Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion

Irish Envy | Notre Dame Football Discussion (https://www.irishenvy.com/forums/index.php)
-   2010 Recruiting Profiles (https://www.irishenvy.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   '10 FL DT Louis Nix (Notre Dame Man) (https://www.irishenvy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44388)

jason_h537 12-02-2009 12:34 AM

Saw it at Rivals and couldnt believe it. Its amazing NDcan get a commit without a coach.

Skuch22 12-02-2009 01:16 AM

Yes! this is sweet

Tate the Great 12-02-2009 01:32 AM

I may be way off, but it's just something for everyone to think about.

Nix may be coming to ND because he knows Urban Meyer will be our next coach. UF was recruiting Nix and he was there for the game last weekend. Why does this matter you may ask? There is always the possibility Urban talked to him and told him he will become the next coach at Notre Dame. This would explain the timing of the commitment, right after his visit to UF. Any thoughts?

The Polish Irishman 12-02-2009 01:34 AM

Great Pickup..could get reps next year and that is why he is coming to ND. Oh..and that whole ND degree thing

Tate the Great 12-02-2009 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Polish Irishman (Post 338695)
Great Pickup..could get reps next year and that is why he is coming to ND. Oh..and that whole ND degree thing

You may be right, but why would he wait until now to announce? I just still find the timing weird...

IrishFanForLife 12-02-2009 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tate the Great (Post 338696)
You may be right, but why would he wait until now to announce? I just still find the timing weird...

maybe admissions and just got cleared today, but i agree with you odd timing

HawaiianIrish 12-02-2009 02:13 AM

Awesome. Nix u da man. U committed to a univeristy and not a coach.

Dacian_Irish 12-02-2009 02:39 AM

Maybe he has been waiting on admissions to clear him?

Maybe the coach to be would only come to ND if we would give him 3 or so players that wouldn't qualify otherwise. So to prove we are serious admissions go through.

In the next couple of days the new coach will be announced.

(just a theory, no inside info)

chyrspchuck 12-02-2009 04:29 AM

so awesome, very excited, we needed some good news today.

BGIF 12-02-2009 05:00 AM

Per ESPN afflieate ISD:
Under Armour A DTLouis Nix decommitted from Miami-FL Tuesday and switched to ND after Nix received a visit from Irish assistant coach Tony Alford.

Quote:

"He told me about the situation with the coaches, and he said if he wasn't going to be there, he thought I should still go there, and that Notre Dame was the best school for me. For someone to tell me that, who possibly wouldn't be coaching me, that's something worth listening to. No more visits, no more nothing. I'm 100-percent."

Offers include MIA, UF, FSU, UM CLEM, S.C., ILL, BC, MISS.

Polish Leppy 22 12-02-2009 10:13 AM

We need 3 more Louis Nix's and 4 more Teo's

Big23Head 12-02-2009 10:32 AM

Awesome pick up. I will say that the 'Weis' staff has truly impressed me with the honor towards ND. Not to say I would have expected anything else but this is a particularly stand up coaching staff IMO.

Riddickulous 12-02-2009 04:47 PM

YES.

This will make up for that traitor Chris Martin.

GOLDENISTHYTATE 12-02-2009 04:56 PM

Florida cranks out athletic D-linemen and I am so happy to hear Mr. Nix has joined the family. This also proves what kind of recruiter Alford is.

jason_h537 12-02-2009 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClausentoFloyd (Post 339073)
YES.

This will make up for that traitor Chris Martin.

there is really no need to bash Martin, he loved Weis as did his parents and that was the biggest reason he committed. As long as he aint a Trojan i will still root for him. His decommit is different that Hunters or Trattou's, Its hard to go to a school during a coaching change.

IrishChris209 12-02-2009 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason_h537 (Post 339124)
there is really no need to bash Martin, Its hard to go to a school during a coaching change.

LoL is this not what NIX did?

NDinL.A. 12-02-2009 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason_h537 (Post 339124)
there is really no need to bash Martin, he loved Weis as did his parents and that was the biggest reason he committed. As long as he aint a Trojan i will still root for him. His decommit is different that Hunters or Trattou's, Its hard to go to a school during a coaching change.

Martin told the USC Scout reporters a month ago he was decommitting from ND, regardless of whether we fired CW or not, but he asked them to keep it on the down low, and they kept his wishes. These were their words that they posted online.

But hey, this is Nix's thread, so let's celebrate his decision to come to the great university, and we'll take this discussion over to Martin's thread (I'll post what I just wrote over there as well). And since Nix decommitted from Miami, it's kinda hypocritical to bash Martin for decommitting when we are celebrating Nix...

vernfootball1 12-02-2009 08:35 PM

Just saw a video on espn recruiting where the guy being interviewed actually said nix was a better prospect than martin, obviously they both play positions of need, but any thoughts on nix being a better prospect than martin?

also compared to vince wilfork on rivals although everyone probably knew that

JefMaj 12-02-2009 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vernfootball1 (Post 339272)
Just saw a video on espn recruiting where the guy being interviewed actually said nix was a better prospect than nix, obviously they both play positions of need, but any thoughts on nix being a better prospect than martin?

My fiancee says I'm a better me than me.....

vernfootball1 12-02-2009 08:51 PM

hahaha sorry had a little typo fixed it though

IrishAddiction 12-02-2009 11:40 PM

ND is a great school. He knows he didnt commit to a coaching staff, but a school. And for a top notch education and university you cannot beat ND ever.

That being said, Welcome to the ND family Louis! Glad to have you on board!

irishtrain 12-03-2009 01:45 AM

Saw this info last night and it was quite impressive news. I hope Mr Nix has articles written about him in the future that he signed before we even had a coach and became an All American. How can you not ask coach Alford to return after this. Nice-very nice. Plus his backs did a good job this year. Way to go Tony Alford.

Maddog77 12-30-2009 10:34 AM

Per an article in ISD, he said he will receive an in home visit with BK in January and that BK and he have spoken recently about how he will fit into BK's plans at ND. He noted that BK's comments to him were great whether you were an uncommitted or committed player and that BK sounded like a great guy.

IrishInFl 12-30-2009 12:40 PM

It's pretty hard to think that Nix was ever a thug U commit.

irish4ever 12-30-2009 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishInFL (Post 349070)
It's pretty hard to think that Nix was ever a thug U commit.

Yeah, he probably woke up in a cold sweat one night and thought "what the hell was I thinking when I committed to thugmanship?!?"

NDinMemphis 12-30-2009 03:47 PM

Per ESPN players to watch article:

"Who is the biggest "upside" guy?



Louis Nix might be that guy. He is a defensive tackle going to Notre Dame. He's one of those guys who will always have to be very conscious of his weight, but in terms of overall athletic prowess and the tools to be a dominant player at the next level, he's got the goods. He's explosive. He's big. He can anchor. He's going to garner double-teams, which is obviously gonna keep people off linebackers, and that's been Notre Dame's biggest issue. They just didn't have those difference-makers up front. He could be that."

mbeckha 12-30-2009 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NDinMemphis (Post 349109)
Per ESPN players to watch article:

"Who is the biggest "upside" guy?



Louis Nix might be that guy. He is a defensive tackle going to Notre Dame. He's one of those guys who will always have to be very conscious of his weight, but in terms of overall athletic prowess and the tools to be a dominant player at the next level, he's got the goods. He's explosive. He's big. He can anchor. He's going to garner double-teams, which is obviously gonna keep people off linebackers, and that's been Notre Dame's biggest issue. They just didn't have those difference-makers up front. He could be that."

If that analysis is correct that would be hard!

WabashFalcon 12-30-2009 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbeckha (Post 349112)
If that analysis is correct that would be hard!

Nonononono... I'm hard.

GOLDENISTHYTATE 12-30-2009 04:58 PM

I don't know why, but my favorite thing about this kid is that he wears glasses in all of his football recruit profile shots. He's gonna be the Kurt Rambis of college football, but with more athletic ability

NDsuperfan09 12-30-2009 05:24 PM

How quickly people forget Tyler Stockton too. I mean we will run the 3-4 next year, but in a couple years we could go back to a 4-3 with Stockton, Nix, Lewis-Moore, and Johnson/Leuders which would have the potential to be very good.

JKhrome1ND 12-30-2009 05:28 PM

wow this is a big boy (Nix) !! i hope we get him here.

fitz_bu47 12-30-2009 05:36 PM

I agree Golden, I love that he wears glasses and is always smiling when I see him going through drills....I love him already.

NDOM 12-30-2009 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NDsuperfan09 (Post 349145)
How quickly people forget Tyler Stockton too. I mean we will run the 3-4 next year, but in a couple years we could go back to a 4-3 with Stockton, Nix, Lewis-Moore, and Johnson/Leuders which would have the potential to be very good.

NO! GODDAMN NO!!!!! Pick a fucking defense and stick with it for christ sake. I'm tired of the 3-4 this year then the 4-3 next year and ya know what......Lets use the 3-4 again after that. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOO! Pick a fucking defense and LEARN the goddamn thing. Thats all I got to say bout thaaat.

JefMaj 12-30-2009 06:36 PM

I'll pick the one that gets to the QB....

Junkhead 12-30-2009 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKhrome1ND (Post 349149)
wow this is a big boy (Nix) !! i hope we get him here.

He has already verbally committed to ND.

WabashFalcon 12-30-2009 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NDOM (Post 349171)
NO! GODDAMN NO!!!!! Pick a fucking defense and stick with it for christ sake. I'm tired of the 3-4 this year then the 4-3 next year and ya know what......Lets use the 3-4 again after that. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOO! Pick a fucking defense and LEARN the goddamn thing. Thats all I got to say bout thaaat.

NDOM... we can use both depending on situations. 3-4 base with a shift to 4-3 on run/Nickle downs. We have started churning out depth so we could flip back-and-forth depending on situations.

johnnykillz 12-30-2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WabashFalcon (Post 349188)
NDOM... we can use both depending on situations. 3-4 base with a shift to 4-3 on run/Nickle downs. We have started churning out depth so we could flip back-and-forth depending on situations.

*I can't wait to see where this goes...:waiting:

NDinL.A. 12-31-2009 01:47 PM

Some notes from ESPN on day 2 regarding Nix:

Quote:

Hurricane rivalry
11:01 a.m. ET -- Louis Nix (Notre Dame) makes a move and gets past Shane McDermott (Miami) in a battle of current Miami commit (McDermott) vs. former (Nix). Nix follows it up with a good move on James Stone.
Quote:

Terrific tandem
11:31 a.m. ET -- Louis Nix and Todd Chandler have been playing well as a tandem inside and continue to give the interior of the offensive line fits.
Kid is ballin'!

(Sadly, so is Josh Shaw. Can't believe the kid went from saying ND was his dream school growing up, even rooting against his own brother when SDSU played at ND, to dropping ND after his visit. Damn. In interviews, he actually seems like a great kid, but I digress. He did get beat on a TD late :bbanana:)

IrishInFl 12-31-2009 03:01 PM

Can someone give me an update on how Riggs is doing? When I saw him live he sucked, so I would like to see if he is really worthy of being at an all star game.

TDHeysus 12-31-2009 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NDOM (Post 349171)
NO! GODDAMN NO!!!!! Pick a fucking defense and stick with it for christ sake. I'm tired of the 3-4 this year then the 4-3 next year and ya know what......Lets use the 3-4 again after that. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOO! Pick a fucking defense and LEARN the goddamn thing. Thats all I got to say bout thaaat.

hahahaha....you know ND has a coaching carousel...new defensive and offensive schemes o' plenty at ND. 3-4, 4-3, how about a 52-stack defense?

ND goes thru numerous philosophy changes during their 3-5 year coaching cycles. Therefore, continuity is not a component in any of them.

NDOM 01-31-2010 02:08 PM

AWESOME!

DirtySecret 01-31-2010 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NDOM (Post 355832)
AWESOME!

What rock did you crawl out from underneath? Nix has been commited..

NDOM 01-31-2010 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtySecret (Post 355835)
What rock did you crawl out from underneath? Nix has been commited..

Sorry. Wrong thread. I know he's been commited.

BGIF 01-31-2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NDOM (Post 355837)
Sorry. Wrong thread. I know he's been commited.


And it's still AWESOME!

Committing with no head coach.

irishff1014 01-31-2010 03:43 PM

With him committing to this school with out a coach means he really wants to play here and that says alot about him.

redsox4441 02-02-2010 11:46 PM

rumors on UM campus that he's thinking about switching? anyone else heard that?

vernfootball1 02-02-2010 11:57 PM

Just confirmed on ISD he cannot wait to get up to ND, he said people up at ND are going to push him to become a great person, he said there is so much talent that hey have to win

TerryTate 02-03-2010 12:02 AM

Get him in pads and let him hit people immediately

NoJusticeNoPeace 02-03-2010 12:05 AM

Yeah they don't have to be football players. Just put pads on him and having him go on an attacking spree across Michiana.

The Polish Irishman 02-03-2010 12:41 AM

He will be on Mike Frank's Power Hour tomorrow along with a host of other recruits


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.