Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2011 Recruiting Profiles
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 08-13-2019, 05:54 PM   #43
Some Irish Bloke
Five foot nothin'

Cash: 706.32
Bank: 133,424,889,141,917.50
Total Bankroll: 133,424,889,142,623.81
Donate
Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!
Detroit Tigers Detroit Pistons Green Bay Packers Detroit Red Wings Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritate Duce Progredi View Post
I like Alexander and have no interest in getting rid of him. Our WR play has been very good the last couple years (and poised to be good this year) with a number of high quality athletes joining us next year.
I agree 100%, there have been a select few (can't remember who specifically and not even calling out FIL7) who have questioned his recruiting prowess, but now we've got Johnson (verbal), have inroads with Colzie just to name a couple, to sprinkle on top of the production we've gotten out of the position, the gems we've found...I think he's certainly proven capable at this point.

Last edited by Some Irish Bloke; 08-14-2019 at 10:12 AM..
Some Irish Bloke is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 08-13-2019, 05:55 PM   #44
PANDFAN
Look Down

Cash: 511,104,013,988.46
Bank: 56,885,140,833,889.15
Total Bankroll: 57,396,244,847,877.61
Donate
PANDFAN should be giving advice to Kelly!PANDFAN should be giving advice to Kelly!PANDFAN should be giving advice to Kelly!PANDFAN should be giving advice to Kelly!PANDFAN should be giving advice to Kelly!PANDFAN should be giving advice to Kelly!PANDFAN should be giving advice to Kelly!PANDFAN should be giving advice to Kelly!PANDFAN should be giving advice to Kelly!PANDFAN should be giving advice to Kelly!PANDFAN should be giving advice to Kelly!
Philadelphia 76ers Indianapolis Colts Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post
I agree 100%, there have been a select few (can't remember who specifically and not even calling out FIL7) who have questioned his recruiting prowess, but now we've signed Johnson, have inroads with Colzie just to name a couple, to sprinkle on top of the production we've gotten out of the position, the gems we've found...I think he's certainly proven capable at this point.
not so fast
Old 08-13-2019, 06:24 PM   #45
Me2SouthBend
Freshman

Cash: 200,000,000,000,000,288.00
Bank: 4,756,572,943,296,878,592.00
Total Bankroll: 4,956,572,943,296,878,592.00
Donate
Me2SouthBend should be giving advice to Kelly!Me2SouthBend should be giving advice to Kelly!Me2SouthBend should be giving advice to Kelly!Me2SouthBend should be giving advice to Kelly!Me2SouthBend should be giving advice to Kelly!Me2SouthBend should be giving advice to Kelly!Me2SouthBend should be giving advice to Kelly!Me2SouthBend should be giving advice to Kelly!Me2SouthBend should be giving advice to Kelly!Me2SouthBend should be giving advice to Kelly!Me2SouthBend should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANDFAN View Post
not so fast
Signed > Verbal
Me2SouthBend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 06:27 PM   #46
stlnd01
Team MVP

Cash: 50,081,435.56
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 50,081,435.56
Donate
stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops Freshenmeyer View Post
Recruiting tends to be a young man's game. It wouldn't exactly be shocking if Tony is losing his magic touch after all this time.
True. The man has spent a lot of time on the road.
stlnd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 06:37 PM   #47
FightingIrishLover7
All troll, no substance

Cash: 100,393,220.12
Total Bankroll: 100,393,220.12
Donate
FightingIrishLover7 should be giving advice to Kelly!FightingIrishLover7 should be giving advice to Kelly!FightingIrishLover7 should be giving advice to Kelly!FightingIrishLover7 should be giving advice to Kelly!FightingIrishLover7 should be giving advice to Kelly!FightingIrishLover7 should be giving advice to Kelly!FightingIrishLover7 should be giving advice to Kelly!FightingIrishLover7 should be giving advice to Kelly!FightingIrishLover7 should be giving advice to Kelly!FightingIrishLover7 should be giving advice to Kelly!FightingIrishLover7 should be giving advice to Kelly!
St Louis Cardinals Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Purdue

I suspect all the garbage/toxicity going on at OSU has aged him as well.
FightingIrishLover7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 06:38 PM   #48
Luckylucci
Community Moderator

Cash: 201,618,684.90
Total Bankroll: 201,618,684.90
Donate
Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post
I agree 100%, there have been a select few (can't remember who specifically and not even calling out FIL7) who have questioned his recruiting prowess, but now we've signed Johnson, have inroads with Colzie just to name a couple, to sprinkle on top of the production we've gotten out of the position, the gems we've found...I think he's certainly proven capable at this point.
Let's see how he does in the 2021 class as well but as of now I think it's completely reasonable to question his recruiting prowess. He hasn't won many heated recruiting battles during his tenure. That's not the end all be all but it's a part of it.
Luckylucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 06:43 PM   #49
IrishLax
Playing with fire...

Cash: 26,726.58
Bank: 1,422,405,397,200,920,641,536.00
Total Bankroll: 1,422,405,397,200,920,641,536.00
Donate
IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishLax should be giving advice to Kelly!
Washington Nationals Washington Redskins Washington Capitals Notre Dame

Here's what's really sad to me: he went to Ohio State because he had maxed out here and wanted to be a head coach. Kelly was not going to make him an OC. He did (does?) not like working at Ohio State, and strongly disliked the slimeball that was Urban Meyer. So he made a business decision, and then got kind of burned on it. And unfortunately, most lower tier schools are out there hiring "hot shot" coordinator types rather than someone like Alford. I truly believe Alford could be a very good HC if given the opportunity, but he's not being given that opportunity.

It's ironic that Autry Denson got a shot at being HC after underwhelming as a recruiter as Alford's replacement. I do think Denson was a very competent position coach though, and is the kind of guy that would interview well.
IrishLax is offline   Reply With Quote