Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Outside The Lines > The Leprechaun Lounge
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 03-26-2020, 11:34 AM   #113
Irish YJ
Cannonball Coming

Cash: 19,473,648,186,567,876.00
Bank: 24,393,635,451,995,820,032.00
Total Bankroll: 24,413,109,100,182,388,736.00
Donate
Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Indiana Germany

He's is pretty cute though...
And will make a nice pair of boots when he grows up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish#1 View Post
This isn't going to end well.

https://www.thedodo.com/in-the-wild/...ith-depression

Man's Emotional Support Alligator Loves To Give Hugs
"When I'm down it's almost like he can sense it ... He has climbed into my bed with me."

BY SARAH V SCHWEIG
PUBLISHED ON 02/05/2019
WILDLIFE PROFILE
COMMENTS
When Wally was just a tiny baby alligator, nobody wanted him.

In fact, people were afraid of him and the other alligators like him. Wally was part of a population of alligators living around Orlando, Florida, a city that attracts so many child tourists. People were worried that animals like Wally would become too dangerous to coexist with people. "If I wouldn't have taken him he would have been killed," Joie Henney told The Dodo.

Wally was just over a year old when a friend of Henney's rescued the little guy, and then Henney offered Wally a home in York Haven, Pennsylvania.

So Wally's life was saved. And, as it would turn out, Wally would also rescue his rescuer. Henney was struggling with depression and his doctor suggested he start taking pills. But Henney noticed that he felt so much better when he was spending time with Wally.

"When I came home and was around him, it was all OK," Henney told The Inquirer. "My doctor knew about Wally and figured it works, so why not?" That's how Wally helped to rescue Henney — and the nearly 4-year-old alligator officially became registered as an emotional support animal.

Wally is now about 5 feet long, but still cuddles up with Henney on the couch. "He likes to give hugs," Henney said.

Henney is sensitive to the fact that most people don't realize how personable and loving Wally can be, so Henney doesn't take his emotional support animal everywhere — just to the places he knows Wally will be welcome.

"Before I even had him registered as an emotional support animal I did take him around with me to stores, walks in the park and had meet-and-greets with him," Henney said. Wally recently cheered up the residents at a local nursing home, hugs abounding.

"He helps me keep my spirits up," Henney said. "When I'm down it's almost like he can sense it ... He will come over to me on his own. He also has climbed into my bed with me when I'm not feeling well."

Wally could grow to be 14 feet long — but he'll have a home forever with Henney, who is building a special facility for him starting this summer, so he'll have room to grow. Wally already has a pond, which he shares with another rescued gator, a 2-year-old named Scrappy. There's also Luna, who at 8 months old is the youngest rescue.

"Scrappy is still kinda small and Luna still likes to run [around]," Henney said. "It's Wally [who] gives the hugs."

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 03-26-2020, 02:35 PM   #114
Irish2155
Starter

Cash: 901,008,584.49
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 901,008,584.49
Donate
Irish2155 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish2155 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish2155 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish2155 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish2155 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish2155 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish2155 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish2155 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish2155 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish2155 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish2155 should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish YJ View Post

That is about as big as the one my buddy from Anderson, IN had back in the day.
Irish2155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 03:44 PM   #115
Irish#1
Living Your Dream!

Cash: 4,001,762,082,707,038.50
Bank: 210,206,970,185,568,416.00
Total Bankroll: 214,208,732,268,275,456.00
Donate
Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!
New York Yankees Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish YJ View Post
Quote:
This isn't going to end well.
Irish#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 04:01 PM   #116
Irish YJ
Cannonball Coming

Cash: 19,473,648,186,567,876.00
Bank: 24,393,635,451,995,820,032.00
Total Bankroll: 24,413,109,100,182,388,736.00
Donate
Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Indiana Germany

Quote:
I've got these exact boots.
And I love fried gator. Pappadeauxs!

I can end well my friend lol

Old 05-20-2020, 09:38 AM   #117
Irish#1
Living Your Dream!

Cash: 4,001,762,082,707,038.50
Bank: 210,206,970,185,568,416.00
Total Bankroll: 214,208,732,268,275,456.00
Donate
Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish#1 should be giving advice to Kelly!
New York Yankees Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Notre Dame

Those crazy penguins causing environmental problems.

Antarctic penguins release an extreme amount of laughing gas in their feces, it turns out
By Leah Asmelash, CNN

(CNN)Laughing gas isn't just something they give you at the dentist. It also comes out of penguin poop.

How do we know this, you're surely wondering? Well, a new study says just that.
Published in the journal "Science of the Total Environment," the study examined the effects of a King Penguin colony's activity on soil greenhouse gas fluxes in South Georgia -- a sub-Antarctic island just north of Antarctica. One finding in particular was notably unique -- penguin poop, also known as "guano," produces extremely high levels of nitrous oxide. It's the chemical known to most as laughing gas.

"It is truly intense," said Bo Elberling, an author of the study. He noted it's not an insignificant amount, either -- the emissions measure about 100 times more than a recently fertilized Danish field. There was enough emitted nitrous, in fact, that one researcher went "completely cuckoo," while "nosing about in guano for several hours," Elberling said.

"The small nitrous oxide cylinders that you see lying in and floating around Copenhagen are no match for this heavy dose, which results from a combination of nitrous oxide with hydrogen sulphide and other gases," he added, referring to the containers designed for whipped cream but often used as a recreational drug.

How the nitrous oxide is produced...When these penguins poop, fueled by a diet of fish, squid and krill, nitrogen is released from their feces into the ground. The bacteria in the soil then converts the nitrogen into nitrous oxide -- a greenhouse gas commonly known as laughing gas. "It is clear to us that the level of nitrous oxide is very high in places where there are penguins -- and thereby guano -- and vice versa, lower in places where there is none," Elberling said in a statement.

There are some climate concerns, too.
On their own, these droppings and their emissions aren't enough to impact Earth's overall energy budget, Elberling said. But the research does show how penguins influence their environments, which is especially significant as the colonies grow.
"A future expansion of penguins into newly available ice-free polar coastal areas may therefore markedly increase the local (greenhouse gas) budget," the study says. Further research may also develop a deeper understanding of how the droppings affect the Earth and its atmosphere, which could help the fight against greenhouse gases, Elberling said.
Irish#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 06:34 PM   #118
Legacy
Team MVP

Cash: 5,053,592.47
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 5,053,592.47
Donate
Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!Legacy should be giving advice to Kelly!

Woman Burned After Falling Into Hot Spring At Yellowstone Park During Closure
(May 12, 2020 at 4:19 pm)

Yellowstone reopened on Monday in a limited capacity.

Woman injured by bison in Old Faithful area (Today)

Last edited by Legacy; 05-21-2020 at 06:38 PM..
Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote