Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Outside The Lines > The Leprechaun Lounge
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 05-22-2020, 12:44 AM   #22
ScottMcR
Waterboy

Cash: 1,207.45
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 1,207.45
Donate
ScottMcR is a fountain of informationScottMcR is a fountain of informationScottMcR is a fountain of informationScottMcR is a fountain of informationScottMcR is a fountain of informationScottMcR is a fountain of informationScottMcR is a fountain of informationScottMcR is a fountain of informationScottMcR is a fountain of informationScottMcR is a fountain of informationScottMcR is a fountain of information

Sorry I got a little carried away Circa brother. I will make this my last post ever as reading everyone's elses' posts is good enough for me. ALL IRISH FANS ARE MY HEROES. Now I'm gonna get back to my Bob Seger music.
ScottMcR is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 05-22-2020, 08:13 AM   #23
Rack Em
Community Bod

Cash: 888,431,386,053.09
Bank: 12,898,308,398,025.32
Total Bankroll: 13,786,739,784,078.41
Donate
Rack Em should be giving advice to Kelly!Rack Em should be giving advice to Kelly!Rack Em should be giving advice to Kelly!Rack Em should be giving advice to Kelly!Rack Em should be giving advice to Kelly!Rack Em should be giving advice to Kelly!Rack Em should be giving advice to Kelly!Rack Em should be giving advice to Kelly!Rack Em should be giving advice to Kelly!Rack Em should be giving advice to Kelly!Rack Em should be giving advice to Kelly!
St Louis Cardinals

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDHeysus View Post
I think censorship is huge problem and only going to get nastier.

Certain digital platforms have become ubiquitous to the point of almost supplanting society with a 'digital society' at least in the 'social/entertainment' sense. The problem is that these 'digital societies' do not adhere to the Constitution, but adhere to the company EULA. Therefore the 1st Amendment, and other American rights, are trampled over in the name morality, safety, and inclusion determined by an unelected employee of a company.

The answer is not 'get off the platform' because modern digital life is dominated by these platforms.

So, if your the shot-caller at youtube, you can ban anyone/anything you want, just put it in the EULA and you are golden.....Imagine someone who has GBs or TBs of images on a google drive, then google whacks there account and all those images are gone forever.
No one’s First Amendment rights are being trampled by a corporate decision to limit speech. They have the right to “censor”. It’s the government that can’t limit speech (within certain limitations such as yelling “fire” in a crowd).

But the problem is that the public has to be the check and balance for censorship or for limiting the free flow of ideas. That’s the true issue. YouTube, Google, etc are in a position to influence the flow of ideas and thought and information. Just like everyone should have their day in court, I think every idiot should be able to broadcast their views. Unfortunately the corporations can use company policies to prevent that.

That said, I find it extremely unethical and concerning when information about something like the Coronavirus is being censored because it doesn’t fit the MSM fear monger it narrative.

Just my .02
Rack Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 09:16 AM   #24
Irish#1
Living Your Dream!

Cash: 4,001,762,082,707,038.50
Bank: 210,206,970,185,568,416.00
Total Bankroll: 214,208,732,268,275,456.00
Donate
Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!
New York Yankees Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Notre Dame

If you remember your history, the U.S. was started because many Englishmen were tired of being censored by the King of England. 244 years later here we are free to make our own decisions as individuals. Nobody has censored us yet.
Irish#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 06:00 PM   #25
SonofOahu
Son of Avenatti

Cash: 100,942,575.53
Total Bankroll: 100,942,575.53
Donate
SonofOahu should be giving advice to Kelly!SonofOahu should be giving advice to Kelly!SonofOahu should be giving advice to Kelly!SonofOahu should be giving advice to Kelly!SonofOahu should be giving advice to Kelly!SonofOahu should be giving advice to Kelly!SonofOahu should be giving advice to Kelly!SonofOahu should be giving advice to Kelly!SonofOahu should be giving advice to Kelly!SonofOahu should be giving advice to Kelly!SonofOahu should be giving advice to Kelly!
Oakland Raiders Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack Em View Post
No one’s First Amendment rights are being trampled by a corporate decision to limit speech. They have the right to “censor”. It’s the government that can’t limit speech (within certain limitations such as yelling “fire” in a crowd).

But the problem is that the public has to be the check and balance for censorship or for limiting the free flow of ideas. That’s the true issue. YouTube, Google, etc are in a position to influence the flow of ideas and thought and information. Just like everyone should have their day in court, I think every idiot should be able to broadcast their views. Unfortunately the corporations can use company policies to prevent that.

That said, I find it extremely unethical and concerning when information about something like the Coronavirus is being censored because it doesn’t fit the MSM fear monger it narrative.

Just my .02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish#1 View Post
If you remember your history, the U.S. was started because many Englishmen were tired of being censored by the King of England. 244 years later here we are free to make our own decisions as individuals. Nobody has censored us yet.
Hold on, did you just bring serious discussions into this thread?
SonofOahu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 06:06 PM   #26
Kaneyoufeelit
Bowl Eligible

Cash: 13,225.68
Bank: 13,390,250,061,490,231,296.00
Total Bankroll: 13,390,250,061,490,241,536.00
Donate
Kaneyoufeelit should be giving advice to Kelly!Kaneyoufeelit should be giving advice to Kelly!Kaneyoufeelit should be giving advice to Kelly!Kaneyoufeelit should be giving advice to Kelly!Kaneyoufeelit should be giving advice to Kelly!Kaneyoufeelit should be giving advice to Kelly!Kaneyoufeelit should be giving advice to Kelly!Kaneyoufeelit should be giving advice to Kelly!Kaneyoufeelit should be giving advice to Kelly!Kaneyoufeelit should be giving advice to Kelly!Kaneyoufeelit should be giving advice to Kelly!
Baltimore Orioles Baltimore Ravens Notre Dame USA

Can I just say, since it was in the OP, that Rogan is a giant douche and it concerns me that men from 20-50 are heavily influenced by Rogan and Barstool.
Old 05-23-2020, 06:14 PM   #27
TorontoGold
Blue Chip Recruit

Cash: 81.40
Bank: 2,318,969,506,195,084.00
Total Bankroll: 2,318,969,506,195,165.50
Donate
TorontoGold should be giving advice to Kelly!TorontoGold should be giving advice to Kelly!TorontoGold should be giving advice to Kelly!TorontoGold should be giving advice to Kelly!TorontoGold should be giving advice to Kelly!TorontoGold should be giving advice to Kelly!TorontoGold should be giving advice to Kelly!TorontoGold should be giving advice to Kelly!TorontoGold should be giving advice to Kelly!TorontoGold should be giving advice to Kelly!TorontoGold should be giving advice to Kelly!
Toronto Raptors Toronto Maple Leafs England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneyoufeelit View Post
Can I just say, since it was in the OP, that Rogan is a giant douche and it concerns me that men from 20-50 are heavily influenced by Rogan and Barstool.
Rogan giving his platform to legitimate nutjobs (Alex Jones) is problematic.
TorontoGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 06:16 PM   #28
SonofOahu
Son of Avenatti

Cash: 100,942,575.53
Total Bankroll: 100,942,575.53
Donate
SonofOahu should be giving advice to Kelly!SonofOahu should be giving advice to Kelly!SonofOahu should be giving advice to Kelly!SonofOahu should be giving advice to Kelly!SonofOahu should be giving advice to Kelly!SonofOahu should be giving advice to Kelly!SonofOahu should be giving advice to Kelly!SonofOahu should be giving advice to Kelly!SonofOahu should be giving advice to Kelly!SonofOahu should be giving advice to Kelly!SonofOahu should be giving advice to Kelly!
Oakland Raiders Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneyoufeelit View Post
I like Rogan, he's entertaining. But that's what he is, an entertainer. He's not a smart guy, he just remembers facts and articulates them with a certain authority.

It is concerning that so many dudes take his word as the gospel. His clinging to saunas and "heat shock proteins" is almost as bad as a woman's undying belief in essential oils. That was sexist, I should have said a female-type human's undying belief in essential oils.
SonofOahu is offline   Reply With Quote