Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion

Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion (https://www.irishenvy.com/forums/index.php)
-   2010 Recruiting Profiles (https://www.irishenvy.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   '10 FL DT Louis Nix (Notre Dame Man) (https://www.irishenvy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44388)

gkIrish 04-16-2012 07:40 PM

The first step is making the group secret, something very easy to do. That way at least potential recruits can't read the stuff. But that doesn't solve the problem of people like Nix seeing what's written

Also, I really don't see the point of Nix trolling. There are countless fans who don't deserve it compared to the handful that do.

IrishInFl 04-16-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peoriairish (Post 689677)
lOUIS NIX III ‏ @IrishChocolate9
I really want to weigh 295 pounds....#FatBoyTweet

And he wants to skinnier. Man, Twitter is so awesome. How else would I have been able to know this...

If he was referencing what I wrote, they weren't my words. Gene told me that the FSU coaching staff said that. Sorry Big Lou, but FSU didn't want you.

Which is funny, because then Gene went on to mention that they also did not offer Terrence Cody (whom also wanted to go to FSU) and he went on to be an All-American DL.

STLDomer 04-16-2012 08:12 PM

“@IrishChocolate9: @TAP1010 blah is more of a realistic word than bam in my iphone”

Bogtrotter07 04-16-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DomeLover3 (Post 689689)
Thanks, Terry. I don't like to think of myself as an idiot.... but thanks. Anyway, I don't have the power to shut Bang Bang down, though I am trying. Believe me... I am trying. I've talked to the admin, but he's set on keeping it up. He really means well, but there is a fundamental problem with Bang Bang that the group can't seem to grasp. You can't have players on an ND board. Players know to avoid fan boards such as this if they don't want to see the worst side of their fan base. So a board on Facebook, where they are invited to join CAN ONLY DO BAD. If you wanna have a board on Facebook- fine, LEAVE THE PLAYERS OUT OF IT. Make it secret so they won't be tempted to search it. I honestly believe Lou saw the stuff about the position battle and thought about Lynch's situation and thought to himself why is he so far from home when he could be in Florida having fun and not have to deal with ND fans hounding him........ Bang Bang needs to go. Allegedly, and this is the story from long ago before Nix was an admin, but the story goes something like this.. Tee was an admin, then he made Peter Zabroski an admin. After all the incidents with recruits, someone "high up" in the ND administration told Nix to be an admin so he could monitor this to not hurt recruiting. This was the story... Exposing Nix to the idiocy was probably a mistake. I don't care who does it, someone call Swarbrick, have him look up the directory for an old baseball player named Peter Zabroski, give him a call and get that off of Facebook.

Just give us an address.

woolybug25 04-16-2012 08:26 PM

Dear Irish Chocolate,

I would drop on a grenade for you...

Love Always,

~Bug



edit - WTGDF is going on with the embed?

DomeLover3 04-16-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogtrotter07 (Post 689747)
Just give us an address.

The website doesn't have an e-mail listen for him but the mailing address is:

University of Notre Dame
C113 Joyce Center
Notre Dame, IN 46556

Phone number for the Senior Administration: (574) 631-6107

Bogtrotter07 04-16-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DomeLover3 (Post 689752)
The website doesn't have an e-mail listen for him but the mailing address is:

University of Notre Dame
C113 Joyce Center
Notre Dame, IN 46556

Phone number for the Senior Administration: (574) 631-6107

I meant for the group administrator.

Bogtrotter07 04-16-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woolybug25 (Post 689748)
Dear Irish Chocolate,

I would drop on a grenade for you...

Love Always,

~Bug



edit - WTGDF is going on with the embed?

SEE? It's not just me!

clashmore_mike 04-16-2012 08:35 PM

Louis Nix- Grenade - YouTube

loomis41973 04-16-2012 08:37 PM

Twitter and social media ban not too far on the horizon.

clashmore_mike 04-16-2012 08:42 PM

Looks like its all good with the big fella.

Irish Sports Daily Forums

DomeLover3 04-16-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loomis41973 (Post 689761)
Twitter and social media ban not too far on the horizon.

I think the idea of this is impractical and would make us less attractive to recruits

DomeLover3 04-16-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogtrotter07 (Post 689754)
I meant for the group administrator.

Best I can do in terms of an address is his Facebook

Profile:

Peter Zabroski | Facebook

clashmore_mike 04-16-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DomeLover3 (Post 689768)
I think the idea of this is impractical and would make us less attractive to recruits

Urban Meyer is having trouble getting kids to commit to OSU, right?

clashmore_mike 04-16-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DomeLover3 (Post 689769)
Best I can do in terms of an address is his Facebook

Profile:

Peter Zabroski | Facebook

LOL at ZaBROski

loomis41973 04-16-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DomeLover3 (Post 689768)
I think the idea of this is impractical and would make us less attractive to recruits

Don't know if i agree with it either, but more and more schools are jumping on it.

DomeLover3 04-16-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clashmore_mike (Post 689770)
Urban Meyer is having trouble getting kids to commit to OSU, right?

Its disputed that hes banned tweeting.

OSU is also a very different sell than ND... Probably an easier one in this day and age

DomeLover3 04-16-2012 08:49 PM

Just to clarify... I would LOVE to see a ban on twitter and facebook for players... just don't know if it would work out..

clashmore_mike 04-16-2012 08:53 PM

Since no one is paying any attention to it...

A poster on ISD talked to a trusted source within the team today. Nix is 100% staying but did have some kind of issues with the way something was happening. He apologized to the team today.

Our very own NDinLA verified and maybe will shed some more light on it if he has anything to add.

DomeLover3 04-16-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clashmore_mike (Post 689776)
Since no one is paying any attention to it...

A poster on ISD talked to a trusted source within the team today. Nix is 100% staying but did have some kind of issues with the way something was happening. He apologized to the team today.

Our very own NDinLA verified and maybe will shed some more light on it if he has anything to add.

Excellent news! Lets just hope precautions are taken to keep our players satisfied. haha

mgriff 04-16-2012 08:57 PM

After a five minute project in MS Paint, I've changed my profile pic in honor of this thread.

CarrollVermin 04-16-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clashmore_mike (Post 689776)
Since no one is paying any attention to it...

A poster on ISD talked to a trusted source within the team today. Nix is 100% staying but did have some kind of issues with the way something was happening. He apologized to the team today.

Our very own NDinLA verified and maybe will shed some more light on it if he has anything to add.

I would be interested to know what these "issues" are and what impact they have had on other player decisions to transfer, decommit, etc.

woolybug25 04-16-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgriff (Post 689779)
After a five minute project in MS Paint, I've changed my profile pic in honor of this thread.

Wow... that took five minutes, eh?

jk

Bogtrotter07 04-16-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarrollVermin (Post 689789)
I would be interested to know what these "issues" are and what impact they have had on other player decisions to transfer, decommit, etc.

I don't.

STLDomer 04-16-2012 09:24 PM

Photo might not work but for the Big Bang Theory fans
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mgriff (Post 689779)
After a five minute project in MS Paint, I've changed my profile pic in honor of this thread.



http://mail.sluh.org/service/home/~/...id=5677&part=2

IrishAlum1997 04-16-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STLDomer (Post 689735)
“@IrishChocolate9: @TAP1010 blah is more of a realistic word than bam in my iphone”

Missed that in my Tweetiverse. If blah means bam, then my bad, Lou Nix. I'm 36 and white.

All the same, while many of us take ND football a bit too seriously, it is, for better or worse, the most visible component of our University. While we certainly take to heart the impact losing players has on our team, we hurt equally (if not more) for the loss of opportunity beyond football Notre Dame can afford those that persevere through the challenging times.

Buster Bluth 04-16-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgriff (Post 689779)
After a five minute project in MS Paint, I've changed my profile pic in honor of this thread.

This is the Louis Nix troll face:

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._8059258_n.jpg

STLDomer 04-16-2012 09:54 PM

I fail at uploading edited photos but
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by STLDomer (Post 689802)

if anyone wanted to know I put this http://www.merchandisingplaza.co.uk/...35921/img4.jpg

and his face in this together http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...57718395_n.jpg

NDdomer2 04-16-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishAlum1997 (Post 689843)
Missed that in my Tweetiverse. If blah means bam, then my bad, Lou Nix. I'm 36 and white.

All the same, while many of us take ND football a bit too seriously, it is, for better or worse, the most visible component of our University. While we certainly take to heart the impact losing players has on our team, we hurt equally (if not more) for the loss of opportunity beyond football Notre Dame can afford those that persevere through the challenging times.

I think what he is trying to say is that he wanted his phone to type bam but it put blah.

JughedJones 04-16-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NDdomer2 (Post 689846)
I think what he is trying to say is that he wanted his phone to type bam but it put blah.

Winner.

Irishnuke 04-16-2012 10:18 PM

Twitter is dumb.

BMT 04-16-2012 10:20 PM

Just out of curiosity, could someone answer this-

If ND or BK did not want to release a player from scholarship is this possible and for how long? That would put a quick stop to non legit reasons to bail.

Domina Nostra 04-16-2012 10:23 PM

What does trolling mean? He was venting frustration, not just messing with people.

woolybug25 04-16-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STLDomer (Post 689845)

I would like to see this... please right click your edited pic, click "copy image url", then press the http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/imag...nsertimage.gif button, and then paste that url in the that box.

I may want to make a tshirt out of that.

PS - Please turn the background from red, to green. This change will deserve a vbeer.

BeauBenken 04-16-2012 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woolybug25 (Post 689912)
I would like to see this... please right click your edited pic, click "copy image url", then press the http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/imag...nsertimage.gif button, and then paste that url in the that box.

I may want to make a tshirt out of that.

PS - Please turn the background from red, to green. This change will deserve a vbeer.

I'd give vbucks (and real bucks) if it was of high quality. That'd be an awesome shirt!

Buster Bluth 04-16-2012 11:38 PM

We would need Nix (I HOPE HE DOESN'T READ THIS OR SOMETHING HINT HINT HINT) to post a picture with much better pixel quality.

This is the best I could do in between calc problems (so by no means consider it worthy of anything other than showing the need for a better picture):

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...47842463_n.jpg

Again, the pixel quality is pathetic. Any editing of his actual face turned out to be horrible.

IrishFaninTX 04-16-2012 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STLDomer (Post 689735)
“@IrishChocolate9: @TAP1010 blah is more of a realistic word than bam in my iphone”

Sounds like his Iphone auto-corrected for him and he meant to say BAM instead of blah. If that is the case, then I would say that tweet was positive and not negative the way it seemed with the blah in there.

And Lou, most of the ND fans are not crazy, irrational dumb azzes. And those of us that are not can not wait to watch you and the rest of the D-Boys wreak havoc on opposing offenses next season! Go Irish!

woolybug25 04-17-2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buster Bluth (Post 689921)
We would need Nix (I HOPE HE DOESN'T READ THIS OR SOMETHING HINT HINT HINT) to post a picture with much better pixel quality.

This is the best I could do in between calc problems (so by no means consider it worthy of anything other than showing the need for a better picture):

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...47842463_n.jpg

Again, the pixel quality is pathetic. Any editing of his actual face turned out to be horrible.

Reps.

Somebody please tweet BigLou that we need a high res version of his nbc profile pic. This could be epic. I will send him several shirts if we can make this happen!

woolybug25 04-17-2012 12:14 AM

We will also need a pic for this shirt as well.

http://noiseporn.com/nunoise/wp-cont...03-300x265.jpg

NDinFL 04-17-2012 12:15 AM

This thread has TOTALLY redeemed itself with the last few posts

peoriairish 04-17-2012 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woolybug25 (Post 689930)
We will also need a pic for this shirt as well.

http://noiseporn.com/nunoise/wp-cont...03-300x265.jpg

But the text needs to be changed to "Whatchu talkin bout Louis?"

dshans 04-17-2012 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeauBenken (Post 689626)
I think NDdomer2 should be neg repped to oblivion for that one...

No, no, no (it ain't me, babe) ...

The line it is drawn, the curse it is cast.
The slow one now will later be fast,
As the present now will later be past;
The order is rapidly fadin'.
And the first one now will later be last,
For the times they are a-changin'.

gkIrish 04-17-2012 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woolybug25 (Post 689929)
Reps.

Somebody please tweet BigLou that we need a high res version of his nbc profile pic. This could be epic. I will send him several shirts if we can make this happen!

I hollered at him lets see if he responds

Rhode Irish 04-17-2012 12:56 AM

Can we give it a rest with tweeting to or at players? I know it seems harmless, but there is no benefit.

gkIrish 04-17-2012 12:57 AM

Alright long story short I'm ready to go with Lou. What do you guys need from him exactly (picture wise)

Buster Bluth 04-17-2012 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhode Irish (Post 689952)
Can we give it a rest with tweeting to or at players? I know it seems harmless, but there is no benefit.

In this case, I strongly disagree. There is a clear, and awesome, benefit, and it's not a "you suck why would you even think about leaving?!?" or "please be my friend? :)" sorta thing.

We are his fans, I'm sure he gets that. I'd also bet that he will find this to be pretty funny too if it turns out well.

Keep in mind too that this is the same guy who will play with random Irish fans via his xbox, and is on Bang Bang (ugh.). We're not gunna scare him outta South Bend.

Buster Bluth 04-17-2012 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woolybug25 (Post 689912)
PS - Please turn the background from red, to green. This change will deserve a vbeer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by woolybug25 (Post 689929)
Reps.

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/ima...y-drink-on.gif
http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/ima...ou-pay-now.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkIrish (Post 689954)
Alright long story short I'm ready to go with Lou. What do you guys need from him exactly (picture wise)

Other than an autographed one? :) haha Ummm, one just with much better picture quality. I'm a total amateur and am just now taking my Planning Photoshop class (thus I am able to screw around with this), so I'm not sure if there's a real definition. Just a picture shot with digital camera would be fine. His facial expression would obivously be up to him; he's a funny guy, I trust him. haha

IrishAlum1997 04-17-2012 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NDdomer2 (Post 689846)
I think what he is trying to say is that he wanted his phone to type bam but it put blah.

Correct.

Bogtrotter07 04-17-2012 08:12 AM

Come gather round people wherever you roam
And admit that the waters around you have grown
And accept it that soon you'll be drenched to the bone
If your time to you is worth saving
Then you'd better start swimming or you'll sink like a stone
For the times, they are a changing

Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pens
And keep your eyes open, the chance won't come again
And don't speak too soon, the wheel's still in spin
And there's no telling who that it's naming
Oh the loser will be later to win
For the times, they are a changing

Come senators, congressmen, please head the call
Don't stand in the doorway, don't block up the hal
lFor he that gets hurt will be her that has stalled
The battle outside ragging will soon shake your windows
And rattle your hall
For the times, they are a changing

Come mothers and fathers all over this land
And don't criticize what you can't understand
Your sons and your daughter are beyond your command
Your old role is rapidly aging
Please get out of the new one if you can't lend a hand
For the times they are a changing

The line, it is drawn, the curse, it is cast
The slow one will later be fast
And the present now will soon be the past
The order is rapidly fading
The first one now will later be last
For the times, they are a changing


Do we have a winner?

woolybug25 04-17-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkIrish (Post 689954)
Alright long story short I'm ready to go with Lou. What do you guys need from him exactly (picture wise)

We need a high resolution pic file (PNG, JPEG, and GIF format) of his NBC profile pic. We will then have Bluster design it, and I will have the two shirts made.

What size shirt does a 329 pound NT wear?


Quote:

Can we give it a rest with tweeting to or at players? I know it seems harmless, but there is no benefit.
Get off my lawn, old timer.



@Buster - My apologies good sir. Vbeer cometh...


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.