Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Professional Teams
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 06-20-2019, 08:22 AM   #1555
Rogue219
Junior

Cash: 6,961.33
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 6,961.33
Donate
Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Pittsburgh Pirates San Antonio Spurs Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Penguins West Virginia Liverpool USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post
After what happened to that little girl at the Astros/Cubs game in Houston, and the older woman who passed away at the Dodgers game last year, I struggle to understand why more teams haven't followed suit.

It's as though traditionalists struggle to grasp common sense. At some point, your unlikely odds of catching a foul ball aren't as important as the safety of the fans.

I would be willing to bet that the old lady and the young girl weren't typing way at their phones, either. Little girl was probably distracted...like most little kids are (especially in that environment), and the old lady's reflexes probably weren't what they used to be.

Even so, the shot the cubs player hit foul that struck the girl was an absolute missile. I have to imagine any poster on this board would have had a hard time handling that rope if they were paying 100% attention during our peak years.

Change isn't always bad. I know baseball is rich in tradition but players weren't always throwing the ball 95 mph with an even higher exit velocity.

This.

People enjoy the game live in a far different way than they do at home. Not everyone has a phone out, and even if you don't, there are "LOOK LOOK" amenities all over a ballpark or stadium. Take Wrigley and Fenway for example. Significantly expensive upgrades have been made at both parks over the years, including massive scoreboard screens with all of the bells and whistles included.

Your eyes adjust sitting behind netting. It isn't a big deal. If it is a big deal, sit in the bleachers or upper deck. Or stay home. The ball is juiced, the bats are being manufactured to suit hitters and the players are hitting the ball harder than ever before. It's a recipe for disaster. Many of the players want this.

Baseball is unique in this respect. Someone needs to be proactive before more people get hurt and or die.

Also, Ned Yost is bad.
Rogue219 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 06-20-2019, 08:48 AM   #1556
ACamp1900
Mr. Congeniality

Cash: 100,101,108,711,615,536.00
Bank: 8,779,676,856,855,130.00
Total Bankroll: 108,880,785,568,470,656.00
Donate
ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Los Angeles Angels Cleveland Browns Pittsburgh Penguins Kansas Newcastle United USA

Hockey went through the same thing,... El Paso has full netting and it’s an eyesore for all of the first five minutes until you get used to it
Old 06-21-2019, 07:15 AM   #1557
Irish#1
Living Your Dream!

Cash: 4,001,762,082,699,546.00
Bank: 135,970,073,966,155,040.00
Total Bankroll: 139,971,836,048,854,592.00
Donate
Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!
New York Yankees Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Notre Dame

Tampa Bay has been given permission to look into playing the first half of the season in TB and the second half in Montreal. I'm not 100% sure what that is I'm smelling, but I'm thinking it's failure. They'd better off moving to Montreal.
Irish#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 01:32 PM   #1558
GowerND11
Starter

Cash: 12,001,206,092.26
Bank: 5,689,561,119,793,098.00
Total Bankroll: 5,689,573,120,999,190.00
Donate
GowerND11 should be giving advice to Kelly!GowerND11 should be giving advice to Kelly!GowerND11 should be giving advice to Kelly!GowerND11 should be giving advice to Kelly!GowerND11 should be giving advice to Kelly!GowerND11 should be giving advice to Kelly!GowerND11 should be giving advice to Kelly!GowerND11 should be giving advice to Kelly!GowerND11 should be giving advice to Kelly!GowerND11 should be giving advice to Kelly!GowerND11 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Seattle Mariners Chicago Bulls San Francisco 49ers Notre Dame Arsenal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish#1 View Post
Tampa Bay has been given permission to look into playing the first half of the season in TB and the second half in Montreal. I'm not 100% sure what that is I'm smelling, but I'm thinking it's failure. They'd better off moving to Montreal.
For how long though? I mean, Montreal was the worst in the NL in home attendance weren't they? So sure, for the honeymoon period of a year, maybe two they'd have better attendance, but let's face it... Not a full time solution. The biggest problem, though there are a few, is the fact that since 2014 they've had 1 winning season (last year, which is usually enough to maybe get a WC berth, but the AL was so strong last year). Also, isn't Tampa building a new stadium? Might help the fans some.
GowerND11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 01:43 PM   #1559
NorthDakota
I'm with Hillary 2020

Cash: 1,000,000,000,028,973.88
Total Bankroll: 1,000,000,000,028,973.88
Donate
NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!NorthDakota should be giving advice to Kelly!
Minnesota Twins Washington Wizards Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Notre Dame Liverpool Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by GowerND11 View Post
For how long though? I mean, Montreal was the worst in the NL in home attendance weren't they? So sure, for the honeymoon period of a year, maybe two they'd have better attendance, but let's face it... Not a full time solution. The biggest problem, though there are a few, is the fact that since 2014 they've had 1 winning season (last year, which is usually enough to maybe get a WC berth, but the AL was so strong last year). Also, isn't Tampa building a new stadium? Might help the fans some.
My dad actually brought up this solution a few months back. So Tampa has a dog**** stadium, but I dont think they are suddenly going to become a beloved team in Florida. Letting them play 40 home games a year in Montreal seems kinda neat. I bet they'd love to have a team again.

My dad's suggestion was northern small market teams sort of adopt a southern city for the first month or two of the season until it is reliably good weather for baseball. This seems to be a relatively similar approach.
Old 06-23-2019, 07:55 PM   #1560
ACamp1900
Mr. Congeniality

Cash: 100,101,108,711,615,536.00
Bank: 8,779,676,856,855,130.00
Total Bankroll: 108,880,785,568,470,656.00
Donate
ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!ACamp1900 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Los Angeles Angels Cleveland Browns Pittsburgh Penguins Kansas Newcastle United USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GowerND11 View Post
They were doing fine prestike the strike killed their best ever season ( they prob would have won the World Series) and the base just gave up after they came back and had to sell off the team. I never really blamed them
Old 06-25-2019, 04:28 PM   #1561
Rogue219
Junior

Cash: 6,961.33
Total Bankroll: 6,961.33
Donate
Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!Rogue219 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Pittsburgh Pirates San Antonio Spurs Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Penguins West Virginia Liverpool USA

1. Yoelkis Cespedes, Yoenis' younger brother, reportedly defects from Cuba, is looking to sign with MLB team

2. The 2019 ball is different. Surprise surprise. Rounder, smoother leather, smaller, lower seams and more centered core. They had to stop the players from pumping horse hormones into themselves, so they are designing a ball that can orbit the moon instead. Smart thinking.

Also, if you go to a game, "put your phone down" and "pay attention" because we all have the reflexes to snag one of these things barehanded as it comes off a bat at 115 MPH exit velocity. We're becoming so soft, you know.

3. Ned Yost = bad.
Rogue219 is offline   Reply With Quote