Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

View Poll Results: Should Kelly Coach ND Next Year?
Yes 198 53.80%
No 170 46.20%
Voters: 368. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-21-2020, 05:21 PM   #10900
Circa
Conspire to keep It real

Cash: 31,227.99
Bank: 27,996,907,559,939,048.00
Total Bankroll: 27,996,907,559,970,272.00
Donate
Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!
Pittsburgh Pirates Cleveland Cavaliers San Francisco 49ers Pittsburgh Penguins Notre Dame 20 - Tony Stewart Liverpool USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Turtle View Post
That is because ND is stupid and the other two are not.
I came, to reply to an Italicized comment. WOW! You Ok?

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 05-21-2020, 05:24 PM   #10901
Circa
Conspire to keep It real

Cash: 31,227.99
Bank: 27,996,907,559,939,048.00
Total Bankroll: 27,996,907,559,970,272.00
Donate
Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!Circa should be giving advice to Kelly!
Pittsburgh Pirates Cleveland Cavaliers San Francisco 49ers Pittsburgh Penguins Notre Dame 20 - Tony Stewart Liverpool USA

I've become curious.
If teams send Illegal substances like steroids through the mail? Is that a Federal offence? Or will the campus police cover that up too?
Question Is for the OSU, Al, Clemson's..... O yeah... LSU

Last edited by Circa; 05-21-2020 at 05:28 PM..
Circa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 06:07 PM   #10902
Sea Turtle
Freshman

Cash: 100,020,767.55
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 100,020,767.55
Donate
Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!
Boston Red Sox Indianapolis Colts Nashville Predators Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circa View Post
I came, to reply to an Italicized comment. WOW! You Ok?
I'm just still pissed at how ND handled that whole thing. Golson as well.
Sea Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 12:02 AM   #10903
Crazy Balki
Site Assigned Optimist

Cash: 15,000,241,848.79
Total Bankroll: 15,000,241,848.79
Donate
Crazy Balki should be giving advice to Kelly!Crazy Balki should be giving advice to Kelly!Crazy Balki should be giving advice to Kelly!Crazy Balki should be giving advice to Kelly!Crazy Balki should be giving advice to Kelly!Crazy Balki should be giving advice to Kelly!Crazy Balki should be giving advice to Kelly!Crazy Balki should be giving advice to Kelly!Crazy Balki should be giving advice to Kelly!Crazy Balki should be giving advice to Kelly!Crazy Balki should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Turtle View Post
I'm just still pissed at how ND handled that whole thing. Golson as well.
The only issue I had with how ND initially responded to it in the PC and how they backed down when the NCAA ruled.

But the football program was placed in an unwinnable situation. The university had to go back and void all of those players' test scores, making them academically ineligible after the fact. Most schools wouldn't even bat an eye at this kind of misconduct, punish the player behind closed doors (if at all) and carry on business as usual, but ND holds their players to a higher standard. We don't reward shortcuts, nor do we tolerate cheating. That **** flies at Alabama, Auburn, FSU, etc. But not here. What I hate is the public perception and that all falls squarely on the NCAA. They had a chance to set a precedent. Be firm yet fair with programs who were academically honest and open, and hammer schools who make attempts to sweep major infractions under the rugs.

The NCAA chose to do the exact opposite. It's because of stuff like this why the NCAA's reputation continues to sink to new lows. Personally, I'm more mad at ND for them just accepting the penalty instead of telling the NCAA to go suck a tailpipe.

Would some of the media call ND petty? Sure, but the media will find something to bitch about re: ND anyways. I would've made it a point that the NCAA has failed to uphold the standards it is suppose to represent, and that schools now have zero incentive to come forward with potential violations or infractions. Instead, programs will now keep things hidden and if the NCAA comes sniffing around, get lawyers involved and force them to back off.

As for Golson, I don't know what you're talking about. He cheated, got suspended. Came back.
Old 05-22-2020, 01:00 AM   #10904
Sea Turtle
Freshman

Cash: 100,020,767.55
Total Bankroll: 100,020,767.55
Donate
Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!
Boston Red Sox Indianapolis Colts Nashville Predators Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Balki View Post
The only issue I had with how ND initially responded to it in the PC and how they backed down when the NCAA ruled.

But the football program was placed in an unwinnable situation. The university had to go back and void all of those players' test scores, making them academically ineligible after the fact. Most schools wouldn't even bat an eye at this kind of misconduct, punish the player behind closed doors (if at all) and carry on business as usual, but ND holds their players to a higher standard. We don't reward shortcuts, nor do we tolerate cheating. That **** flies at Alabama, Auburn, FSU, etc. But not here. What I hate is the public perception and that all falls squarely on the NCAA. They had a chance to set a precedent. Be firm yet fair with programs who were academically honest and open, and hammer schools who make attempts to sweep major infractions under the rugs.

The NCAA chose to do the exact opposite. It's because of stuff like this why the NCAA's reputation continues to sink to new lows. Personally, I'm more mad at ND for them just accepting the penalty instead of telling the NCAA to go suck a tailpipe.

Would some of the media call ND petty? Sure, but the media will find something to bitch about re: ND anyways. I would've made it a point that the NCAA has failed to uphold the standards it is suppose to represent, and that schools now have zero incentive to come forward with potential violations or infractions. Instead, programs will now keep things hidden and if the NCAA comes sniffing around, get lawyers involved and force them to back off.

As for Golson, I don't know what you're talking about. He cheated, got suspended. Came back.
They could have and should have handled it internally.....like everyone not in a military academy. Higher standard is one thing but these guys aren't going to be leading men into battle on land or sea in the future.

A girl helped them write papers....like in every dorm in the country and instead of flunking the papers or the entire class, they hired three different investigative firms to use computer forensic science, usually reserved for homicide cases, to apprehend these horrible criminals. Just a bit over the top but I guess that's me.

Then they turn over their results to the NCAA smugly like 'look how hard core we are about academics'. The NCAA, with ND doing their work for them, has no choice but to shrug and hand down their punishment.

Then ND has the gall to bitch and complain about it when THEY were the ones who went NUCLEAR over it.

I honestly think ND would turn themselves into the police for stealing a balloon......on free balloon day
Sea Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:04 AM   #10905
Black Irish
Wise Guy

Cash: 10,469,810,353.90
Bank: 76,844,449,517.52
Total Bankroll: 87,314,259,871.42
Donate
Black Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!Black Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!Black Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!Black Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!Black Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!Black Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!Black Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!Black Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!Black Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!Black Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!Black Irish should be giving advice to Kelly!
Notre Dame

Vacating wins makes no sense. Let's say that a verifiable event did not happen to make a point. Let's see how that works in other parts of life:

"Honey, you don't have to call a divorce lawyer, I vacated that affair I had with my secretary!"

"Listen officer, I know I just blew a 1.5 but how's about we just vacate those 5 double bourbons I had at Hooters and go our separate ways."
Black Irish is offline   Reply With Quote