Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion

Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion (https://www.irishenvy.com/forums/index.php)
-   Professional Teams (https://www.irishenvy.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Indianapolis Colts Football (https://www.irishenvy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254904)

bkess8 03-11-2015 04:33 PM

Indianapolis Colts Football
 
Started this for general Colts discussion.

What are your thoughts on all the offseason moves?

So far we have signed OL Joe Reitz, LB Cam Johnson, S Mike Adams, S Colt Anderson, OLB DE Trent Cole, DL Kendal Langford, RB Frank Gore and WR Andre Johnson. I am impressed that we have spent the extra money we have and I think that we are only getting better. Would still like to see if we can get Greg Hardy and/or Terrance Knighton.

woolybug25 03-11-2015 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkess8 (Post 1506429)
Started this for general Colts discussion.

What are your thoughts on all the offseason moves?

So far we have signed OL Joe Reitz, LB Cam Johnson, S Mike Adams, S Colt Anderson, OLB DE Trent Cole, DL Kendal Langford, RB Frank Gore and WR Andre Johnson. I am impressed that we have spent the extra money we have and I think that we are only getting better. Would still like to see if we can get Greg Hardy and/or Terrance Knighton.

Do they even have enough cap room to add both of them? The Bears are looking to add both, so they wouldn't come cheap for the Colts. The Bears have plenty of cap room and they have both played for John Fox.

bkess8 03-11-2015 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woolybug25 (Post 1506434)
Do they even have enough cap room to add both of them? The Bears are looking to add both, so they wouldn't come cheap for the Colts. The Bears have plenty of cap room and they have both played for John Fox.

Not sure if they have money for both however one will do!

irishfan 03-11-2015 05:01 PM

Pats fan here, but my thoughts:

Herremans as well on the OL was a good signing. I probably would have only worried about Defense (especially front 7) and OL this off-season, but it's hard to argue with signing Johnson/Gore. I think Luck is good enough that he doesn't really need the skill guys around him, but again, you really can't go wrong signing those two guys. Not sure if they have the room for Knighton, but they should try and add Wilfork or Raji or Starks cheap if possible.

I think Indy is definitely better right now than they were 2 months ago, but I think the 11-5 record was pretty inflated by the weak schedule. You guys were 2-5 against playoff teams (in regular season of course), although the schedule is pretty favorable again this season with the NFC South crossover. It's so far out, but really looks like it will be Colts/Pats/Broncos as the Top-3 seeds again.

Irish#1 03-11-2015 08:56 PM

I really like the signings so far. I don't know how much Wilfork has left in the tank, but I'd take him in a 1-2 year deal. Signing Langford is going to help the D line. I'd like to see 1 or 2 more guys for the O line. Right now I give Grigson an A-.

Irish2155 03-11-2015 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irish#1 (Post 1506546)
I really like the signings so far. I don't know how much Wilfork has left in the tank, but I'd take him in a 1-2 year deal. Signing Langford is going to help the D line. I'd like to see 1 or 2 more guys for the O line. Right now I give Grigson an A-.

I agree...A-, maybe a B+ depending on how much Gore and Johnson have left in the tank. Regardless they can't be worse than Wayne and Richardson last year.

Another O lineman or two along with a big body on the D line would be great. Tall task taking over the reigns in the AFC from Manning and Brady but Grigson is doing all he can to put Luck in a good place.

We need to get after the passer too. A healthy Mathis will help as well.

GBdomer 03-11-2015 09:32 PM

Offense might be cute with those veterans but that won't stop Tom Brady and company from dropping 40 in the playoffs


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.