Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion

Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion (https://www.irishenvy.com/forums/index.php)
-   2010 Recruiting Profiles (https://www.irishenvy.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   '10 FL DT Louis Nix (Notre Dame Man) (https://www.irishenvy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44388)

rtrn2glory 04-16-2012 08:35 AM

so i'm no twitter regular, but that seems like that may have been sent over spring break??

makes zero sense to me idk

SirStrutsAlot 04-16-2012 08:37 AM

That was this past Friday..the 13th..couple hours after the Lynch news broke....

dublinirish 04-16-2012 08:39 AM

to me, it sounds like BK gave Nix a Ishaq/AL type "vacation" to go home and think about what kind of effort he wants to give at ND.

SirStrutsAlot 04-16-2012 08:40 AM

ND sounds like an easy sell to the southern boys...

greyhammer90 04-16-2012 08:42 AM

....I have been exceedingly calm about all this bullshit that has been happening... but if this is true
http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-conten...RRIER_RAGE.gif

GoldenIsThyFame 04-16-2012 08:43 AM

Darby is in Maryland. He didn't EE at FSU.

SirStrutsAlot 04-16-2012 08:46 AM

Quote:

.Ronald Nitro Darby
In tally. #im home
Share · Friday at 11:11am via mobile ·

Tally means Tallahassee, right? i know he didn't EE but it sounds like he is there to me..

rtrn2glory 04-16-2012 08:47 AM

did they have their spring game this past weekend?

SirStrutsAlot 04-16-2012 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtrn2glory (Post 689270)
did they have their spring game this past weekend?

Yes.

Irishman77 04-16-2012 08:49 AM

Either these kids become great or quit. If everyone is flipping out over the tweet,I think they are a bit sensitive. Kelly has had more success getting 100% with 3star players than Weiss with 4&5 star players. After this pre season those who stick will be carved out of wood.

SirStrutsAlot 04-16-2012 08:53 AM

Quote:

Kelly has had more success getting 100% with 3star players than Weiss with 4&5 star players.
Good thing we're only losing 5stars and 4stars (maybe)...

MNIrish14 04-16-2012 08:55 AM

I find this concerning cause a few weeks ago someone close to the football team told me Lynch was likely gone and he said if Lynch was gone, there is a chance Nix would follow. At the time I thought it was complete bs but now...

irishff1014 04-16-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irishman77 (Post 689272)
Either these kids become great or quit. If everyone is flipping out over the tweet,I think they are a bit sensitive. Kelly has had more success getting 100% with 3star players than Weiss with 4&5 star players. After this pre season those who stick will be carved out of wood.

You are talking about to different leagues. You can't coach a whole team of 3s and win at ND. With the schools we play you HAVE to have some very good talent. Yes you will have the ones like Eifert that will turn out to be very productive players.

IrishInFl 04-16-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirStrutsAlot (Post 689258)
I'm not jumping to conclusions, but this is their convo....

Ronald Nitro Darby
In tally. #im home
Share Friday at 11:11am via mobile 11 people like this..

Louis Nasty-Dawg Nix III You got me a place to stay if i come visit?Friday at 11:15am.

Ronald Nitro Darby Ofcorse lol you prob have a place for me to stay Friday at 12:32pm.

Louis Nasty-Dawg Nix III You already know man...i just dont think you want to be in snow lolFriday at 1:21pm.

Ronald Nitro Darby Lol you right Friday at 3:16pm.

Lol, no. Gene told a long time ago that FSU didn't want Nix, they said he was too fat. Now they have a very good looking line, and it's not likely they'd let him transfer with a scholarship.

greyhammer90 04-16-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishInFL (Post 689282)
Lol, no. Gene told a long time ago that FSU didn't want Nix, they said he was too fat. Now they have a very good looking line, and it's not likely they'd let him transfer with a scholarship.

Well its a good thing Longo helped him trim down.

JughedJones 04-16-2012 09:16 AM

Oh, for the love of everything holy.

SirStrutsAlot 04-16-2012 09:17 AM

I think ppl are more worried about him transferring, than transferring to F$U, i was just posting what i seen, so others could see it.

Irishman77 04-16-2012 09:17 AM

Without our staff nix would be well over 400lbs. Now he could be on a path to play football for a living. I still dont see any reason to worry yet...

anarin 04-16-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greyhammer90 (Post 689283)
Well its a good thing Longo helped him trim down.

When you're big dude, you're a big dude. Longo can't work miracles.

http://www.unitedlegends.com/Web%20I...aption_jpg.jpg

gkIrish 04-16-2012 09:20 AM

Was really hoping I would wake up to something positive but it seems like it got worse.

http://www.popgadget.net/images/panic-button-red.jpg

The cover is on right now but who knows what will happen

IrishInFl 04-16-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anarin (Post 689288)
When you're big dude, you're a big dude. Longo can't work miracles.

http://www.unitedlegends.com/Web%20I...aption_jpg.jpg

? http://thatgirlisfunny.com/wp-conten...chelin-man.jpg

IrishSteelhead 04-16-2012 09:40 AM

That's it. I surrender.

http://www.holocaustresearchproject....0Surrender.jpg

Bogtrotter07 04-16-2012 09:41 AM

Some people just got no couth;

Wouldn't it be funny, if we had a player with the balls to pull one over on the most rabid fans?

Mods you need to lock this thread temporarily, so someone doesn't say something they will regret later.

FLDomer 04-16-2012 09:48 AM

^ Reps!

TheTurningPoint 04-16-2012 09:48 AM

1. Nix is allowed to talk to Darby. Guys actually have friends that play for other schools that ND fans may hate. So you cant flip out when oh Nix is talking to Darby or **** hes talking to robert woods.

2. I was told this weekend Nix wasnt exactly happy at ND but he realized the meaning of a ND degree and the staff wasnt worried abt him transferring.

3. If Nix does leave...i think you may see a few other top kids names surface on a transfer rumor too.

Zbi 04-16-2012 09:53 AM

If Nix leaves, I will most likely cut my wrist....vertically.

Irishman77 04-16-2012 09:54 AM

TP what is it they aren't happy about? Working hard?

irishff1014 04-16-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTurningPOint (Post 689304)
1. Nix is allowed to talk to Darby. Guys actually have friends that play for other schools that ND fans may hate. So you cant flip out when oh Nix is talking to Darby or **** hes talking to robert woods.

2. I was told this weekend Nix wasnt exactly happy at ND but he realized the meaning of a ND degree and the staff wasnt worried abt him transferring.

3. If Nix does leave...i think you may see a few other top kids names surface on a transfer rumor too.

Why dos none of this surprise me

IrishInFl 04-16-2012 09:57 AM

I just don't see it happening. Doesn't he have a gf at ND? At least he wouldn't leave because of a chick.

jimmymac 04-16-2012 09:58 AM

He was at Practice today. Breathe a little bit.

Irishpinoy 04-16-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irishman77 (Post 689309)
TP what is it they aren't happy about? Working hard?

That Rees will be the starter again and Kelly won't listen to anyone...sigh.

GoldenIsThyFame 04-16-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmymac (Post 689316)
He was at Practice today. Breathe a little bit.

Jimmy is the man.

Bogtrotter07 04-16-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irishpinoy (Post 689318)
That Rees will be the starter again and Kelly won't listen to anyone...sigh.

Normally this would be worth a chuckle, but today with some people waiting for any news, like whether Nix was seen at practice, it comes off rather douchey.

anarin 04-16-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogtrotter07 (Post 689322)
Normally this would be worth a chuckle, but today with some people waiting for any news, like whether Nix was seen at practice, it comes off rather douchey.

Bogtrotter07 04-16-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anarin (Post 689324)

You know I do wonder why that post showed, and jimmymac's didn't the first time I looked at the thread, and then when I closed and reaopened the thread there were JM's golden words.

Grahambo 04-16-2012 10:15 AM

So, someone has to be happy all the time? God forbid any unhappiness!

BestBIrish47 04-16-2012 10:16 AM

Big Lou is one of my favorite players on the team. The way he committed in between coaches and stuck with us impressed me. Spring ball is a grind, and by the sound of reports, this spring has been more physical. I hope all these rumors are just a product of the Academic/Spring Grind.

Domina Nostra 04-16-2012 10:20 AM

I hope Nix stays. He is one of my favorites. Great personality, great talent, great guy.

But when Manti said, "ND is not for everyone," he has a point. It must be very confusing to go to a school that makes you work so hard off the field, and has such a small, elite college feel, when you could go to 30 other schools that will let you coast and surround you with a much bigger population of kids. Talking to their Florida friends must be hard.

Its one thing when ND is winning. Everything is great (see Stanford). But when we are playing mediocre ball, its another thing all together. At Notre Dame the media piles it on espeically thick because (a) people love to hate ND; (b) they want the power center of college football to be within their billion dollar contracts; and (c) people get sick of the fact that ND is playing by the rules- it makes other teams look dirty.

On top of that, you havee a huge contingent of "fans" who feel they "owe it to themselves," the team, and the University (Judge Shmales style) to trash the program whenever it wins less than 10 games-- anything less would be accepting mediocrity so the logic goes.

Last but not least, your coach is a hard-*** because that is what works everywhere else. But when life outside of the practice facilities is so easy everywhere else, its easy to understand the disenchantment with a coach who demands so much. I know first hand that the Alabama kids are all TERRIFIED of Nick Saban. But who cares-- they are winning and life is good (in the pagan sense) for a 20 year old footballer in the SEC.

NDFANnSouthWest 04-16-2012 10:30 AM

Big Lou made a comment on FB Sat "Football not a matter of life and death." Sounds like the staff is pushing the players very hard.

Grahambo 04-16-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NDFANnSouthWest (Post 689344)
Big Lou made a comment on FB Sat "Football not a matter of life and death." Sounds like the staff is pushing the players very hard.

Or a message to the fans to chill out.

tko 04-16-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

As they should. Maybe Bob Davie will have him!

Chamellion 04-16-2012 10:40 AM

To be honest, he has never really cared about football the way some do, meaning it as an end all be all. He sees it as a way to get an education.

Domina Nostra 04-16-2012 10:53 AM

He's right, in the most important sense, but he should recognize that football gives him a unique opportunity to provide for his future family. To start off your adult life with that kind of money would provide a bazillion options that might otherwise be there?

Think family is the most important thing? Wouldn't it be nice to be able to take a job that allows you to spend a lot of time with them since your football earnings took the edge off off things.

IrishInFl 04-16-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grahambo (Post 689353)
Or a message to the fans to chill out.

And boom goes the dynamite.

He also made a comment to the fans asking asking why they thought it was easy to be a student-athlete, to which everyone replying asked what the hell he was talking about.

NDFANnSouthWest 04-16-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tko (Post 689356)
As they should. Maybe Bob Davie will have him!

getting old

SD Irish 04-16-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Maybe it's just the way I read it but I thought that comment was in reference to the reaction/attacks on the whole Lynch situation...

tko 04-16-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NDFANnSouthWest (Post 689375)
getting old

damn, served me Ivan Lendl style.

Bogtrotter07 04-16-2012 11:03 AM

That shiit cray!

Logic error 101 Big Lou: the grass is always greener when the other guy is smoking it. Most fans figure that because you have been given something that they have never had, though they would give their right testcle for, that everything in your life is great and easy.

People loose sight of the fact that champions are those that rise to the occasion and do what the masses won't or cannot do.

People don't realize you are not out of the same suckville that they are mired in, just that you have a fancier suit, make sense GB?

NDFANnSouthWest 04-16-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tko (Post 689379)
damn, served me Ivan Lendl style.

lol.

I was able to meet Bob this weekend for the Cheery Silver game. He seems like a good guy, and is enjoying the sun shine. We will see if he can be successful.

beryirish 04-16-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTurningPOint (Post 689304)

WTF.
--------

I too think Nix is a guy who values the education...that's what makes me think nothing will happen with him transferring but damn all this negative information is absolutely killing me.

2012 Top 10 recruiting class (by some services) -- Awesome
Tee Shepherd leaves ---- Sh1t
Michigan gets 8 studs in one weekend some are ND prospects -----Sh1t
ND knocks it out of the park on their junior day ---- Awesome
Lynch leaves ----- Sh1t
Rees is looking good in practice ------Sh1t
Rumors on Nix -----Sh1t

There's too many Sh1t's and not enough Awesome's in this timeline damn it!