Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Notre Dame Football
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 12-09-2008, 12:51 AM   #22
NeuteredDoomer
RIP - You are missed

Cash: 50,000,001,943,526.11
Bank: 4,502,862.02
Total Bankroll: 50,000,006,446,388.12
Donate
NeuteredDoomer should be giving advice to Kelly!NeuteredDoomer should be giving advice to Kelly!NeuteredDoomer should be giving advice to Kelly!NeuteredDoomer should be giving advice to Kelly!NeuteredDoomer should be giving advice to Kelly!NeuteredDoomer should be giving advice to Kelly!NeuteredDoomer should be giving advice to Kelly!NeuteredDoomer should be giving advice to Kelly!NeuteredDoomer should be giving advice to Kelly!NeuteredDoomer should be giving advice to Kelly!NeuteredDoomer should be giving advice to Kelly!

When the poster "irishmasochist" signed on, I thought I had found my long lost twin (that I never knew about). I think I watched every single play of every game last year. There would always be a room full of ND rabbid fans, and by the end of the game I was the only one left, sitting in front of the TV like the guy in the Pink Floyd movie, totally depleted.

I did not expect Bitchagain to be so bad this year, so I was surprised by that win, but otherwise, ND lost to every team I expected this year. I predicted 4-5 wins this year, and while every ND loss still affects lil puppy nostrils in a negative way, I guess they surpassed my expections by 1 or 2 wins. I think ND wins some next year, but they still at least 2 years away.

Sorry my ND friends...
NeuteredDoomer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 12-09-2008, 03:00 AM   #23
GO IRISH!!!
Nashville Livin'!

Cash: 14,118.25
Bank: 731,372,667,650,813.12
Total Bankroll: 731,372,667,664,931.38
Donate
GO IRISH!!! should be giving advice to Kelly!GO IRISH!!! should be giving advice to Kelly!GO IRISH!!! should be giving advice to Kelly!GO IRISH!!! should be giving advice to Kelly!GO IRISH!!! should be giving advice to Kelly!GO IRISH!!! should be giving advice to Kelly!GO IRISH!!! should be giving advice to Kelly!GO IRISH!!! should be giving advice to Kelly!GO IRISH!!! should be giving advice to Kelly!GO IRISH!!! should be giving advice to Kelly!GO IRISH!!! should be giving advice to Kelly!
Los Angeles Kings Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuteredDoomer View Post
When the poster "irishmasochist" signed on, I thought I had found my long lost twin (that I never knew about). I think I watched every single play of every game last year. There would always be a room full of ND rabbid fans, and by the end of the game I was the only one left, sitting in front of the TV like the guy in the Pink Floyd movie, totally depleted.

I did not expect Bitchagain to be so bad this year, so I was surprised by that win, but otherwise, ND lost to every team I expected this year. I predicted 4-5 wins this year, and while every ND loss still affects lil puppy nostrils in a negative way, I guess they surpassed my expections by 1 or 2 wins. I think ND wins some next year, but they still at least 2 years away.

Sorry my ND friends...
So, I am confused...did you like last year? If you are a masochist, don't you enjoy pain? I don't get it. I shouldn't go off my meds and get online. The voices just get to be too much!
Old 12-09-2008, 09:26 AM   #24
nd1988
Blue Chip Recruit

Cash: 12,907.65
Bank: 67,902.31
Total Bankroll: 80,809.96
Donate
nd1988 is just really nicend1988 is just really nicend1988 is just really nicend1988 is just really nicend1988 is just really nicend1988 is just really nicend1988 is just really nicend1988 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDMontana View Post
This season was far worse because we looked like the same team we were in 2007 during the second half of the season.

I take some exception to your first sentence in which you characterized our exepectations coming into this season as "realistic". I was guilty of having some very unreal expectations of the team for 2008 as were the majority of ND fans here and elsewhere. I would like to think that I adjusted my exepectations in the wake of the losses to Michigan State and North Carolina. To my disappointment, even after I rethought my position, my readjusted expectations were still not met.
"unreal expectations..?"

Like going 13-0? hahahahaha..........................haha.. By far last year was worst..

Last edited by nd1988; 12-09-2008 at 09:28 AM.. Reason: forgot
nd1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:29 PM   #25
NeuteredDoomer
RIP - You are missed

Cash: 50,000,001,943,526.11
Bank: 4,502,862.02
Total Bankroll: 50,000,006,446,388.12
Donate
NeuteredDoomer should be giving advice to Kelly!NeuteredDoomer should be giving advice to Kelly!NeuteredDoomer should be giving advice to Kelly!NeuteredDoomer should be giving advice to Kelly!NeuteredDoomer should be giving advice to Kelly!NeuteredDoomer should be giving advice to Kelly!NeuteredDoomer should be giving advice to Kelly!NeuteredDoomer should be giving advice to Kelly!NeuteredDoomer should be giving advice to Kelly!NeuteredDoomer should be giving advice to Kelly!NeuteredDoomer should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO IRISH!!! View Post
So, I am confused...did you like last year? If you are a masochist, don't you enjoy pain? I don't get it. I shouldn't go off my meds and get online. The voices just get to be too much!
Geez, I need to shut the windows when I read your posts - busting out laughing out of the blue scares the neighbors. That was a very perceptive point. LOL Guess I was the one confused. But yes, last year was painful.

But it allowed me to pull my hair while calling myself names.
NeuteredDoomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 09:15 PM   #26
NDMontana
All-American Reject

Cash: 58,565.92
Bank: 139,660.37
Total Bankroll: 198,226.29
Donate
NDMontana should be giving advice to Kelly!NDMontana should be giving advice to Kelly!NDMontana should be giving advice to Kelly!NDMontana should be giving advice to Kelly!NDMontana should be giving advice to Kelly!NDMontana should be giving advice to Kelly!NDMontana should be giving advice to Kelly!NDMontana should be giving advice to Kelly!NDMontana should be giving advice to Kelly!NDMontana should be giving advice to Kelly!NDMontana should be giving advice to Kelly!
Send a message via ICQ to NDMontana
Boston Red Sox Denver  Broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd1988 View Post
"unreal expectations..?"

Like going 13-0? hahahahaha..........................haha.. By far last year was worst..
No, like going 8-4 or 7-5. If you think last year was worse than that's your opinion. In the second half of this season we looked like the same team we were last year and that is far worse to me. This year should have been worse for you, too. I've read your posts and I know your disposition when it comes to the team. You've been front and center in calling for patience and claiming that this team will be better next year. You point to improvement this year but I wonder which areas of the team, in your not so humble or informed opinion, made such great strides. The O-line? The running game? Jimmy Clausen? The play calling? The only thing that really improved from last season to this season was our record which is largely cosmetic. I will put a much higher value on wins-losses next year but not this year. I wanted to see sustained progress and all I got were one game flashes of brilliance against Purdue and North Carolina.

The three win improvement came courtesy of Navy (barely), San Diego State (barely) and Purdue. The combined record of the teams we beat: 20-49 or 3-9. The combined record of the teams we lost to: 49-24, an average of 8-4 (granted Syracuse skews that average but we lost to them).

Last edited by NDMontana; 12-09-2008 at 09:23 PM..
NDMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 04:04 AM   #27
phgreek
Team MVP

Cash: 5,150,129,305.22
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 5,150,129,305.22
Donate
phgreek should be giving advice to Kelly!phgreek should be giving advice to Kelly!phgreek should be giving advice to Kelly!phgreek should be giving advice to Kelly!phgreek should be giving advice to Kelly!phgreek should be giving advice to Kelly!phgreek should be giving advice to Kelly!phgreek should be giving advice to Kelly!phgreek should be giving advice to Kelly!phgreek should be giving advice to Kelly!phgreek should be giving advice to Kelly!
Pittsburgh Pirates Utah Jazz Pittsburgh Steelers Notre Dame

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyebacker View Post
Having went through the 3-9 season a year ago and coming into this season with some realistic expectations and finishing 6-6, which season is considered worse by you guys? I would almost say that going 6-6 with a team full of starters returning and like I mentioned before some expectations as well, would be worse. I think many Irish fans didn't expect much from such a young team last season, but I think expectations were a bit higher coming into this season. So I'm just curious to hear which season you guys on here regard as a bigger disappointment.
Good question...depends on how you see things. Would you rather get shot in the head, or be poisoned...at least with poison, you have some hope...

Personally, I like a little hope, and we had some in '08...but '08 was probably more torturous for those around me who had to watch the poison take its affect as I clung to hope...six times over...make that 5...USC was more the shot in the head variety.

....shot of hemlock please...I'll take '08 over '07 any day.
phgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 04:17 AM   #28
NDFan537
Walk-On

Cash: 13,228,866.15
Bank: 15,573,628.94
Total Bankroll: 28,802,495.09
Donate
NDFan537 is a name known to allNDFan537 is a name known to allNDFan537 is a name known to allNDFan537 is a name known to allNDFan537 is a name known to allNDFan537 is a name known to allNDFan537 is a name known to allNDFan537 is a name known to allNDFan537 is a name known to allNDFan537 is a name known to allNDFan537 is a name known to all
Kansas City Royals Los Angeles Lakers Green Bay Packers Notre Dame

I must say last year was worse but I see the points about the non improvement too. The thing is I beleave that they are just young. Maybe I am wrong and if i am and we finish with less than 9 wins next year than Charlie needs to get run out of town no matter what the cost. I attended the Syracuse game and what was worse than losing was the way the fans treated the team. I do not disagree with being critical and wanting results but they are out there on the field in blue and gold and that is my team. As Lou said in the pep rally before the Mich. game now is when they need you the most so lets all be positive and stand behind them. No matter who suits up, WE ARE ND!
NDFan537 is offline   Reply With Quote