq=7181364
I just looked it up and he has written many while being employed by, The University Of Notre Dame.

https://www.thriftbooks.com/a/John-H...caf62573c88dd6

Last edited by Circa; 01-15-2019 at 08:24 PM..
Circa is offline   Reply With Quote