Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion

Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion (https://www.irishenvy.com/forums/index.php)
-   2010 Recruiting Profiles (https://www.irishenvy.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   '10 FL DT Louis Nix (Notre Dame Man) (https://www.irishenvy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44388)

ND NYC 08-12-2014 10:38 AM

go Lou!!

PLACforever 08-12-2014 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zelezo vlk (Post 1324171)
Read that he's just been activated off the PUP.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Awesome, now maybe I'll draft Houston's D!

dublinirish 08-12-2014 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PLACforever (Post 1324174)
Awesome, now maybe I'll draft Houston's D!

looks good on paper alright but the offense is gonna but them in such terrible position they are pretty much undraftable

Ironman8 09-24-2014 11:40 AM

Texans put him on IR. Lost rookie season for the big guy.

NoJusticeNoPeace 09-24-2014 11:49 AM

It happens. Josh Chapman was IR'd by the Colts his rookie year and has been a stud this year, his 3rd year. NTs take time. Nix is going to tear it up in the NFL. No doubt.

beryirish 09-24-2014 12:18 PM

Rudolph - Te'o - Nix

...geez

Rizzophil 09-24-2014 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironman8 (Post 1358692)
Texans put him on IR. Lost rookie season for the big guy.

Was it for the same knee?

NDohio 09-24-2014 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beryirish (Post 1358718)
Rudolph - Te'o - Nix

...geez

- Eifert

blueNDgold44 09-24-2014 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beryirish (Post 1358718)
Rudolph - Te'o - Nix

...geez

Eifert too

stlnd01 09-24-2014 01:19 PM

Entire NFL's a MASH unit.
I sometimes wonder if/why we don't sit down with recruits, show them the NFL injury lists every week, and remind them in no uncertain terms that their pro career probably won't last more than three or four years and to get a real degree.

Buster Bluth 09-24-2014 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stlnd01 (Post 1358746)
Entire NFL's a MASH unit.
I sometimes wonder if/why we don't sit down with recruits, show them the NFL injury lists every week, and remind them in no uncertain terms that their pro career probably won't last more than three or four years and to get a real degree.

I'm 100% sure ND does that.

TheTurningPoint 09-24-2014 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rizzophil (Post 1358733)
Was it for the same knee?

Wrist.

scUM Hater 09-24-2014 09:12 PM

Left knee

stlnd01 09-25-2014 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buster Bluth (Post 1358750)
I'm 100% sure ND does that.

Well, they should do it more. And with the parents. And then again. The idea that even elite recruits can rely on any sort of sustained career in the NFL is laughable. Even early-round draft picks get a signing bonus and then are left to pray their knees, shoulders and brains hold up.

Whiskeyjack 03-16-2015 04:00 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Thought Louis Nix III was next Vince Wilfork. Now gets to learn from Vince Wilfork in Houston.</p>&mdash; Dan Wetzel (@DanWetzel) <a href="https://twitter.com/DanWetzel/status/577559113930014720">March 16, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

woolybug25 03-16-2015 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whiskeyjack (Post 1508991)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Thought Louis Nix III was next Vince Wilfork. Now gets to learn from Vince Wilfork in Houston.</p>&mdash; Dan Wetzel (@DanWetzel) <a href="https://twitter.com/DanWetzel/status/577559113930014720">March 16, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wow... A 3-4 defense with Watt and Clowney is silly enough. Add Wilfork and Irish Chocolate rotating the middle. Holy cow.

Grahambo 03-16-2015 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woolybug25 (Post 1509003)
Wow... A 3-4 defense with Watt and Clowney is silly enough. Add Wilfork and Irish Chocolate rotating the middle. Holy cow.

Yeah but..Brian Hoyer.

GowerND11 03-16-2015 06:32 PM

Imagine seeing these two on goal line defense together:

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/c770...ouisNix128.jpg http://cdn1.bloguin.com/thisgivensun...6548489653.jpg

PLACforever 03-16-2015 11:05 PM

That defense could be disgustingly scary.

connor_in 03-16-2015 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grahambo (Post 1509016)
Yeah but..Brian Hoyer.

So you're saying they'll win every game 3-0?

Irish#1 03-17-2015 08:18 AM

Not much gas left in Wilfork's tank, but he can show Big Lou some tips and tricks.

dublinirish 05-29-2015 09:02 AM

Focus on "little things" is big for Louis Nix, III

kmoose 05-29-2015 12:16 PM

Here's hoping that he's not "Irish Chocolate Canoe" today. Not sure if he stays in Houston in the offseason or what, but they are getting hammered with flooding.

Luckylucci 05-29-2015 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dublinirish (Post 1540765)

Hopefully last year was another eye opening experience for him and he can get back on track. From what I read they were fairly disappointed last year, regardless of injuries.

EuropeanDomer22 09-04-2015 12:56 PM

Released by Houston, wow

AvesEvo 09-04-2015 12:58 PM

Damn.

Sherm Sticky 09-04-2015 12:59 PM

Someone will pick him up and put him on their practice squad.


Sent via tapatalk

#1rish 09-04-2015 01:00 PM

Wow, that makes no sense. Unless there's a major injury we don't know about. He'll get picked up by another team.

Luckylucci 09-04-2015 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1rish (Post 1583580)
Wow, that makes no sense. Unless there's a major injury we don't know about. He'll get picked up by another team.

It does if he's not committed to the game. There hasn't been many positives out there about his time in Houston. Poor work ethical taking over again. Wish him the best but hope he can figure it out for a second time.

irishfan 09-04-2015 01:08 PM

Crazy. He was always compared to Wilfork. Was hoping Wilfork would show him the ropes for a season or two.

nsisk157 09-04-2015 01:09 PM

While watching Hard Knocks last night, I was thinking "Where the hell is Irish Chocolate?"

With the personality and obvious heir apparent to Vince, I thought he would have gotten some camera time.

Hope he gets it together..

woolybug25 09-04-2015 01:09 PM

The Bears have moved to a 3-4. I hope they consider picking him up.

Henges24 09-04-2015 01:10 PM

Good thing he has one-year of eligibility left at ND

Luckylucci 09-04-2015 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nsisk157 (Post 1583586)
While watching Hard Knocks last night, I was thinking "Where the hell is Irish Chocolate?"

With the personality and obvious heir apparent to Vince, I thought he would have gotten some camera time.

Hope he gets it together..

I did as well, my conclusion was that it wasn't going well for him.

ndfi78 09-04-2015 01:15 PM

Wow, I have not been paying much attention to his career. I just figured he would be a solid contributor. I guess not.

Rizzophil 09-04-2015 01:19 PM

Any chance he has lingering knee issues?

IrishJayhawk 09-04-2015 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woolybug25 (Post 1583587)
The Bears have moved to a 3-4. I hope they consider picking him up.

Exactly what I thought. The 4-3 was the reason they didn't pick him last year in the first place. Would be a nice get (assuming there's nothing horribly wrong with him...he did just get cut).

CanadalovesND 09-04-2015 01:30 PM

Getting cut in your second year after being a third round pick says something about the player...

However, Nix is still young, and inexperienced, and a former third round pick.. some team will scoop him up for their practice squad.

longliveautrydenson 09-04-2015 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckylucci (Post 1583584)
It does if he's not committed to the game. There hasn't been many positives out there about his time in Houston. Poor work ethical taking over again. Wish him the best but hope he can figure it out for a second time.

If I remember correctly, he was in BK's dog house for awhile at ND and needed a bit of a wake up call to take the game seriously. As long as he's not injured, he's got all the physical tools to be an NFL lineman. Let's hope this serves as the shot in the arm he needs to rededicate himself to the game.

Me2SouthBend 09-04-2015 01:38 PM

Did he get his degree before leaving?

Bluto 09-04-2015 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Me2SouthBend (Post 1583610)
Did he get his degree before leaving?

Yes.

wizards8507 09-04-2015 01:43 PM

It's a shame. Poor work ethic usually goes with bad attitude, but he obviously has a fantastic attitude. I know there were weight concerns. He was still hovering up around 350 when his playing weight should have been closer to 330.

Tangentially: How funny is it that Vince Wilfork is listed at 325?

‘Hard Knocks: Houston Texans’: The Sadness of Cut Day, the Joy of Vince Wilfork in Overalls and Cowboy Boots

palinurus 09-04-2015 01:48 PM

If Nix has had three knee surgeries, it's not difficult to imagine that he just can't cut it, physically, anymore, regardless of effort and experience.

GrangerIrish24 09-04-2015 01:52 PM

Bring him back as a GA!

Southside Sully 09-04-2015 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woolybug25 (Post 1583587)
The Bears have moved to a 3-4. I hope they consider picking him up.

This... They also are depleted in the NT spot.

stlnd01 09-04-2015 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palinurus (Post 1583620)
If Nix has had three knee surgeries, it's not difficult to imagine that he just can't cut it, physically, anymore, regardless of effort and experience.

Yeah. He may have left his best stuff on the field for us.

koonja 09-04-2015 02:40 PM

He's a talent in a position where there aren't a lot of guys. He'll be fine.

ACamp1900 09-04-2015 02:41 PM

Cleveland should sign him... he'd instantly be the best Quarterback on the roster.

pkt77242 09-04-2015 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wizards8507 (Post 1583615)
It's a shame. Poor work ethic usually goes with bad attitude, but he obviously has a fantastic attitude. I know there were weight concerns. He was still hovering up around 350 when his playing weight should have been closer to 330.

Tangentially: How funny is it that Vince Wilfork is listed at 325?

€˜Hard Knocks: Houston Texans€™: The Sadness of Cut Day, the Joy of Vince Wilfork in Overalls and Cowboy Boots

LOL. I remember when the Vikings listed Pat Williams at 317

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008...iliams_200.jpg

On the Left
http://purplejesus.files.wordpress.c...lliamsbros.jpg

TheOneWhoKnocks 09-04-2015 03:03 PM

he should have neva been a 3/4 dt in nfl to begin with. he was just fat not really big and powerful for the position, was always blown up 1v1 constantly. Always only played good when he wanted to or got mad. he should have been told to slim down for combine and agent work the 4/3 teams. hes got shiftiness for a 300lber when he wants to show it, 340ish meh its not for him.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.