Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Professional Teams
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 12-15-2018, 03:08 PM   #43
Irish YJ
Cannonball Coming

Cash: 675,649,186,320,023.00
Bank: 484,746,072,949,185,024.00
Total Bankroll: 485,421,722,135,505,088.00
Donate
Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Indiana Germany

Colts - WR, RB, CB, DL/Edge.

-Have 3 picks in the first two rounds.
-Also will get one or two compensatory picks in the 4th.
-They have tons of cap money.

Assume they will try to address 3 of the above in the first two rounds, and one or two in FA.

2018 was very good in the draft and picking up Ebron.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 12-16-2018, 03:20 PM   #44
Legacy
Team MVP

Cash: 4,963,738.13
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 4,963,738.13
Donate
Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish YJ View Post
Colts - WR, RB, CB, DL/Edge.

-Have 3 picks in the first two rounds.
-Also will get one or two compensatory picks in the 4th.
-They have tons of cap money.

Assume they will try to address 3 of the above in the first two rounds, and one or two in FA.

2018 was very good in the draft and picking up Ebron.
They certainly look good against Dallas. DL FEs include Dante Fowler, Ansah and Suh. They could be in position in the first round to draft the first or second WR, the first RB, the third CB, or fifth or so DL in a deep class. Did Moncrief sign a one year contract with Jax? Letting Ryan Grant walk? WR FAs don't look that promising. Same with RBs.

First round needs updated with Pitts, Buffalo, and Indy.

Last edited by Legacy; 12-16-2018 at 03:28 PM..
Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 06:21 PM   #45
Irish YJ
Cannonball Coming

Cash: 675,649,186,320,023.00
Bank: 484,746,072,949,185,024.00
Total Bankroll: 485,421,722,135,505,088.00
Donate
Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Indiana Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
They certainly look good against Dallas. DL FEs include Dante Fowler, Ansah and Suh. They could be in position in the first round to draft the first or second WR, the first RB, the third CB, or fifth or so DL in a deep class. Did Moncrief sign a one year contract with Jax? Letting Ryan Grant walk? WR FAs don't look that promising. Same with RBs.

First round needs updated with Pitts, Buffalo, and Indy.
I'd probably prioritize needs in this order.... 1. WR, 2A CB, 2B DE/Edge, 3C RB. But I'd pick them based on what's available and what I was able to get in FA. Even if I got one or two in FA, I'd still go for the same 4 in the draft unless someone else in another position had a crazy slide and was available.

WR - I think a stud WR is the biggest need. Or maybe I should say the team would benefit the most giving Luck another top option. I hate that Cain went down early as I thought he was a huge bargain and could have had a shot as a very good #2. WR is deep this year, so could slide to #2 or 3 pick if a top CB and or DE is available. Roger's contract expires, so not sure he'll be back. Inman also expires, so that will be interesting.

Defense - The unexpected success of our D give Ballard more flexibility than originally though. If a top CB or DE is available, I'd take them over a WR given the WR draft depth this year. I'm hoping there's a huge run on OL and QB in the first two rounds lol.. I think there's going to be a big run on DL though, and CB doesn't seem that deep. If no high % studs at CB or DL, then stick with WR.

RB - I'd love to grab a good RB with good receiving skills. I don't think this year's class is great, but I also don't see any RBs going first round. That could leave one of the top guys open when Indy picks twice in the second. I'd also love to grab a potential bargain at RB in the later rounds too. I'd love it if they grabbed Dex. I think he'll be a huge bargain for some team.

FA is going to be a huge impact to Indy IMO this year. I know Ballard wants to grow this team via the draft (as do I), but we are projected to have the most cap space in the NFL at around 125M. I doubt Ballard will go after any overpriced huge name, but I can see him grabbing some value big names for a couple years, or some proven but not A-list guys while the draft picks learn and grow.
Old 12-17-2018, 07:19 AM   #46
Irish#1
Living Your Dream!

Cash: 512,049,196,762.95
Bank: 4,979,831,517,785,225.00
Total Bankroll: 4,980,343,566,981,988.00
Donate
Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!
New York Yankees Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish YJ View Post
I'd probably prioritize needs in this order.... 1. WR, 2A CB, 2B DE/Edge, 3C RB. But I'd pick them based on what's available and what I was able to get in FA. Even if I got one or two in FA, I'd still go for the same 4 in the draft unless someone else in another position had a crazy slide and was available.

WR - I think a stud WR is the biggest need. Or maybe I should say the team would benefit the most giving Luck another top option. I hate that Cain went down early as I thought he was a huge bargain and could have had a shot as a very good #2. WR is deep this year, so could slide to #2 or 3 pick if a top CB and or DE is available. Roger's contract expires, so not sure he'll be back. Inman also expires, so that will be interesting.

Defense - The unexpected success of our D give Ballard more flexibility than originally though. If a top CB or DE is available, I'd take them over a WR given the WR draft depth this year. I'm hoping there's a huge run on OL and QB in the first two rounds lol.. I think there's going to be a big run on DL though, and CB doesn't seem that deep. If no high % studs at CB or DL, then stick with WR.

RB - I'd love to grab a good RB with good receiving skills. I don't think this year's class is great, but I also don't see any RBs going first round. That could leave one of the top guys open when Indy picks twice in the second. I'd also love to grab a potential bargain at RB in the later rounds too. I'd love it if they grabbed Dex. I think he'll be a huge bargain for some team.

FA is going to be a huge impact to Indy IMO this year. I know Ballard wants to grow this team via the draft (as do I), but we are projected to have the most cap space in the NFL at around 125M. I doubt Ballard will go after any overpriced huge name, but I can see him grabbing some value big names for a couple years, or some proven but not A-list guys while the draft picks learn and grow.
This year isn't as glaring as last year with the O-line. Definitely need someone opposite TY. I'd probably go DE next given the secondary has played pretty well, but I'm no Chris Ballard.
Irish#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 11:59 AM   #47
Legacy
Team MVP

Donate
Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!

I'm not going to be posting Mock Draft for a while, but here is one.

2019 NFL mock draft: Defense will dominate the 1st round

With Cleveland and Indy winning they are dropping back. Cleveland gets the third OT. Indy picks an Edge Rusher. Oakland goes Edge, CB, and DE.
Old 12-26-2018, 05:46 PM   #48
Legacy
Team MVP

Donate

Justin Herbert, Oregon QB, is returning for his Senior season.
Old 01-02-2019, 03:45 PM   #49
Legacy
Team MVP

Donate

Michigan - David Long, CB is entering the draft. Lavert Hill, CB and Josh Metullus, S will stay.