Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion

Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion (https://www.irishenvy.com/forums/index.php)
-   2010 Recruiting Profiles (https://www.irishenvy.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   '10 FL DT Louis Nix (Notre Dame Man) (https://www.irishenvy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44388)

Whiskeyjack 01-09-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocky2820 (Post 632400)
Love Lou's leadership, but Twitter is not the proper forum since he's talking directly to/about teammates. As much as I appreciate the information directly from him, it's too much information in a public domain.

This is how his generation communicates. I've never seen a player call out his teammates like this on Twitter before. Perhaps Nix intended it for public consumption.

Rocky2820 01-09-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whiskeyjack (Post 632402)
This is how his generation communicates. I've never seen a player call out his teammates like this on Twitter before. Perhaps Nix intended it for public consumption.

If Davaris and Jalen are cool with it, then I'm cool with it. I just hope they're cool with it. Trying to read into Davaris' tweet about practice, I'm not convinced he's cool with it.

Whiskeyjack 01-09-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocky2820 (Post 632411)
If Davaris and Jalen are cool with it, then I'm cool with it. I just hope they're cool with it. Trying to read into Davaris' tweet about practice, I'm not convinced he's cool with it.

Nix was the only one who mentioned practice.

For those who aren't familiar with Twitter, I put the name of the person who authored each tweet above the quote, and the @s within each quote indicate to whom that Tweet was sent.

Irish4Life09 01-09-2012 04:57 PM

Irish Chocolate is quickly becoming my favorite player on the team.

Rocky2820 01-09-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whiskeyjack (Post 632415)
Nix was the only one who mentioned practice.

My bad. Meant this one: "how ima be hungry on the sideline?"

ND NYC 01-09-2012 05:01 PM

is anyone else confused by twitter?
i read the twitter "tweets"...and i have no idea who is the person sending the tweet and who is recieving the tweet and on top all those # signs in the middle etc...confuses an old hoot like me.

BurningRiver 01-09-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irish4Life09 (Post 632417)
Irish Chocolate is quickly becoming my favorite player on the team.

I love this team. Because of that, I have too many favorite players on it. I'm going to need to cut down. Or at least have higher standards. Lynch because he's a beast, Tuitt because he's a beast and actually surprised me by playing so well last year, Nix because of this, Te'o because he's Manti freakin' Te'o, Slaughter because of his crushing hits and perfectly timed blitzes, Eifert because I have a thing for TE's, Wood because of his cameos in ICONN videos, etc.

cLaRk_JoNeS 01-09-2012 07:03 PM

so nix is slamming fans for being unsure about rb next year, at the same time calling out 2 Key ppl at 2 key positions next year. Boy i sure feel much better now. NOT

To add I felt DD should have played day 1, seems kinda clear why he didnt.

SoIll 01-09-2012 07:09 PM

the man speaks the truth? How many coaches have we had in the last 10 or so years? I know they were for the betterment of the program, but hell people like you are probably the same ones whos calling for BKs job already. Nix is speaking the truth, and whats wrong with being a leader and make sure those 2 young man stay accountable.. he sees the potential they have, and wants to get the best out of them. I dont agree with doing it over twitter, but I see no problem with being the leader and telling the younger players to get with it! If daniels wants a NC so bad, they he should understand what it takes..

Whiskeyjack 01-09-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cLaRk_JoNeS (Post 632536)
so nix is slamming fans for being unsure about rb next year

He wasn't "slamming fans for being unsure about RB next year"; he was slamming the NDNation crowd, who deserves to be slammed at every possible opportunity.

Quote:

at the same time calling out 2 Key ppl at 2 key positions next year.
It's called veteran leadership, and there's no substitute for it.

Quote:

Boy i sure feel much better now. NOT
I feel like I'm suddenly back in middle school. Are you typing to us from the early '90s, Clark? How old are you?

Quote:

To add I felt DD should have played day 1, seems kinda clear why he didnt.
So after reading a couple tweets, you feel like it's obvious that Daniels is lazy, which is ultimately why Kelly red-shirted him? Very insightful of you.

cLaRk_JoNeS 01-09-2012 07:20 PM

To ur last line, im not the one that feels he is Lazy i wasnt there, the "ldr" as u just called him did. So clearly thats the main reason why he redshirted

no where was NDNation mentioned so i guess you can read into comments made and make up your own judgements to the meaning but i can not.

Whiskeyjack 01-09-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cLaRk_JoNeS (Post 632552)
To ur last line, im not the one that feels he is Lazy i wasnt there, the "ldr" as u just called him did. So clearly thats the main reason why he redshirted

CLEARLY

HoosierIrish 01-09-2012 07:24 PM

definetly don't agree with him calling teamates out over twitter. Nothing wrong with calling players out, I encourage it if its nott on the internet for the world to see.

kmoose 01-09-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoosierIrish (Post 632558)
definetly don't agree with him calling teamates out over twitter. Nothing wrong with calling players out, I encourage it if its nott on the internet for the world to see.

I believe that there's a big difference between pointing out to an excuse-making teammate that he's making excuses for his lack of playing time, and "calling out" a teammate.

Nix didn't come out of the blue with something like "Davaris Daniels would be getting more playing time if he was practicing harder." Daniels basically complained about being on the bench, and Nix basically told him to practice harder. That's what I took away from the exchange, anyway. Was it kind of blunt? Yes. Would I consider it Nix "calling out" Daniels? No.

ClausentoTate 01-09-2012 07:50 PM

The tweets don't seem like they're meant to be hurtful. I'm all for it if it makes them hungry for Spring ball.

I really can't wait for both of those guys to see some PT, love DD's swag and I played against Jalen's HS back in the day. I see them both getting a good amount of PT next year especially if they step it up this Spring.

SaltyND24 01-22-2012 04:39 PM

I believe in an old interview on II that Nix said he wanted his game to be like Vince Wilfork's...Well, seeing how Wilfork is absolutely beasting early on in this game, I can't wait to see it all come together next year for him...Can it be august/sept. already?

ThePiombino 01-22-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaltyND24 (Post 643946)
I believe in an old interview on II that Nix said he wanted his game to be like Vince Wilfork's...Well, seeing how Wilfork is absolutely beasting early on in this game, I can't wait to see it all come together next year for him...Can it be august/sept. already?

Three years of eligibility left FTW!

Grahambo 01-26-2012 12:45 PM

lOUIS NIX III @IrishChocolate9

If tomatoes are a fruit, then isn't ketchup technically a smoothie? #CommentPlz

Sherm Sticky 01-26-2012 12:53 PM

You guys seen this picture? Love it!

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...15817994_n.jpg

greyhammer90 01-26-2012 12:58 PM

bad***.

BeauBenken 01-26-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grahambo (Post 646890)

If tomatoes are a fruit, then isn't ketchup technically a smoothie? #CommentPlz

Intersting smoothie then. lol Who adds salt to a smoothie?

ryno 24 01-26-2012 04:50 PM

This is why I love Big Lou

GoldenIsThyFame 02-01-2012 03:11 PM

Brian Smith: Hope ND signed some of those LSU/Bama type brothas. Ya know, The big-greasy-goon-IDGAF type brothas. #Championship

Big Lou: @BCSmith58 You dont need guys like that, all you have to do is get the right guys that will work hard.

Brian Smith:@IrishChocolate9 they done brainwashed you Lou!!

Big Lou: @BCSmith58 naw bra i know that the only way you can win a championship is with dudes that hungry.

Big Lou: @BCSmith58 cuz you wasnt hungry dont mean i wont.

Brian Smith:@IrishChocolate9 yeah they really in your head talkin that nonsense. Me not hungry? #Sleeeeppppp

Big Lou:@BCSmith58 iim just letting you know. my squad gonna be great no matter what is being said. You sound like a michigan man...smh

Rob Hughes: @BCSmith58 @irishchocolate9 y'all young pups need to respect your elders.

Grahambo 02-01-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenIsThyFame (Post 652617)
Brian Smith: Hope ND signed some of those LSU/Bama type brothas. Ya know, The big-greasy-goon-IDGAF type brothas. #Championship

Big Lou: @BCSmith58 You dont need guys like that, all you have to do is get the right guys that will work hard.

Big Lou: @BCSmith58 naw bra i know that the only way you can win a championship is with dudes that hungry.

Brian Smith:@IrishChocolate9 yeah they really in your head talkin that nonsense. Me not hungry? #Sleeeeppppp

Big Lou:@BCSmith58 iim just letting you know. my squad gonna be great no matter what is being said. You sound like a michigan man...smh

Great example of the type of attitude that was in the past and the type of attitude the team currently has.

GoldenIsThyFame 02-01-2012 03:14 PM

One more from the big guy:

Big Lou: "When rival teams sign great players it makes me smile. The Opportunity to play against top guys is incredible."

Rhode Irish 02-01-2012 03:19 PM

Impossible to like anyone more than I like Big Lou.

Kak7304 02-01-2012 03:20 PM

This kid is quickly becoming my favorite player at ND. He played very well this year and never looked like a first year player. I see him becoming the captain and leader of the defense very soon.

Te'o4Heisman 02-01-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Rob Hughes: @BCSmith58 @irishchocolate9 y'all young pups need to respect your elders.

Big Lou is like 330 lbs. I definitely do not have a hard time believing he is hungry! :spam:
Just kidding but in all seriousness I love this kids attitude and drive. Not sure why BSmith would basically take a swipe at the players currently on our roster, but I think he's going to end up eating those words at some point. Whether CBK is brash and abbrassive at times or not, one thing is clear, you cannot be soft mentally or physically and expect to have success under him. This upcoming year will be the first year that basically none of the guys still carrying the Chuck Weis genepool will be littering up the roster.

PANDFAN 02-01-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

RESPECT! love it big lou

Irish Fam 02-01-2012 03:23 PM

wow. been a big fan. just became a huge fan of this young man.

SaltyND24 02-01-2012 03:26 PM

Dear Brian Smith.....

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com...5509064824.jpg

Grahambo 02-01-2012 03:27 PM

Tried putting this in Te'os thread but every time I click on it, it says Internal Error blah blah so here:

Manti Te'o @MTeo_5

Wakeup:6:30 Workouts:7-9. Treatment:9-10. Breakfast:10. Class:11-6:30 (no breaks). Dinner:7. Class:8-10. And they say athletes got it #easy.

ryno 24 02-01-2012 03:30 PM

Big Lou your a beast. Work hard and know that its not about your stars its about the hard work. BK will bring us back to being winners.

Kak7304 02-01-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grahambo (Post 652664)
Tried putting this in Te'os thread but every time I click on it, it says Internal Error blah blah so here:

Manti Te'o @MTeo_5

Wakeup:6:30 Workouts:7-9. Treatment:9-10. Breakfast:10. Class:11-6:30 (no breaks). Dinner:7. Class:8-10. And they say athletes got it #easy.

Imagine how much more difficult that schedule would be if he went to Houston.

irishff1014 02-01-2012 03:37 PM

Nix is probably going to be the leader of the defense once Te'o leaves.

NDinFL 02-01-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishff1014 (Post 652684)
Nix is probably going to be the leader of the defense once Te'o leaves.

After seeing the back and forth between him and Brian Smith via twitter it just reaffirms my wanting to have BK guys out on the field.

Brian Smith came across as though he looked up to the "IDGAF" players from the SEC football machines.

In actuality he could just as well have been one of those guys, but that's where Chuck's softness as a coach shines through.

Props to you big Lou I hope you do become the captain

greyhammer90 02-01-2012 04:03 PM

He wants a championship.

AllGoldEverything 02-01-2012 04:11 PM

That a boy LOU! love that kind of attitude!

greyhammer90 02-01-2012 04:13 PM

...and I'll add Brian Smith needs to be thankful ND isn't an SEC school because he wouldn't have been here for his senior year.

AdmiralBackhand 02-01-2012 04:14 PM

I'm glad that I have a #9 jersey. ;)

BleedBlueGold 02-01-2012 04:25 PM

good Lord...

I'm glad this mentality is soon to be leaving campus for good. I never liked B Smith anyways. And Hughes, thanks for your one good game in 4 years....self entitled SOBs....how are you guys doing in the League anyways?

Kak7304 02-01-2012 04:32 PM

I think this just goes to show that Kelly's comments earlier this year were maybe justified.

rocket66 02-01-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kak7304 (Post 652813)
I think this just goes to show that Kelly's comments earlier this year were maybe justified.

For sure. If I remember correctly, Smith was a last minute addition anyway when some others fell through.

Irish4Life09 02-01-2012 05:07 PM

Absolutely my favorite player on the team.
I love the fire he has.Future NFL star right there.

D-BOE34 02-01-2012 06:37 PM

Just checking in on the board against my gut feeling ... this just made NSD sit very well with me!

This, with just seeing on TV that Michigan is losing 3 starters up front next year (maybe I should have known that) ...

WHOOOOO!!! NICE WORK LOU!

sportallyr 02-01-2012 06:45 PM

Love me some Big Lou!!! He has the swag that we need on this team. Players that lead by example by working hard and who are not afraid to speak up when others are not doing the same. While I normally agree with RH that players should respect their elders...I side 100% with Irish Chocolate on this one.

HawaiianIrish 02-01-2012 07:06 PM

Big Lou you DA MAN!!!!

After a crappy day this brings a smile to my face.....

GO IRISH!!!!!!!!!!!!

cLaRk_JoNeS 02-02-2012 03:12 AM

i was not a big lou fan all year, his best game was the Bowl game by a largeeeee amount. If he can play like he did in the bowl game all year then that just does so much more for Lynch n tuitt. B Smith just another guy that was frustrating to watch.

OlympiaIrishFan 02-02-2012 12:15 PM

Man, SEC type players? Really? Has BS even looked at our players the last two recruiting classes???

Nix first of all can play anywhere.

So Can:

Tuitt, Lynch, Day, Jones, and Ishaq. Now our problem is corner and some at LB. Now Hercules/Councell/Rabasa may change some of that.

Way to go Big Lou, I love your passion!!

Grahambo 02-09-2012 02:03 PM

@CoachBrianKelly can i have a hug? :)