Go Back   Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion > Play Like A Champion Today > Professional Teams
Front Page Forums REGISTER NOW! Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Live Chat Game Arcade Varsity Club

Welcome to IrishEnvy.com! Founded in September of 2004, IrishEnvy.com has grown into the premiere web portal on the Internet for mature and intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish athletics discussion!

You are currently viewing our boards as a Guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our FREE online community, you will have access to post and respond to discussions, communicate privately with other members, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely FREE, so join the IrishEnvy.com Community today! If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact support and we will assist you.

If you already have an IrishEnvy.com membership account but forgot the username and/or password, use our password recovery tool to access your account information.

Old 01-11-2019, 12:28 AM   #57
Sea Turtle
Freshman

Cash: 100,006,920.52
Bank: 0.00
Total Bankroll: 100,006,920.52
Donate
Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!
Boston Red Sox Indianapolis Colts Nashville Predators Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBrunswickIrish View Post
Bell wants like $16 million a year. That’s tough to swallow for RB especially when he wants most of it guaranteed. Don’t get me wrong, he’s a great player but I wouldn’t spend that much on a RB that has as much wear and tear as he has on him.
I agree. The Colts have Mack, Hines and another rookie in Wilkins who seems to rip off 10 yard runs every time he carries the ball. Jus needs to learn pass pro.
Sea Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old 01-11-2019, 12:52 AM   #58
Irish YJ
Cannonball Coming

Cash: 675,648,186,345,098.00
Bank: 1,091,745,326,970,406,016.00
Total Bankroll: 1,092,420,975,156,751,104.00
Donate
Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Indiana Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Turtle View Post
I agree. The Colts have Mack, Hines and another rookie in Wilkins who seems to rip off 10 yard runs every time he carries the ball. Jus needs to learn pass pro.
RB is not near the need it was at the beginning of the season. Give me Dex in the later rounds.

From a Colts perspective, their first two picks are late first and early second. Give me best available from WR, Edge, DL, or CB. If you can find a steal in the 3rd, great, but use the pot of gold cap money to get what you couldn't find in the draft. No need to spend a boat load on Bell. I still think WR would be the best bang for the buck in terms of need and performance.

Draftwire/USAToday came out with their latest 3 round stab.

Had Love going to the Colts at 34 (second round from the jets).
Tillery gong to the Bucs at 39th.
Coney 52nd to Pitt.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:42 AM   #59
stlnd01
Team MVP

Cash: 50,074,140.18
Total Bankroll: 50,074,140.18
Donate
stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!stlnd01 should be giving advice to Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
Georgia loses six players to NFL draft and transfers

Four Georgia juniors declared for the 2019 NFL Draft and two other players announced their decisions to transfer.
Early Entrants
» Mecole Hardman, WR
» Elijah Holyfield, RB
» Isaac Nauta, TE
» Riley Ridley, WR

Transfers
- Justin Fields, QB
- Luke Ford, TE

In addition to losing Ridley, Nauta and Holyfield, Georgia will lose two other offense starters - Terry Godwin, WR, Lamont Gaillard, OC - who do not have any eligiblity left.
So they lose three of their four top WRs and their best tight end? That does make me feel a little better about losing Julian Love, for that game anyway.
stlnd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:35 AM   #60
NDdomer2
I'll Allow it

Cash: 6,945.19
Bank: 31,912,810,386,641,260,544.00
Total Bankroll: 31,912,810,386,641,268,736.00
Donate
NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Los Angeles Lakers Detroit Red Wings Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish YJ View Post
RB is not near the need it was at the beginning of the season. Give me Dex in the later rounds.

From a Colts perspective, their first two picks are late first and early second. Give me best available from WR, Edge, DL, or CB. If you can find a steal in the 3rd, great, but use the pot of gold cap money to get what you couldn't find in the draft. No need to spend a boat load on Bell. I still think WR would be the best bang for the buck in terms of need and performance.

Draftwire/USAToday came out with their latest 3 round stab.

Had Love going to the Colts at 34 (second round from the jets).
Tillery gong to the Bucs at 39th.
Coney 52nd to Pitt.
Going to be hard to find a top of the line edge guy if you arent picking at the top of the first. Unless Ballard can continue to find unbelievable steals. WR, DL are probably your best bets in those spots with outside chance a CB falls a bit depending if there are runs on certain positions (would be awesome to see Love to Colts).

With that said your options in FA for edge rushers:
http://nfltraderumors.co/top-25-2019...e-agents-list/

Cowboys def keeping DLaw. NE - do they continue to not pay big FA money or resign Flowers? Dee Ford might be a good option. Houston would be silly to let Clowney walk, especially in division. Frank Clark is a good option but i dont see Seahawks letting him walk either. Brandon Graham is good but getting towards end of career. After that its a big drop off.

I could def see colts continuing to focus on OL in the mid to late rounds. Yes they have been really good this year but depth was an issue and how much longer can you count on Castonzo? Definitely need to grab a backup center at some point in the draft. Kelly is good but def. injury prone and Josh Andrews is a large drop off (Calling Sam Mustipher??)

Would be awesome to see them grab another LB to pair with Leonard. Najee Goode will be 30 and in his 8th year. The rest of the group is very young but questionable. Safety is also another position that has had various bodies in and out of the lineup, including your prevous first rounder in Malik Hooker.

Ballard has shown he can build a team without FA though. I am very interested in the Colts draft.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:50 AM   #61
NDdomer2
I'll Allow it

Cash: 6,945.19
Bank: 31,912,810,386,641,260,544.00
Total Bankroll: 31,912,810,386,641,268,736.00
Donate
NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!NDdomer2 should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Los Angeles Lakers Detroit Red Wings Notre Dame

Wasnt sure the best thread for this link but this is as good as any.

PFF put out there top 100 graded players in CFB.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...layers-in-2018

Notre Dame Players:

#15 - Jerry Tillery (DL)

Quote:
Tillery utilized his hand speed and brute power to disrupt the passing attack of opponents like no other in 2018, leading the nation’s interior defensive linemen with his 92.5 pass-rush grade. He brought down 47 QB pressures on his 413 pass-rushes, winning 19.1% of his pass-rush snaps in a figure that is second only to Quinnen Williams. Tillery was his best against the pass but had shining moments against the run as well, proving he wasn’t just a one-trick pony in the middle of the Fighting Irish defense.
#28 - Te'Von Coney (LB)

Quote:
Solid across the board, Coney joins Woodward as the only two linebackers to field 90.0-plus graded in run defense, tackling, coverage and overall grade this season. His identical 91.5 facet grades in run defense and tackling efficiency show how strong he was in stopping the opponent’s rushing attack while his 90.5 coverage grade depicts just how well he stymied the opposing passing attack over the middle. He allowed just 51.4% of targets thrown his way to be caught and saw just a 50.7 passer rating on those throws.
#30 - Julian Love (CB)

Quote:
Love’s best football was played at his position’s highest priority: in coverage. He finished with the fourth-highest coverage grade among cornerbacks and forced an incompletion on 22.8% of his targeted passes. His 14 stops in coverage were good enough for seventh most this year as he had no trouble bringing down ball carriers whether it was a receiver or a running back. In total, he missed just four of his 64 tackle attempts this year.
#48 - Alohi Gilman (S)

Quote:
Finishing with the nation’s highest grade at safety, Gilman put forth one of the lower-graded outings in the College Football Playoff but that should in no means discredit what he was able to do over the course of the season. Against Syracuse’s potent aerial attack, he was targeted three times and came away with two interceptions, showcasing his elite coverage skills for the position.
I think this shows ND can def recruit and develop top end talent. But what you will see compared to the summary below is we were missing a top 100 player in the most important position compared to others. QB.

Playoff Teams:

Clemson: #3 Christian Wilkins, #5 Trevor Lawrence, #31 Dexter Lawrence, #35 Travis Etienne, #39 Justyn Ross, #80 Clelin Ferrel, #98 Isaiah Simmons (total 7, 3 DL, QB, RB, WR, and S)

Alabama: #1 Quinnen Williams, #9 Tua Tagovailoa, #10 Jonah Williams, #21 Deionte Thompson, #58 Jerry Jeudy, #65 Jaylen Waddle (total 6, DL, QB, 2 WR, Safety, OL)

Oklahoma: #2 Kyler Murray, #57 Marquise Brown, #59 Trey Sermon (total 3, all offense, QB, RB, WR)

In summary, ND had an amazing defense, which can be enough to get you to the show (evidence by 2012 and 2018) but not enough to get you over the hump (need those high end skill players, especially at QB). A very good offense can get you close as well, see Oklahoma. But teams with top 100 talent on both sides of the ball (Clemson/Bama) are how you win it all, especially when its in the trenches and at QB.
Old 01-11-2019, 06:23 PM   #62
Irish YJ
Cannonball Coming

Cash: 675,648,186,345,098.00
Bank: 1,091,745,326,970,406,016.00
Total Bankroll: 1,092,420,975,156,751,104.00
Donate
Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!Irish YJ should be giving advice to Kelly!
Chicago Cubs Indiana Pacers Indianapolis Colts Indiana Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDdomer2 View Post
Going to be hard to find a top of the line edge guy if you arent picking at the top of the first. Unless Ballard can continue to find unbelievable steals. WR, DL are probably your best bets in those spots with outside chance a CB falls a bit depending if there are runs on certain positions (would be awesome to see Love to Colts).

With that said your options in FA for edge rushers:
http://nfltraderumors.co/top-25-2019...e-agents-list/

Cowboys def keeping DLaw. NE - do they continue to not pay big FA money or resign Flowers? Dee Ford might be a good option. Houston would be silly to let Clowney walk, especially in division. Frank Clark is a good option but i dont see Seahawks letting him walk either. Brandon Graham is good but getting towards end of career. After that its a big drop off.

I could def see colts continuing to focus on OL in the mid to late rounds. Yes they have been really good this year but depth was an issue and how much longer can you count on Castonzo? Definitely need to grab a backup center at some point in the draft. Kelly is good but def. injury prone and Josh Andrews is a large drop off (Calling Sam Mustipher??)

Would be awesome to see them grab another LB to pair with Leonard. Najee Goode will be 30 and in his 8th year. The rest of the group is very young but questionable. Safety is also another position that has had various bodies in and out of the lineup, including your prevous first rounder in Malik Hooker.

Ballard has shown he can build a team without FA though. I am very interested in the Colts draft.
Like you, I'm intrigued this year as well. More than ever I think lol.

I could see Ballard going after an Edge from a lower tier school (like Leonard was). Ximines from OD and Jaylon Ferguson Louisiana Tech are interesting prospects that will likely be available throughout their first three picks. I just don't see Ballard spending a boat load in FA on one of the top Edge guys unless he finds a decent bargain similar to Autry.

For WR, I'd definitely pull the trigger (any of our picks) if Marquise Brown or Parris Campbell is available. Either would be incredible #2 to TY. Neither are big guys, but they are fast as hell. I'd bet Ballard goes bigger, but boy would I love either of those guys. Brown, Samuel, or Harry are the likely targets and would make me happy too.

CB could go either way for me (FA or draft). I'd rather prioritize WR and Edge (I think you will be better off financially drafting them and get more bang for the buck) in the draft. Wouldn't mind getting Darby cheap in FA lol.

In terms of FA, Ballard did pretty damn good last year. He even lucked out with contract duration.

-Ebron was a huge signing and led the team in TDs. He's locked in for another year and I hope they re-up.

-Autry was a great pick up, leading the team in sacks I think. Locked in for another 2 years.

-I wasn't very high on Grant, but I think at worst he provided depth. Doubt he is re-signed (was only a one year deal).

-Slauson was solid until the injury. Still can't believe he was playing with a broken back. He's a warrior, but not sure they will re-sign him (one year deal). He definitely wants to stay.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:09 PM   #63
Sea Turtle
Freshman

Cash: 100,006,920.52
Total Bankroll: 100,006,920.52
Donate
Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!Sea Turtle should be giving advice to Kelly!
Boston Red Sox Indianapolis Colts Nashville Predators Notre Dame

I too am looking forward to another draft with Ballard and Reich.
Sea Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote