Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 06-17-2019, 02:37 PM   #15
Luckylucci
Community Moderator

Cash: 201,599,608.90
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 201,599,608.90
Donate
Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!Luckylucci should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritate Duce Progredi View Post
What's happened with JOK? He was the hyper-athletic LB we wanted but can't break through. Is he not assignment sound?

I trust the staff to roll out our 2-3 best LBs this fall. They certainly have plenty of players to continue developing.
FWIW, I was only commenting on ILB so Buck and Mike. JOK and Moala are the guys at Rover and they'll compete through Fall camp and beyond. Though we don't have a set starter at that position we have a better idea of what to expect, at least it sounds that way.
Luckylucci is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 06-17-2019, 08:16 PM   #16
IrishFaninTX
Freshman

Cash: 16,030.13
Bank: 1,760,971,478.03
Total Bankroll: 1,760,987,508.16
Donate
IrishFaninTX should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishFaninTX should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishFaninTX should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishFaninTX should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishFaninTX should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishFaninTX should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishFaninTX should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishFaninTX should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishFaninTX should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishFaninTX should be giving advice to Kelly!IrishFaninTX should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
What's happened with JOK? He was the hyper-athletic LB we wanted but can't break through. Is he not assignment sound?

I trust the staff to roll out our 2-3 best LBs this fall. They certainly have plenty of players to continue developing.
I thought JOK was expected to be the Roger starter.
IrishFaninTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:36 AM   #17
Some Irish Bloke
Five foot nothin'

Cash: 3,940.37
Bank: 264,535,176.53
Total Bankroll: 264,539,116.89
Donate
Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!
Detroit Tigers Detroit Pistons Green Bay Packers Detroit Red Wings Notre Dame

LB concern by us fans seems warranted, given the production we've lost. Staff seems confident, though, so I find some solace in that.

However, I'm genuinely worried about ST. Between Doerer's accuracy and missing Newsome's big leg to flip the field, hopefully we get better as the year goes on with these youngsters.

Is there any chance that Harrison Leonard gets the nod at K? Is there going to be some competition there in fall camp or is that job Jonathan's?

I expect our return and coverage units to be average - below average per tradition.
Old Yesterday, 09:47 AM   #18
stlnd01
Team MVP

Cash: 50,074,220.93
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 50,074,220.93
Donate
stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post
LB concern by us fans seems warranted, given the production we've lost. Staff seems confident, though, so I find some solace in that.

However, I'm genuinely worried about ST. Between Doerer's accuracy and missing Newsome's big leg to flip the field, hopefully we get better as the year goes on with these youngsters.

Is there any chance that Harrison Leonard gets the nod at K? Is there going to be some competition there in fall camp or is that job Jonathan's?

I expect our return and coverage units to be average - below average per tradition.
The Athletic did a story about Leonard recently that made it sound like there will definitely be competition for the kicking job in fall camp.
Agree, though, I’m more worried about kicking/punting than linebacker too. We’ve know there’s depth and talent at the LB position. They just haven’t played much yet. We really have no idea what we have for kickers, and what we’ve seen - Doerer - was pretty terrible.
stlnd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:56 AM   #19
Veritate Duce Progredi
{{Jafar gonna eat}}

Cash: 9,667,612,987.95
Bank: 9,790,543,786,400,596.00
Total Bankroll: 9,790,553,454,013,584.00
Donate
Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:

From what I've read, there is hope that Leonard can come in and take over kick-off and potentially punting duties and Doerer just focuses on FGs. I think i remember that right.
Veritate Duce Progredi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:14 AM   #20
Some Irish Bloke
Five foot nothin'

Cash: 3,940.37
Bank: 264,535,176.53
Total Bankroll: 264,539,116.89
Donate
Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!Some Irish Bloke should be giving advice to Kelly!
Detroit Tigers Detroit Pistons Green Bay Packers Detroit Red Wings Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlnd01 View Post
The Athletic did a story about Leonard recently that made it sound like there will definitely be competition for the kicking job in fall camp.
Agree, though, I’m more worried about kicking/punting than linebacker too. We’ve know there’s depth and talent at the LB position. They just haven’t played much yet. We really have no idea what we have for kickers, and what we’ve seen - Doerer - was pretty terrible.
Got it, must have missed that. Thanks, looking forward to seeing how that competition shakes out.

Quote:
From what I've read, there is hope that Leonard can come in and take over kick-off and potentially punting duties and Doerer just focuses on FGs. I think i remember that right.
Are you forgetting about Jay Bramblett coming in as punter? He was underwhelming at the Spring Game for the most part, but I'm hoping a lot of that was just nerves. It was really windy that day too, IIRC.

Interesting on Leonard/Doerer. I'd be surprised if Leonard comes in to take over kickoffs; Doerer has a huge leg, as long as he fixes the issues with kicking them out of bounds. But therein lies my concern with him...he can't keep the ball in bounds on KO let alone hitting it between narrow uprights haha.

This will be quite the experiment come fall. ST is something that's easy to take for granted, especially with you have guys like Yoon and Newsome for as long as we had.

Last edited by Some Irish Bloke; Yesterday at 10:16 AM..
Some Irish Bloke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:17 AM   #21
Veritate Duce Progredi
{{Jafar gonna eat}}

Cash: 9,667,612,987.95
Bank: 9,790,543,786,400,596.00
Total Bankroll: 9,790,553,454,013,584.00
Donate
Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!Veritate Duce Progredi should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Got it, must have missed that. Thanks, looking forward to seeing how that competition shakes out.

Are you forgetting about Jay Bramblett coming in as punter? He was underwhelming at the Spring Game for the most part, but I'm hoping a lot of that was just nerves. It was really windy that day too, IIRC.

Interesting on Leonard/Doerer. I'd be surprised if Leonard comes in to take over kickoffs; Doerer has a huge leg, as long as he fixes the issues with kicking them out of bounds. But therein lies my concern with him...he can't keep the ball in bounds on KO let alone hitting it between narrow uprights haha.

This will be quite the experiment come fall. ST is something that's easy to take for granted, especially with you have guys like Yoon and Newsome for as long as we had.
Doh! I was mixing all of our kickers up. Disregard what I said.
Veritate Duce Progredi is online now   Reply With Quote